#9 in the RPI

1,527 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redd38
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mikaela's clutch goal Friday boosted us to #9 in the RPI. Our remaining opponents are LSU 41, Vandy 58 and MSU 48 in this weeks rankings. Our win over Pepperdine was huge as they are #11. Great work by the team to put themselves in position for a 2 seed. We are #15 this week in Top Drawer Soccer.
Top Drawer Soccer also put out their mid season Top 100 players. In the Upperclassmen Top 100, Haley was 30, Ally was 41 and Mikaela was 66. In the Freshman Top 100, Addie was #12. Congratulations to all, and Stephanie continues to be unappreciated by everyone except our fans and her coaches and teammates.
CDub06
AG
Texas lost to Kansas on Friday. That's a nice little RPI boost and officially bumped us above the Longhorns in the rankings.

Aggies fearing being shipped off to Austin for the 2nd round, fear not. We're on the verge of having Texas shipped to CS instead. For now anyway...
redd38
AG
Sucks that we're going to fire G after this year, according to MookieBlaylock.
Expert Analysis
AG
win the next 3 and we are a 2 seed. All winnable games, especially if we get some players back.
HiddenAg2
A&M needs to win out and win a couple of SEC tourney games to get the #2 seed. That would be a nice accomplishment for this team given all the injuries.

TDS current players lists are pretty bad for the most part. Most coaches would have Malherbe among the top 50 players in the nation just based on her work rate and IQ on the pitch. Harvey at #66 is laughable. She's easily one of the top 25 players in the nation and every coach in the country would agree with it.
FalconRT90
Miss Lopez Fresh #30!
Aston94
AG
Not sure how you could watch any of our games and not hyave Mikaela as our top ranked player. She is clearly the engine of our bus.
jeffk
AG
redd38 said:

Sucks that we're going to fire G after this year, according to MookieBlaylock.

It's too bad. Has anyone told G that his fate is sealed yet?
biobioprof
Aston94 said:

Not sure how you could watch any of our games and not hyave Mikaela as our top ranked player. She is clearly the engine of our bus.
As much as I've loved watching Harvey's career at A&M, I thought she started slowly this season and that may hurt her in the overall player rankings. The goal against Ole Miss was fantastic, but if you had asked at the start of the year how many goals and assists she'd have with 3 regular season games to go, I suspect most would have said more than 3 and 1.

Just by my inexpert eyeball test, it also seems like the opposition focuses more and more on taking Miki away and that can lead her to press too much. Or maybe the rest of the team is watching for her to make a patented 1-3 penetration move instead of making quality runs themselves to receive a pass.

I'm hoping the Ole Miss game winner is a breakout for a end of year run of greatness for Harvey.
Aston94
AG
Her goals and assists have been down this year for sure, and I agree she did start the year a bit slow. But saying she is having a bad year because of lack of goals or assists isn't really indicative of her play. She is controlling the midfield for us, and pushing the offensde forward. Assists are a weird category, not sure how accurate they are reflected in soccer.

My point is she has been our key player, in my opinion, this season.
Expert Analysis
AG
I find it a little tough to point to a single key player on our team. We had a chance to be really good offensively, but it has not materialized. Partly due to our frequent inability to finish, and partly due to our midfields inability to score.
I think we are a well balanced team that plays hard, but lacks individual stars. Harvey and Malherby do a great job in the midfield, but both need to look to score more, especially now with Pounds out for good and Bates return uncertain.
mullokmotx
AG
My apologies to Jimena for not looking at the rest of the Top 100 Freshman list. I wonder if we keep tabs on which of our players is fouled the most. I think since she had to sit out that MIkaela has been on a mission and you can see it in the way she runs sideline to sideline.
MidTnAg
AG
Expert Analysis said:

Win the next 3 and we are a 2 seed. All winnable games, especially if we get some players back.
We need to win our last three games (Vandy has a good team and may be tough to beat) and for South Carolina to lose one (e.g., @Florida in last regular season game on 1/26).

Then we would be Co-Champions which would be an incredible regular season considering all the injuries we have had.
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Soccer America - #11
https://www.socceramerica.com/publications/article/75333/soccer-america-womens-college-top-25.html

Massey Ratings - #12
https://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=csocw&sub=NCAA%20I

United Soccer Coaches - #14
http://unitedsoccercoaches.org/web/Rankings/College_Rankings/NCAA_DI_WOMEN/web/rankings/ncaa/di_women.aspx

Top Drawer Soccer - #15
https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/women
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Remember Soccer Buzz? They had a poll. Whatever happened to that outfit?

Soccer Times is still around, but they no longer have a poll.
http://www.soccertimes.com/ncaa/top25/women.htm
redd38
AG
5 polls seems like overkill for women's college soccer. Especially since RPI is the only thing that matters, and ranks every team (not just 25), and does so without human bias (although it does still have it's own issues).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.