***** Official USMNT v Honduras WCQ Thread *****

8,152 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aston94
10Aggie10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MATCHDAY #8
Time: 4:40 PM CST
Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Location: Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano; San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Television: beIN Sports, NBC Universo

Bring the HATE!!
Gordo14
Anything less than a point is unacceptable.
titanmaster_race
Bein sports
AggieWonWon
I think they do a good job.
Mathguy64
AG
BeIN Sports, formerly known as Al Jazeera Sports, is run by Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who oh by the way is the Qatari who owns PSG.
boogieman
AG
4:40? Guess I have to leave work early today!
titanmaster_race
AggieWonWon said:

A good job.....of being hard to watch in America?
Mathguy64
AG
AggieWonWon said:

Hey. One of their 3 viewers in the US has chimed in.
Skitch05
AG
Was BeIN the one that let you watch for free through their app not too long ago?
AggieWonWon
People who complain about Bein are generally the ones who don't ' have the channel usually because they cant afford it. Its a great channel if you love the beautiful the game.

HTH
AGC
AG
mathguy86 said:

BeIN Sports, formerly known as Al Jazeera Sports, is run by Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who oh by the way is the Qatari who owns PSG.

Does he have a single holding that makes money?
Gordo14
You can stream it with the go90 cell phone app
Mathguy64
AG
AGC said:

mathguy86 said:

One of the perks of being a relative in a family monarchy. Those little details about making money are no longer important.

Hmm. Maybe the Glaser's will sell Man United to Prince Harry.
Skitch05
AG
Thanks!
Phat32
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
BEIN 1 week FREE or sign up Sling ala carte ( BEIN ) for $10 / month ! Barsa, Real, Neymar and PSG, Italian .

Plus Cricket !

Probably can cancel any time .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
AGC
AG
mathguy86 said:

AGC said:

mathguy86 said:

One of the perks of being a relative in a family monarchy. Those little details about making money are no longer important.

Hmm. Maybe the Glaser's will sell Man United to Prince Harry.

You can't lose money forever, especially with down oil prices.

He needs to get into the brothel business like the saudis. Lots of money to be made from some TexAgs users.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Lose money! They just paid over 200 million for Neymar !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Aston94
AG
Take your Bein sports talk elsewhere!!!!!!

It's freaking Gameday!

We need to focus on going down to Honduras, stepping on the throat of Los Catrachos early, ripping out their heart and eating it right in front of them!!!!!! We need to destroy the spirit of the pesky Hondurans early! We beat this team 6-0 at home just a few months ago, so let's go down there, act like the bully we are, and destroy them!!!!!!!
OregonAggie
AG
Summumabisch

I got PS Vue a few months ago because they had BeIn and I just saw they cancelled it right after!

Guess I'm going to the bar
jeffk
AG
AggieWonWon said:

People who complain about Bein are generally the ones who don't ' have the channel usually because they cant afford it. Its a great channel if you love the beautiful the game.

HTH

Why do you hate poor people?
PatAg
AG
I anticipate a dominating US Victory
wangus12
AG
My emotional well-being is very fragile after this past weekend. Could certainly use a great performance.
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

My emotional well-being is very fragile after this past weekend. Could certainly use a great performance.

That certainly factors into my prediction as well. Don't think I could handle a loss

I also don't think we played as poorly as we were all reacting with out but after the game. Bobby Warshaw actually has a pretty good article he wrote about some positives in the game. I don't think Honduras is as structured defensively..the field is going to be in poor condition though, I assume
Aston94
AG
Starting XI named:

Guzan

Beasley-Gonzalez-Besler-Zusi

Nagbe-Bradley-Acosta-Pulisic

Dempsey-Morris

So our one defender who started both games this go around is Zusi, so....Do not like Guzan in goal, thought his performance in the Gold Cup should have been his last in a USMNT jersey.

Not sure about Dempsey starting in the afternoon heat, but I do like when he and Morris are paired together.

Arena definitely isn't afraid to open himself up to criticism.

wangus12
AG
gig them
AG
Quote:

Making his first away World Cup Qualifying start, today's match also marks the first time Jordan Morris and Seattle Sounders FC teammate Clint Dempsey have started the same match.

Big moment, big opportunity for Morris. I think he'll be up to the task.
snowdog90
Really not sure why Besler doesn't always start. Love that guy. Hope I didn't just jinx him.
jeffk
AG
I had thought we'd probably see a 4-5-1.
Aston94
AG
I think we are going for 3 points with this lineup. 4 very attack minded players (Dempsey, Morris, Nagbe and Pulisic) tells me Arena thinks we can score on Honduras and put them on the back foot.

Hope he's right.
Mathguy64
AG
Last match Pulisic got beat up. He must have been fouled badly 10 times. Clips from behind, in the ankle, in the Achilles. CONCACAF isn't going to stop that. It's just how these teams want to play and how the refs let them play. They rush refs, they ***** and intimidate. It's time someone on this team be an enforcer. When, not if but when Pulisic gets that first nasty challenge with no penalty someone needs to take out the first Honduran that touches the next live ball. Then walk right up to the ref and say "if you did your job I wouldn't have to" and take one for the team. I honesty don't care if They play a man down. Just show your teammate that you are going to protect him.
PatAg
AG
we all just watching NBC universo spanish language, or did anyone find a english stream?
Unemployed
AG
http://grandma.press/7.html
jeffk
AG
Morris looks fatter. Maybe it's all the cameras.
PatAg
AG
at least the ref warned them on the first foul

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.