What would you do to improve the MLS?

3,372 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheMasterplan
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watching a Sounders game a few weeks ago, one of the commentators mentioned that Morris is much weaker on his left foot. If true, a move to Germany might have ended in flameout. In the MLS, he can still make a starting 11 and get by without a strong skill set on his left foot.
TXAggie2011
AG
English rugby is currently debating an unintended consequence of promotion/relegation:

Many argue they've seen investment and opportunity move away academies and younger domestic players so that owners can cover the costs of bringing in foreign veterans to ensure their place in the top-flight or to try to make a run at promotion.

Just throwing that out there for those pondering MLS in the context of the overall quality of soccer in this nation.
TheMasterplan
PatAg said:

TheMasterplan said:

Anybody see this from Jermaine Jones?

https://sports.yahoo.com/jermaine-jones-takes-instagram-live-criticizes-american-players-content-mls-035839179.html

If true, this is just sad.

Quote:

The one specific story Jones tells is the best part. He says Klinsmann asked him to call Jordan Morris, who was deciding between going to Germany to play with Werder Bremen and staying at home with the Seattle Sounders. Jones says he called Morris and encouraged him to go to the Bundesliga. But he says that Morris told him, "I want to go home, my dad is a doctor in Seattle, and my mom, they bought me and my girlfriend a dog." Jones looks into the camera dumbfounded at this point. "Really? Why you go the easy way when you have the chance?"

It's not sad. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be near family.

I would suggest that a player that makes a decision like that better back it up with personal skill/development or they shouldnt be involved in meaningful games for the national team though.
It's sad because it's an indictment on some of the attitudes that american players have. There's nothing wrong with his decision but it's clear that he lacked the drive to be the best.

Sure his left foot sucked but maybe he forces himself to get a left foot to get playing time at Werder Bremen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.