***US MNT 2018***

39,688 Views | 597 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mathguy64
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
akm91 said:

Think Adams has played right back and right wing back but not left back. I believe his strong foot is his right foot which makes playing left back a bit unorthodox. Not saying it can't be done (see FabJo @ WC2014), but it's unusual.
Playing inverted is actually pretty common these days, especially for wingers but more and more for fullbacks as well.

Inverted wingers are slowly becoming the norm in modern football

akm91
AG
Yes, you see more inverted wingers now days but can't think of too many inverted full backs in the WC. I admit I didn't watch all the matches.
Rudyjax
AG
He has played both sides.

His may sound crazy, but I know a 13 year old that I think will be our left back in 26.

PatAg
AG
http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/newcomers-soto-acosta-maloney-gloster-and-booth-highlight-new-u-20-roster

Interesting article.
jeffk
AG
Hmm... Juan Carlos Osorio turned down a contract from El Tri.
akm91
AG
jeffk said:

Hardly a surprise given all that's gone on with El Tri. Will be intersting to see if he gets the Colombia gig.
jeffk
AG
Interesting that they offered him one and he declined. Would have thought they would have cut ties if there was even a chance he'd say no.
Rudyjax
AG
OregonAggie
AG
akm91 said:

jeffk said:

Hardly a surprise given all that's gone on with El Tri. Will be intersting to see if he gets the Colombia gig.

My guess is that this is his landing spot. Logical replacement for Peckerman and who wouldn't want to take over coaching your own national team? Great coach
Rudyjax
AG
https://en.onefootball.com/bayern-munich-fly-in-young-american-talents-for-secret-trial/

Quote:

According to Bild, FC Bayern has had Sporting Kansas City's Cameron Duke and LA Galaxy's Ulysses Llanez flown to Munich for what has been described as a 'secret trial.'

Duke, a defender/midfielder in Sporting Kansas City's academy, was a top player in the U-16/17 US Soccer Development Academy Central Division.

Early last week, Bayern announced the signing of 18-year-old FC Dallas centre-back Chris Richards on a six-month loan.
wangus12
AG
Pulisic has scored twice against Liverpool today
Rudyjax
AG
What minute does he come in?
wangus12
AG
I think at half time
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

I think at half time

Thanks. I fast forwarded it ok he went in.
AustinScubaAg
AG
He was not super involved until the end but did have good shift. The second goal was nice.
Rudyjax
AG
I've been watching the ICC futures. All 04s and some 05s.

Seattle and Red Bull's held their own against BM and Chelsea.
akm91
AG
Ugh, the forwards keep getting injured. Johannson is hurt again and Woods missed a preseason game due to back issues.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

Ugh, the forwards keep getting injured. Johannson is hurt again and Woods missed a preseason game due to back issues.

It's ok. Sargent and Nokavich are the future.
wangus12
AG
And Weah
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

And Weah

True. I was thinking of players that play up top though. In that case, Pulisic has done more than Wood and Johansson already at 19.
wangus12
AG
Kellyn Acosta was just traded by FC Dallas to Colorado. Hopefully he can get a contract on a team overseas soon
Rudyjax
AG
He is the greatest.

Rudyjax
AG
Call me crazy, but I think we medal at the next olympics.
Rudyjax
AG
Of course, the qualifying is at Costa RICO so who knows what corrupt bs could go on.

But I still like our chances.
Out in Left Field
AG
We saw this happen. Crazy.

Props to him for doing that...but in the back of my mind all I could think was how this will just encourage more dip**** kids to do the same thing.
AgGrad99
AG
That video was awesome.

But yeah...a few more kids are going to try this now.

gig them
AG
Unthought Known said:

I agree. It's the next chapter of our Behind The Music episode.

We just missed the World Cup and faded to commercial. Now the optimistic music kicks in.
Rudyjax
AG
gig them said:

Unthought Known said:

We just missed the World Cup and faded to commercial. Now the optimistic music kicks in.

Serious question. Have you seen this many quality U23 Americans at the same time?
JJxvi
AG
Transfer "news" today has Real Madrid making an enquiry to Dortmund on their price for Pulisic.
fig96
AG
JJxvi said:

Transfer "news" today has Real Madrid making an enquiry to Dortmund on their price for Pulisic.
Do not want.

Yes, the pub would be great, but I want Pulisic getting lots of minutes somewhere and not riding the bench.
Rudyjax
AG
JJxvi said:

Bale struggled there and he was a hell of a lot more accomplished than Pulisic.

Hope it's a no.
gig them
AG
Unthought Known said:

gig them said:

Unthought Known said:

Serious question. Have you seen this many quality U23 Americans at the same time?

Rudyjax
AG
The U17s and U20s both made the quarterfinals in the WC. The only other country to do that was England.

AgGrad99
AG
I'd lean towards 'no' because even with our set-back on the national stage this past year, our talent pool seems to be steadily growing each year.

But it's cyclical. I'd be curious to compare when Donovan/Beasley were coming up, and then when Demps was coming up.

It's probably much better now, but I'd be curious.
akm91
AG
Unthought Known said:

JJxvi said:

Bale struggled there and he was a hell of a lot more accomplished than Pulisic.

Hope it's a no.
Bale struggled because of:
1. Ronaldo
2. Injuries
3. Zidane

I think with the new coach and without Ronaldo there, it would be different environment. Despite all that, I agree with you that Pulisic is better off staying at Dortmund and get consistent minutes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.