Neymar to PSG?

6,809 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gambochaman
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chjoak said:

gig them said:

Gotcha, thanks. Odd, but less shady than I originally figured.
Actually I would say that is pretty damned shady. He is being paid in excess of 200m euros to be the ambassador for a WC in a country that obtained the bid using bribes and is using slave labor to build the necessary stadiums for the tourney. In addition, the people that are paying him this ridiculous amount of money also happen to own the club team he wishes to join. A team that is also gonna make him one of the highest paid players in the world.
so much this

for the record, I'm not bitter at all that he got poached away...I understand thats the world of soccer and how things happen nowadays...

I just get boiled over on anything to do with Qatar and their stupid corrupt world cup. and anyone that willingly associates themselves with it, automatically gets put on my s*/t list
Gigem Trevas

Saved for future notice.
Mike Elko
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Saved for future notice.
Translation: We way overpaid for Neymar. We sure as **** aren't touching Mbappe."

*Note: I weren't no French major.
Gigem Trevas
Technically they didn't spend any on Neymar's transfer through club finances. His salary and what not of course is paid by the club though.
AGC
AG
Spanish media reported Mbappe going there a few days ago too. Can't remember if it was $160MM or what. They've spent a lot of money.

I hope Neymar is the next Ronaldinho / Guti who likes to party more than train. I have no ill will towards Mbappe but if he had a career like Balotelli's I wouldn't be unhappy, mostly because I'd love to see PSG have squandered $400MM.

I believe RM is trying late to get in on Dembele, but hopefully just driving up the price more than anything else. What a crazy summer. Can't believe teenagers cost so much.
Gigem Trevas
AGC said:

Spanish media reported Mbappe going there a few days ago too. Can't remember if it was $160MM or what. They've spent a lot of money.

I hope Neymar is the next Ronaldinho / Guti who likes to party more than train. I have no ill will towards Mbappe but if he had a career like Balotelli's I wouldn't be unhappy, mostly because I'd love to see PSG have squandered $400MM.

I believe RM is trying late to get in on Dembele, but hopefully just driving up the price more than anything else. What a crazy summer. Can't believe teenagers cost so much.

AGC
AG
Good twitter feed to follow, thanks. He makes a good point that you don't want to destabilize the locker room with new kid making more than your captain.

He also told another guy to stop posting anonymously and grow some balls.
Gigem Trevas
I nominate this is the official PSG transfer news thread until the end of the season.
Skitch05
AG
In related news, Isco just signed a new contract with a 700M Euro release clause. I think La Liga needs to revisit their stance on requiring a release clause. Does any other league have that rule? Is it a Spain thing?
Gigem Trevas
Skitch05 said:

In related news, Isco just signed a new contract with a 700M Euro release clause. I think La Liga needs to revisit their stance on requiring a release clause. Does any other league have that rule? Is it a Spain thing?

Required by Spanish law.
AGC
AG
Skitch05 said:

From AS:

Isco ya ha firmado su nuevo contrato con el Real Madrid, segun ha confirmado con total certeza a este periodico una fuente del club de maxima fiabilidad. El malagueno ha renovado por cuatro temporadas, con opcion a una quinta campana, a razon de seis millones anuales. En el mismo documento ha rubricado una clausula de rescision astronomica: 700 millones de euros. La politica del Real Madrid es blindar a sus estrellas con clausulas disuasorias para evitar lo que le ha pasado al Barca con Neymar. "No hay ningun jugador de la primera plantilla del Madrid con menos de 500 millones de clausula, y en el Castilla ya hay jugadores con clausulas de rescision que ascienden a 300 millones", explico la misma fuente.

This is how you combat qatar. We don't want to be embarrassed like Barca just was, and everyone on the first team is 500M+, with Castilla having some players with 300M+ clauses. We'll do business as usual but if you want to just back up a truck for one of our critical players it's going to cost you an entire team to do it. This is a great idea, an unspoken FFP between teams.
Gigem Trevas
I don't know how Barca only had Neymar at 220MM for his release clause. That's insanely low for his talent and potential. I think Barcelona was arrogant thinking there's no way he will want to leave or anyone will pony up for him.
AGC
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

I don't know how Barca only had Neymar at 220MM for his release clause. That's insanely low for his talent and potential. I think Barcelona was arrogant thinking there's no way he will want to leave or anyone will pony up for him.

Or perhaps they thought FFP would fend off suitors since not many clubs are big enough or close enough to them to pay that. Did anyone think a sovereign would pull something like that for a sports team? It's a terrible investment.
chjoak
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Considering the record transfer prior to this window was 105m euro (Pogba), If I were Barca, I would have never expected someone to be willing to more than double that just 1 year later. Hell, at the beginning of this thread no one thought there was any way that PSG was really gonna pony of 220m to get him.
Mathguy64
AG
chjoak said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Considering the record transfer prior to this window was 105m euro (Pogba), If I were Barca, I would have never expected someone to be willing to more than double that just 1 year later. Hell, at the beginning of this thread no one thought there was any way that PSG was really gonna pony of 220m to get him.
In the end they were right. PSG didn't pony it up. Qatar did. And in the end IMHO that's what's really makes a mockery of this. UEFA/FIFA needs to step in at this point and do something at this point. Not retroactively but going forward. The need to close this loophole fast and make it clear that the team is the one that has to pony the cash up and that cash has to be on their books for the purposes of FFP. Otherwise it's going to happen again.

Wait. Did I just suggest FIFA stand up and take a stand against monetary shenanigans? Never mind. Back to my coffee.
aarjon
Blaise Matuidi to leave Paris Saint Germain for Juventus.
AGC
AG
aarjon said:

Blaise Matuidi to leave Paris Saint Germain for Juventus.

Hopefully on the cheap, knowing PSG need to unload for FFP reasons.
chjoak
AG
approx 18m GBP. supposedly Draxler has been told he can leave too.
Gigem Trevas
Jason_Ag98
Mathguy64
AG
The Qataris are well on their way to destroying what little semblance of financial intelligence was left in soccer. And by destroying it, I mean they have lobbed nukes into the system. The playing field was never level, but no one is equipped to deal with a team that has the backing of a sovereign nation.
Gigem Trevas
I agree but them loaning with a future obligation to buy is a standard practice in Italy and Germany to help deal with the FFP by amortizing the players.
Old School Rucking
AG
Can someone please remind me what FFP was supposed to accomplish again?
gig them
AG
The appearance of fixing something, without actually fixing it.
Old School Rucking
AG
gig them said:

The appearance of fixing something, without actually fixing it.

They certainly accomplished the last part.
Gigem Trevas
Honestly I think FFP needs to go. Everyone knows it's a joke and the teams make a mockery of it. If a team wants to buy everyone up and pay ludicrous wages go for it but don't complain when that team goes under.
Gigem Trevas
Gigem Trevas said:

Saved for future notice.

Bump. Still waiting for an announcement today.
Gigem Trevas
And official.
https://www.psg.fr/pro/article/kylian-mbappe-au-paris-saint-germain
aarjon
Just seen a FIFA 18 trailer and it looks like Alex Hunter could be joining PSG as well
AGC
AG
Kangaroo court about to begin

Mathguy64
AG
Saw this on ESPN FC and I cannot stop laughing.

'La Liga president Javier Tebas has continued his attack on Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City for what he called "financial doping," saying Neymar and PSG were "peeing" in the "swimming pool" by completing a world-record 222 million move from Barcelona.

Speaking in Manchester at the Soccerex conference, Tebas suggested that PSG had mocked UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) regulations by completing that deal and the loan of Kylian Mbappe from Monaco, which is set to become a 180m deal next summer.

Tebas said: "PSG are laughing at FFP, aren't they? What we have done is caught them peeing in the bed, or the swimming pool. Neymar's gone on the diving board and now he's peed. We cannot accept this." '

gambochaman
AG
thats quite the analogy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.