* Tottenham Hotspur 2019-2020 Thread *

48,125 Views | 657 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBallAggie06
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I hate those gender reveals. But that was the best one I've seen.

I was at a wedding once where the couple revealed that they were pregnant and then did a gender reveal by cutting the cake, which had a blue filling. It was amazing.
Rudyjax
AG
Bryan98 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

I hate those gender reveals. But that was the best one I've seen.

I was at a wedding once where the couple revealed that they were pregnant and then did a gender reveal by cutting the cake, which had a blue filling. It was amazing.
And her grandmother called her a **** and stormed out?
jeffk
AG
A shotgun wedding gender reveal?!
Bryan98
AG
They were in their early 40s; they figured there was no time to waste! First marriage for both. Bride is an Ag.
Rudyjax
AG
Bryan98 said:

They were in their early 40s; they figured there was no time to waste! First marriage for both. Bride is an Ag.

Yeah. Old eggs make a dicey baby proposition. Hope everything was ok.
Bryan98
AG
Superblood Wolfmoon said:

Bryan98 said:

Yeah. Old eggs make a dicey baby proposition. Hope everything was ok.

All good to the best of my knowledge.
BBallAggie06
AG
gooners losing yesterday to Villa was fantastic!

Here's to hoping that pulling for chelsea Sunday won't end in disappointment. They play at Liverpool today and with them playing for UCL placement, a loss today would really add some urgency for when they host wolves Sunday.

Then we have to pull for chelsea on Aug 1 against the goons in FA cup...

Pulling for chelsea twice in 2 weeks??? What kind of world are we living in?!?!

(Even if we end up 7th behind wolves, we could still qualify for Europa should the gooners lose in FA Cup final)

Here's to hoping Spurs win at Palace and chelsea win at home against wolves Sunday so we can ensure European football at the new WHL next season!
Rudyjax
AG
I love reading the Arsenal thread and this thread.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Champions - of the last 5 matches. lol.

BBallAggie06
AG
So is our match the only one not on TV Sunday??? I have DTV and it seems like all the other games are on various channels (CNBC, NBC Sports, NBC, USA etc.) but when I search for Tottenham, nothing comes up at all and I have looked at all the channels and it is not on a one of them...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BBallAggie06 said:

So is our match the only one not on TV Sunday??? I have DTV and it seems like all the other games are on various channels (CNBC, NBC Sports, NBC, USA etc.) but when I search for Tottenham, nothing comes up at all and I have looked at all the channels and it is not on a one of them...
https://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/2020-07-26/

It's on NBC Sports Gold - subscription.

But it is also on Peacock (NBC streaming service). It was on the free account level last week so hopefully it is free again.

The real issues is on the last day of the season they always play all 10 matches at the same time so nobody has any advantage of knowing what happened in a game that might affect their position. They don't have 10 network channels to broadcast on. And no it is not just us. Several are on the same streaming only options.
t - cam
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

BBallAggie06 said:

https://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/2020-07-26/

It's on NBC Sports Gold - subscription.

But it is also on Peacock (NBC streaming service). It was on the free account level last week so hopefully it is free again.

The real issues is on the last day of the season they always play all 10 matches at the same time so nobody has any advantage of knowing what happened in a game that might affect their position. They don't have 10 network channels to broadcast on. And no it is not just us. Several are on the same streaming only options.

I thought golf was replaced by peacock

BBallAggie06
AG
That helps. Hopefully it will still be free tomorrow. Thank you!!
JCRiley09
AG
Does anyone know of peacock sports are live or nothing? Like if I can't watch til after noon, am I out of luck?
Rudyjax
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Does anyone know of peacock sports are live or nothing? Like if I can't watch til after noon, am I out of luck?
I've been drinking so take it for what it's worth. Yes. You can watch replays.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

It is Live now on P-cock and free.....

https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/playback/live/8275610816309330117
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

KANE!!!!!!

1-0 spurs 13' in.

inside the box splits 2 defenders and blasts it into the bottom left corner.
DeangeloVickers
AG
The 2nd half was hot garbage but we are in Top 6

6 weeks for new season. Hope we see some major changes...in transfer but Im sure we won't

I don't think I can handle a whole season of Davies
Ndombele was a nightmare...he gained 40lbs and fights with manager
I'm okay with Dier as #3 CB but not playing woke 90 minutes

JCRiley09
AG
Can we get any ROI if we wanted to sell Ndombele? Will he sell for more than we paid?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Jose postgame was pretty funny

I arrive 14th we finish 6
Bryan98
AG
I'd love it if Levy could magically trade Ndombele for several players at positions of need.

The second half reflected the dreary weather (both there and here in Houston), but we finished sixth and let's see where we go from here.
BBallAggie06
AG
That 2nd half yesterday was like Bournemouth 2.0...a straight up hot mess...woof! Just another reason I am relieved the season is done and dusted and we finished 6th.

Gonna miss seeing Jan in a Spurs shirt. Who knew how decisive his header would be at the Molineux against Wolves when he scored it at the death! Those 3 points were the difference in European football or no European football next season. Now here's to hoping Chelsea take care of business this weekend in the FA Cup.

I've said it a couple of times and I will say it again, but how funky of a season is it (so 2020) when we have to pull for Chelsea twice in 2 weeks?!?!

Really hope we can secure Hojbjerg signing and work something out with Ndombele. I would hate to see that talent gone but wish he was stronger mentally and had a better work ethic. He needs to be on the pitch, but if his ethic and mentality is not what Jose thinks is sufficient, I'll support the gaffer. Put me down as someone who would not be disappointed to see Levy sell Winks (just doesn't seem like a good fit and doesn't have the technique/skill Spurs need) and Dele (sorry too many injuries for and kind of consistent reliance). Tempted to lump in Lamela for the same reason as Dele, but he is so tenacious in his approach and plays with urgency, I just can't make that claim yet. Another injury-ridden season, OK but likely wouldn't get much. We need more creativity up front to pair with Kane. We cannot continue to rely solely on Kane and Son to score goals. I'd love to see a Danny Ings or Jack Grealish up there but we know that won't happen. Just gotta get someone else that we can rely on bc Dele is inconsistent, Lucas (I still love the guy) tries to take on 3 defenders instead of passing, and even Son is guily of the same at times. We still need to fill the right back and left back voids and hopefully we could ink Hojbjerg to fill the midfield need.

Looking forward to seeing how the transfer window shakes out and then onward to next season.

COYS!!!

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Let's tap the brakes on any excitement about rising from 14th to 6th sinceJose arrived.

While true we were 3-5-4 after 12 matches and in 14th,
We were 13-6-7 after which equates to 45 points in 26 games.

Extrapolating that over an entire season would result in ~66 points. 4th-5th place.

Not that it couldn't be a little better perhaps who knows. And maybe (maybe) we build on this

But our rise I think has more to do with others dropping than it does to us. We got about 1.7 points per game on average which is pretty pedestrian. You need 2 points per game to really compete or 76 points. That would be a solid 3rd this year.

BBallAggie06
AG

Y'all should check these guys. They do a weekly pod and they are entertaining and fun, but also very insightful. They know their Spurs and football.
byfLuger41
AG
KTBFFH, amirite?!
JCRiley09
AG
Big fan of Hotspur America/Doctor Tottenham

I listen to the fighting cock pretty frequently too
BBallAggie06
AG
This is a very good sign to hopefully anchor that midfield:

BBallAggie06
AG
Here we go!

BBallAggie06
AG
Officially official! COYS!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.