***** Official 2018 World Cup Group C Thread *****

7,382 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by deadbq03
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Denmark could still win the group with a win, so it might make them more aggressive to go ahead and go for it without worrying about being eliminated and therefore make this even more open in the second half actually.
nomad2007
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why the hate on Costa Rica?
I don't hate them. I'm just bitter that we were so awful against them in qualifying.

But we were awful against everyone.
titanmaster_race
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why the hate on Costa Rica?

nomad2007
AG
Cornelius for Denmark is being a little dramatic today
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bye Australia
gambochaman
AG
glad the fans are booing this 0-0 crap tie where they are not even trying
TshirtVulture
So is anybody watching the Australia game right now or seen any of their games?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Games where a tie is mutually beneficial are usually that way. Sucks.
TshirtVulture
Ok. Now another question. Yesterday they said "any contact" with players face should result in red card and renaldo was " lucky" he only got a yellow but that Dane just took a pretty solid elbow on face a no word of cards????
gougler08
AG
I've only been glancing at it from time to time, but I don't think I've seen a shot on target yet this half
JJxvi
AG
This game is not really mutually beneficial anymore. Australia is all but eliminated. Whoever wins this now wins the group and a loser is not eliminated.
JJxvi
AG
TshirtVulture said:

Ok. Now another question. Yesterday they said "any contact" with players face should result in red card and renaldo was " lucky" he only got a yellow but that Dane just took a pretty solid elbow on face a no word of cards????
Dont listen to "them" they frequently dont know what they are talking about. In all sports pretty much.
young eugene
AG
I watched both their games so far. They've looked good on defense but their attack has been pretty ineffective. They just don't have great attacking players.

Peru scored a great 1st goal off of a volley. 2nd goal was more due to luck/ Australia lazy defense.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The players don't know that though. Denmark just needs the point to get in above Australia, as far as they know.
gambochaman
AG
live look at France - Denmark

gambochaman
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The players don't know that though. Denmark just needs the point to get in above Australia, as far as they know.
you really believe that? bruh...this is 2018
TshirtVulture
Back to the Aussie question.... wondering if they as a team are guilty of taking a lot of flops? Australian rules football is my absolute favorite sport and some days they make hockey look soft! My point being that Australians are some tough folks (I mean c'mon, the fight crocs!) I would be surprised if they were a team that took a lot of dives.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are they wearing earpieces?
gambochaman
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Are they wearing earpieces?
all it takes is someone to communicate with the bench and then the bench to relay the message to the players to dial it back
JJxvi
AG
The bench knows. Are you suggesting that once the players are out on the field the coaches have no way of make tactical changes or telling their players how to play? Thats critical even if there is no other game going on.
gambochaman
AG
JJxvi said:

The bench knows. Are you suggesting that once the players are out on the field the coaches have no way of make tactical changes or telling their players how to play? Thats critical even if there is no other game going on.
exactly...there is 0% chance that they dont know
JJxvi
AG
Denmark is really who is setting the tone for this final part, if they are fine with 2nd place thats what they are gonna get.
gambochaman
AG
gougler08
AG
I feel like they would want to try and avoid Croatia, but who knows I guess
JJxvi
AG
Delaney must be creaking like an old man after this based on his reactions.
gambochaman
AG
based on that, i hope both of these teams lose in the next round
deadbq03
AG
gougler08 said:

I feel like they would want to try and avoid Croatia, but who knows I guess
Maybe the fact that the #2 might be Argentina is enough of a risk to make it really not matter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.