***** Official World Cup 2019 USWNT vs. England Match Thread *****

28,576 Views | 384 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pahdz
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

bagger05 said:

After seeing one of the angles on the highlights it looked very clear to me that a penalty was the right call. Wasn't the one they were watching in super slow mo over and over again.

The one I saw clearly was the angle from behind. You see her clip the English players leg as she pulls back to strike the ball
Yep that's the one.
Hand Of God
AG
This match had it all!
Surprise lineups
3 class goals
VAR rulings
Tying goal called back
Controversial penalty ruling
Huge penalty save
Red card
MookieBlaylock
AG
Never seen a coach employ the defensive strategy of letting the forward stand unmarked between the center backs

Piss poor coaching and lucky for the inch offsides
BlueAg2003
AG
Go visit the Politics board "Viva France" thread for in-depth soccer analysis, if you're in need.
Grapesoda2525
Who do we want in the finals?

I'd guess Netherlands because Sweden knocked us out of the last major tournament we were in. I'd hate losing to them again.

I'm not that worried tho. We just beat the 3rd and 4th best teams in the world. France was probably the most dangerous team and they're out. Germany already lost.
carl spacklers hat
carl spacklers hat
Could be said about every WWC match. Just differences in speed, touch, etc. The USA v France match had plenty, too.
wangus12
AG
Aston94 said:

rugger74 said:

US could easily have lost the match today .I think the Dutch win it all this year.

Top 3 team at this World Cup have been US, England and France. Dutch have been blessed with an easier path.

Don't underestimate the Dutch because they are very good. They crushed Australia going into the World Cup. Vivianne Mediema is probably the next high goalscorer. She is 22 and already has 60 international goals. I watch a lot of her and Danielle van der Donk since they play for Arsenal FC Ladies as does the goalie. Mertens was the World Player of the Year in 2017. The Dutch can really control the midfield and attack with pace. They'll provide a tough test if they make it through
CDub06
AG
Why'd you invite me to wade in that cesspool? What a mess.
rfvgy12
AG
I want Sweden
jeffk
AG
rfvgy12 said:

I want Sweden

Yeah, but who do you think we should hope to play in the final?
Grapesoda2525
jeffk said:

rfvgy12 said:

I want Sweden

Yeah, but who do you think we should hope to play in the final?
I'm definitely hoping for Netherlands, but I'm not a big expert.

We've already seen Sweden. I guess it would be cool to see a new opponent because we're already going be a very heavy favorite no matter who it is.

Netherlands is ranked 8th in the world

Sweden is 9th

Seems to be a negligible difference between the 2.
littlebitofhifi
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
That Bronze can play and isn't hard on the eyes

Pahdz
Aston94 said:

mathguy86 said:

wangus12 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Clear Sunday's calendar boys and girls!

Gonna be on my honeymoon in St. Lucia. Already talked to Sandals and they said they'll have the game. The Gold Cup final might be a different story

I'm going to be on a cruise to Alaska. No finals for me.

They got TVs and sports bars on the Alaskan cruises....

I'll be with my wife and 8 year old daughter in San Francisco, we were planning on leaving that morning to begin our weeklong PCH voyage south but I guess we need to hang around and find a soccer bar!
fig96
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

Go visit the Politics board "Viva France" thread for in-depth soccer analysis, if you're in need.
I would say to be sure they know we wear Nike but I'm sure that's already been brought up.
Rudyjax
AG
Pahdz said:

Aston94 said:

mathguy86 said:

wangus12 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Gonna be on my honeymoon in St. Lucia. Already talked to Sandals and they said they'll have the game. The Gold Cup final might be a different story

I'll be with my wife and 8 year old daughter in San Francisco, we were planning on leaving that morning to begin our weeklong PCH voyage south but I guess we need to hang around and find a soccer bar!

Carnival won't have Fox.
Mathguy64
AG
I Am Mine said:

Pahdz said:

Aston94 said:

mathguy86 said:

wangus12 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Carnival won't have Fox.
We are on Princess and at sea \that day. I may sneak into a lounge
Rudyjax
AG
Good. I missed a ton of games last week with no fox.
PJYoung
AG
akm91
AG
I Am Mine said:

Fox Sports Go app works well!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
jeffk
AG
I dare you to go post that GIF on the politics "Viva France" thread.
gougler08
AG
It's amazing how angry people are about that celebration today
CDub06
AG
Too late Jeffrey.
jeffk
AG
Lol. Well done!

Although I had to go there and check and now I'm angry that someone called Alex Morgan a flopper.
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

Lol. Well done!

Although I had to go there and check and now I'm angry that someone called Alex Morgan a flopper.
Threaten our sport, the left, Nike, any politician, your team, your family...well, ok.

But talk Alex Morgan smack and you better be prepared to defend yourself from American soccer fans.
jeffk
AG
Exactly. A man's got to have principles.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

I Am Mine said:

Fox Sports Go app works well!

Only if you have internet. The paid internet on the ship wasn't fast enough and when close to land I don't have enough data to stream. Family plan, 7 phones. We share the data. It would cost about $100 more per month for unlimited data.
Pahdz
I don't wanna get internet AIDS so can you summarize what's going on in that thread?
tysker
AG
As a frequent poster over there I feel safe saying its closer to an internet lobotomy.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Pahdz said:

I don't wanna get internet AIDS so can you summarize what's going on in that thread?
The politics crazies (I admit to being one of them; but I'm not even touching that thread) decided to get overly political about women's soccer.

Good lord, just let some things go. It will be ok. You will encounter people whose political views do not match your own in all areas of your life. It doesn't mean you have to ruin something that is meant to be fun/entertaining.
Grapesoda2525
blindey said:

Pahdz said:

The politics crazies (I admit to being one of them; but I'm not even touching that thread) decided to get overly political about women's soccer.

Good lord, just let some things go. It will be ok. You will encounter people whose political views do not match your own in all areas of your life. It doesn't mean you have to ruin something that is meant to be fun/entertaining.
If Fox News attacked the women's soccer team at some point over the last month, then forget it.

Most of the people who watch Fox News are mindless drones who will do whatever they're told.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Good lord grapesoda, if you want to leave politics out of if, then knock off the bs statements like this

"Most of the people who watch Fox News are mindless drones who will do whatever they're told."
Hand Of God
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

blindey said:

Pahdz said:

If Fox News attacked the women's soccer team at some point over the last month, then forget it.

Most of the people who watch Fox News are mindless drones who will do whatever they're told.

No lies detected.
PatAg
AG
San Francisco has an official American Outlaws supporter bar. That's where I'd go, but maybe not kid friendly

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.