***** Official World Cup 2019 USWNT vs. England Match Thread *****

28,368 Views | 384 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pahdz
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Date: Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM CST
Venue: Parc Olympique Lyonnais

HATEEE!!!

jeffk
AG
Missed opportunity by Fifa not having this game two days later.
byfLuger41
AG
jeffk said:

Missed opportunity by Fifa not having this game two days later.

My thoughts exactly.
awall11
AG
https://prologue.blogs.archives.gov/2014/07/02/john-adams-vision-of-july-4-was-july-2/

July 2 does have significance. Ok, I'll see my nerdy self out now...
Out in Left Field
AG
Suck it King George
littlebitofhifi
AG
I know this is Texags but are those really the graphics we need on the OP of an official match thread of the WOMEN's World Cup? Come on dudes.
DollahBillzYo!
littlebitofhifi said:

I know this is Texags but are those really the graphics we need on the OP of an official match thread of the WOMEN's World Cup? Come on dudes.

Oh look - another snowflake.
littlebitofhifi
AG
littlebitofhifi
AG
I didn't start the thread, therefore can't edit the OP, but already posted one more appropriate. Anything actually related to the USWNT or beating England would be great. Feel free to google.

Edit: staff cleaned up the posts I was responding to. I would have only posted once if not been called names & demeaned for having a woman's POV on a WOMEN's sports thread.
Aston94
AG
littlebitofhifi said:

I didn't start the thread, therefore can't edit the OP, but already posted one more appropriate. Anything actually related to the USWNT or beating England would be great. Feel free to google.

Or you could get a bit of a sense of humor. We don't have to protest and object to everything we don't like or understand. Sometimes it's okay just to ignore things we do t find humorous or that maybe we don't fully understand.

Dre_00
I like you but that argument is ridiculous.

First of all, the assumption that because this poster objected to THIS post they must object to EVERY post is nonsensical and illogical.

Second, yeah you're right...they didn't have to object to the post. You didn't have to object to their objection. I didn't have to object to your objection etc etc etc. So what's your point? They shouldn't post an opinion? Why did you post your opinion of them? I mean...sometimes it's OK to just ignore posts that we don't agree with or fully understand.
who?mikejones
AG
This thread is starting off awesomely
Aston94
AG
I don't know where I said that the poster objected to EVERY post. They just objected to this one....multiple times.

I ignore stuff I don't care for every day. The point of my post was to stop 10-15 more posts from the same poster objecting to the first post.

I think your off with your comments a lot, but I choose to ignore it most the time. See how that works? (By the way there was supposed to be a smiley face at the end-but it didn't go through-I have no interest in TexAgs fights over graphics in a soccer thread).
Gordo14
It's ****ing tea party time
Aston94
AG
Time to regain focus!!!!!

It's time to kick some English ass again!!!
Dre_00
I think you just doubled down on irony but whatever...I'll move on. Besides, you're not wrong about one thing. I am wrong a lot.

Seems to me that England has better coaching than France and slightly less talent. Would be poetic if the winner of the game that was dubbed "the final" lost in the next round. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen but it some ways, I'm more worried about this game than the France game. Maybe I've just been watching too much BBC.
Dre_00
There was supposed to be a smiley face in there too. Must be a mobile thing.
Truvada_for_prep
Go England
jeffk
AG
Go to England.
jeffk
Oryx
byfLuger41
AG
littlebitofhifi said:

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else as that was not my intent. With that said, I offer my sincerest apologies. Some of the images in my OP this board has been using for 8+ years if not longer. Especially in 2010 when we had a similar match up against the Redcoats.

From my original post, you can probably gather two things: I am male & I hate England (just for a few days). Thus, my OP was tailored to my taste and preferences. Had you started the official match thread and tailored it to you liking with something I didn't really care for, I wouldn't have made a peep. As a courtesy, I will leave the Official Cup Final Thread up to you or someone else to create.

In regards to your Rapinoe picture, I'm only left to assume you support her on and off the pitch. I myself love her on the pitch, but anyone who chooses to kneel during the national anthem and/or not visit the White House isn't very American. Maybe she is a Turncoat?

I leave you this:

USA! USA! USA!
PatAg
AG
Surprised my post got deleted, but the one actually insulting the guy is still up
Hand Of God
AG
Hand Of God
AG
Keep in mind that Rapinoe has previously visited the White House. She is choosing not to visit this year due to this administration's attitude toward and policies negatively impacting the LGBTQ community. Seems fair and easy to understand why she would be upset.
Dre_00
My guess is yours was collateral damage from the other posts that were removed which referenced the garbage joke someone posted about Rapinoe.
byfLuger41
AG
I have taken down said pictures and would like to apologize for generating some serious rabbit trails.

Let's get back on track! To hell with England!

TheMasterplan
Hand Of God said:

Keep in mind that Rapinoe has previously visited the White House. She is choosing not to visit this year due to this administration's attitude toward and policies negatively impacting the LGBTQ community. Seems fair and easy to understand why she would be upset.
Which is all contrived and manufactured.
PatAg
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

I have taken down said pictures and would like to apologize for generating some serious rabbit trails.

Let's get back on track! To hell with England!

These should be considered acceptable.
tysker
AG
Quote:

So is visiting the WH because you win a sportsball event.
gig them
AG
soooooo let's maybe start a new match thread

one where we can discuss... the match
oragator
Double nerd and wholly off topic.

The version signed on July 4th, known as the fair copy, was lost to history, it was believed to be either destroyed to keep it from the British, or destroyed creating copies.
Even further off topic, there were approximately 200 copies made, likely of that document. They are known as the Dunlap Broadsides. There are 26 known to exist still, the last one that came up at auction went for 8 million.
Now imagine a world where the original was found, and what that fair copy would be worth culturally and monetarily.

Now back to soccer.
littlebitofhifi
AG
GAME DAY!!!!

MidTnAg
AG
Quote:

???
byfLuger41
AG
HATEEEEEEE!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.