Texas A&M Soccer

4,948 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Serious Lee
alamoaggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since this is the Texas A&M Soccer Board, is there no news on Aggie soccer?
wangus12
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Game 8/5 - don't know details .Checked - 8/5 7:30 Texas Southern 102.7 fm No tv

You're welcome !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
gig them
AG
A&M-centric threads will be much closer to the top when the season actually begins.
David Ellis
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

You're welcome !
Big Jim is correct. Game time Sunday vs TSU is 7:30 at Ellis Field. No admission charge. The match will be 3 30 minute periods. On Saturday, August 11, there will be an exhibition game vs TCU. Again, free, 7:30 start. For both games, if you can't make it, you can listen on The Zone 102.7FM in the Brazos Valley or on www.RadioAggieland.com elsewhere else. No TV.
David Ellis
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

You're welcome !
Big Jim is correct. Game time Sunday vs TSU is 7:30 at Ellis Field. No admission charge. The match will be 3 30 minute periods. On Saturday, August 11, there will be an exhibition game vs TCU. Again, free, 7:30 start. For both games, if you can't make it, you can listen on The Zone 102.7FM in the Brazos Valley or on www.RadioAggieland.com elsewhere else. No TV.
redd38
AG
Roster was updated tonight. No mysterious absences, all freshman accounted for, no Catiana Lychywek (not sure what the deal with her is).

No picture for Halldorsdottir, so maybe she's not here yet.
Expert Analysis
AG
15 minutes after start, fill in seat program for west side seats for anyone with a ticket.
Did that work out at baseball?
redd38
AG
Heaven help the visiting team fans that end up in section 9
BQ_90
AG
Is the Sunday exhibition game free?
redd38
AG
BQ_90 said:

Is the Sunday exhibition game free?

Yes
HiddenAg2
Couple of notes from Coach G on a radio show this week:

1. Halldorsdottir is having visa issues and won't play on Sunday but should be practicing with the team next week.

2. Coach G mentioned A&M led the nation in home attendance last year, which is not accurate. According to the official NCAA record book, BYU led with over 3,000 fans per game. A&M came in second at 2,700 fans per game. I even checked each school's website information and it confirmed those numbers. Not sure where he got his information.

3. Coach G just signed a 5-year contract extension so he will be here unless the program collapses, which won't happen.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
score ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
redd38
AG
7-0
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
But who won ? Just kidding ! Thanks !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
BQ_90
AG
what about Lopez, is she still with the Mexican national team?

I hope TCU can give us more of a workout, TSU wasn't very good. I thought in the final period (they played 3 20 minute periods) that we should have played a man down to give our defense some kind of test.
redd38
AG
Yes, Lopez is with the U20 Mexican team
hsvag
Emily Bates was outstanding all night, Ally dangerous, Cienna a force. Thought Brittany (still a little slow) and Jordan Hill look significantly improved. Impressed with fish Tera Ziemer, has presence and made some excellent passes. Passing in general looked much improved, but with TSU playing soft I will be interested in how our contested passing looks. On another note, please stop the cheesy tolling bell for corner kicks! If our corners were a much-feared offensive weapon it might be different, but this attempt to inject artificial excitement is wrong-headed. Like the "it is third down" call at Kyle.
bdp514am
was really pleased to see Brittany close out quickly on that ball in the box and bury it in the net. Not something she has done well at times. And like you, I thought Hill looked much improved and more at ease
mullokmotx
AG
The box score did not show Olivia, Jenna, Claudette or Rheagen as having played.
redd38
AG
mullokmotx said:

The box score did not show Olivia, Jenna, Claudette or Rheagen as having played.

Correct, they are all injured except Claudette I think.
MookieBlaylock
AG
5 more years!

jenjc
AG
Where's Jimena Lopez??
She's on the roster https://12thman.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6524 but we couldn't find her on the field or the sideline at the game on Sunday.

Is she not back in BCS because she's still playing in Mexico?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
see above !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
HiddenAg2
Lopez will be back for the regular season.

You can't take much away from the exhibition because TSU is just awful, no offense to them. Zeimer is the player that stood out to me the most out of the freshman. She is going to be a steal from California and was underrated by TDS. Sample looks to be recovering from injury and may not play as much as I thought this season. Emily Bates looked fantastic in her new role in the midfield. She needs to have a big year if A&M is going to make noise this season. Looking forward to seeing Iceland forward on Saturday. TCU will give us a much better idea of where the team is at right now.

It does look like we'll be playing a 3-5-2 to start the season, so that's interesting. I don't agree with only 3 in the back as evidenced by the real struggles to defend counterattacks last year, but I think Piper will play a more defensive mid position.

My best guess for starting lineup at Hawaii:

GK - Morche (until Ausmus returns from injury and is 100%)
D - Ritchie, Alston, Lopez
M - Arietta, Zeimer, Bates, McCain, Piper
F - Watt, Asdis H.
redd38
AG
Exactly 10 years ago today I met Garth Brooks at an Aggie soccer game.
mullokmotx
AG
I am hoping to see the players who were injured last week in action tonight. Tera Zeimer has a sister who I think is a junior playing at Virginia. Good to see Ally make the Herrmann Trophy watch list. She is also our only player to make the Top Drawer Soccer preseason Top 100.
redd38
AG
We play TCU tonight at 7:30 in case anyone forgot.
AggieBarstool
redd38 said:

Unless it gets rained out.
redd38
AG
AggieBarstool said:

redd38 said:

I've already arranged for no rain at that time.
AggieBarstool
redd38 said:

AggieBarstool said:

redd38 said:

I've already arranged for no rain at that time.
So it would seem!
redd38
AG
TCU keeper is on the Hermann watch list, should be fun to watch our Hermann watch list player battle theirs.
Rambotx
Is the game delayed due to weather? Can't find on the radio.
Tamuag04
AG
102.7 fm
"No Fi, Chuck Finley is forever..."
redd38
AG
GOOOOOAL Watt
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.