*~*~*~*~* NOVEMBER MADNESS 2018 *~*~*~*~*

9,636 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redd38
Hand Of God
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Baylor reaches the Elite 8 for the second year in a row. There is no reason why their program should be outperforming us.
redd38
AG
I still think we'd beat Baylor if we had played them this year.
redd38
AG
Elite 8 will be all the 1s and 2s except unseeded Penn St in West Virginia's spot.
HiddenAg2
A lot more chalk than I expected. Baylor beating Virginia is just unbelievable. The Cavs just dominated the game for the most part and kept missing shots in the 2nd half. I'm not sure there a single Baylor player that would have been offered a scholarship to Virginia. The loss of Ziemer really hurt the Cavs this season. Baylor with a return trip to the Elite 8 with a shot at the College Cup. Incredible really considering their roster. Jobson has done a really good job there the lastt two seasons and has overachieved.
MidTnAg
AG
None the less, Baylor was seeded #2 and reached the quarterfinals as "predicted."
redd38
AG
Both #1 seeds that played today advanced
redd38
AG
I can't get video working for the Georgetown vs Baylor game, but Baylor has already given up 6 shots, 3 on goal, and 1 goal in the first 8 minutes
redd38
AG
Oh, and 5 corners already....
Here4goodSoccer
Baylor is getting smoked down the left side, it's pretty fun to watch.

***just saw they switched their defenders to try and prevent it from continuing
ColoradoMooseHerd
Attended the Stanford/Tennessee Match yesterday and I can only say that I am glad we did not have to play Stanford this year. They completely dominated the match yesterday, the 2-0 score could have easily been 5-0 or worse. Stanford was in a completely different class.
redd38
AG
Where are you watching it? The guhoyas.com video isn't working for me
Here4goodSoccer
I'm on GUhoyas.com have you tried a different browser? I'm using safari and haven't had any issues with their website.
redd38
AG
At halftime the shots are 15-0 in favor of Georgetown
Hand Of God
AG
Stanford's program is essentially a youth national team training ground.
CDub06
AG
Georgetown leads 3-0 now. Pile it on, Hoyas.
redd38
AG
Baylor lost 3-0
ColoradoMooseHerd
Hand Of God said:

Stanford's program is essentially a youth national team training ground.

The foot skills of some of their players was amazing. And Stanford's spacing was perfect all day, they always kept their shape and their passing was amazing.
HiddenAg2
Stanford and UCLA are basically farm schools for the national team. It's really not fair right now.
redd38
AG
UCLA and UNC are tied at 2 in the second half.

UNC scored the first two, then one UCLA player scored twice in a minute to tie it up.
redd38
AG
Going to OT tied at 2. Each team has 2 yellows too.
redd38
AG
Going to 2OT
redd38
AG
Going to PKs
redd38
AG
UNC advances. All #1 seeds in the College Cup
Hand Of God
AG
The UCLA goal scorer you mentioned, Hailie Mace, has already earned caps with the USWNT. Their central midfielder, Jessie Fleming, is already a star for the CanadaWNT. Ashley Sanchez will likely be a USWNT regular down the road. This is the talent level A&M just does not have. Our recruiting is light years behind the top programs.
sharpdressedman
Hand Of God said:

The UCLA goal scorer you mentioned, Hailie Mace, has already earned caps with the USWNT. Their central midfielder, Jessie Fleming, is already a star for the CanadaWNT. Ashley Sanchez will likely be a USWNT regular down the road. This is the talent level A&M just does not have. Our recruiting is light years behind the top programs.
The elite players are seemingly drawn to college programs that are consistent national powers, College Cup participants, and national champions. We are not in that group, so we do the best we can with what we have. G is well known as an excellent coach, but his record over 25 years does not impress players who expect to be competing at the highest levels in college and as members of the USWNT thereafter. That we frequently are among the top 20 at seasons' ends is admirable, iMO.
redd38
AG
I think the foundation of an elite soccer program is nice weather and great academics, then among those candidates the elite recruits have gathered together to form the elite soccer programs.
redd38
AG
Looks like LittleAg06 is the only person to correctly predict the Florida St winner and will easily win this year's November Madness. Congrats!
OregonAggie
AG
We watched the first half of the FSU v Stanford game and the Stanford goalie had a Karius type mistake (Bale Goal). Felt bad for the girl.
CDub06
AG
redd38 said:

Looks like LittleAg06 is the only person to correctly predict the Florida St winner and will easily win this year's November Madness. Congrats!

Smh. She filled out her bracket in 10 seconds.
Hand Of God
AG
FSU gave up just 3 SOG in their two CC matches to win the title.
Hand Of God
AG
They also beat the last three champions (Stanford, USC, Penn State) in the process.
CDub06
AG
Impressive showing for FSU
redd38
AG
NovemberMadness rankings are finalized now.

LittleAg06 crushed everyone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.