Neymar to PSG?

6,841 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gambochaman
RA_2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry, clear rumor.

On a side note, Barca has a lotta to spend.

Griezmann, Dembele, Mbappe, Coutinho himself???
titanmaster_race
That transfer fee for neymar is stupid. There's no way a single player is legitimately worth that much.
wangus12
AG
Its ridiculous and it will only get worse. Less than 10 years ago, 40m was almost out of the question except for the top 10 players in the world. Now 40m is basically required for someone in the starting 11 at a CL level club. Neymar isn't worth 200+. Mbappe isn't worth 100+. and it continues down the line. Now teams put these ludicrous exit fee clauses in contracts are that are unrealistic which doesn't help either.

Once the Neymar transfer happens, the new baseline for the best players is now 200m+. Starting 11 players will also rise because of this. The monetary increase will trickle down the line so clubs can make the money required to bring the best players in. Ticket prices go up. Concessions go up. Merchandise goes up. And so on.
Mike Elko
AG
Enjoy Paris, bud. I'm not a Barca fan, but what an idiot to leave that prestigious club, especially playing alongside Messi and "The Biter." In less than a year, he'll regret this decision.
tremble
AG
Really? Getting paid 30 million a year to be the top talisman of a national brand team sounds pretty ****ing good to me. And he gets to live in Paris too? Where do I sign up?
akm91
AG
That's after tax, $30M.
Mike Elko
AG
Meh, I guess my mindset's different than his and yours. He's all about himself, which will result in zero CL trophies... Only thing that truly great players care about club-wise. Congrats on the money grab.
Skitch05
AG
So I'm assuming PSG/Qatar will be paying him north of $50M per year pre tax on a 5 year contract. Couple that with the release clause and its over $100M per year? Wow.
gig them
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Meh, I guess my mindset's different than his and yours. He's all about himself, which will result in zero CL trophies... Only thing that truly great players care about club-wise. Congrats on the money grab.

Oh come on. Have you seen Messi's wage bill?

Save me the pearl clutching.
akm91
AG
From a financial perspective it's a no brainer.
* $30M after tax, more than $500K a week!
* $40M to his dad allegedly

From a club perspective its more of even split
* Not as glamorous as Barcelona by far
* League step down (or 2) compared to La Liga
* Will win hardware in French League
* Will compete in Champions League annually

Hard to walk away from the $$$$'s
wangus12
AG
So La Liga has stepped in and blocked the sell of Neymar.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/03/psg-neymar-buy-out-rejected-la-liga-barcelona

PSG agreed to pay in full and the league simply refuses to cash it.
akm91
AG
Skitch05
AG
It sounds like Neymar is getting paid 300M from the state of Qatar to be a spokesman for the World Cup, and Neymar is paying his own release clause with it? So that means the money won't even be on PSG's books and FFP won't come into play? That could just be fake news, but if true that seems super shady and sets a very bad precedent for the future.
akm91
AG
It's utter hypocrisy by La Liga given the terms of Neymar's initial contract with Barcelona.

Quote:

After receiving permission from Neymar's family to speak in public, Barcelona called a press conference. Interim president Josep Bartomeu said the transfer was costing the club 57.1m the 17.1m Santos transfer fee plus Neymar's 40m although there were a series of bonus payments worth millions more to the player and his family. Neymar would receive 500,000 per year to be a so-called ambassador for Barcelona in Brazil and his father would receive 400,000 per year to scout three young Santos players. All the payments were on top of Neymar's annual salary of more than 10m. "We can't be any more transparent," Bartomeu told reporters.

Public prosecutor Jose Perals accused Barcelona of financial engineering by drawing up as many as nine separate agreements to avoid the club paying 12m in tax. Barcelona should have withheld 25% of all payments to Neymar as income tax on non-residents, he said. Five days later, Barcelona paid 14m to the tax authorities to cover a possible shortfall plus interest.

Neymar's initial contract with Barcelona
titanmaster_race
Maybe his plan is to use the money he gets from Qatar to free all of the slaves that Qatar is using to build the infrastructure for the world cup?

Nah, he'll probably keep it all and say a few hail Mary's to cleanse his conscience.
Mathguy64
AG
Why in the world is the buyout check written to the league? And if they refuse to cash it, PSG can just say that's not their problem. They paid it. If the league or club is too stupid to cash it that's not PSGs problem.
gambochaman
AG
I cannot unamuse face this enough
AGC
AG
Hala Madrid y nada mas!
datrixstunna
AG
AGC said:

Hala Madrid y nada mas!
All this is going to fuel Messi to kick all kinds of ass this year. They are essentially unleashing a monster.
akm91
AG
Won't matter if they don't shore up their defense and find Iniesta's replacement. Messi's unreal but he can't shoulder the load for every game for the entire season. They lost La Liga last year because they lost/tied with the lesser teams, with MSN.
Mathguy64
AG
ESPNFC is reporting this as Neymar's representatives brought the buyout check to La Liga. Not PSG.

I'm going popcorn emoji. This is about to get ugly.
AGC
AG
mathguy86 said:

ESPNFC is reporting this as Neymar's representatives brought the buyout check to La Liga. Not PSG.

I'm going popcorn emoji. This is about to get ugly.

French league has weighed in support PSG and Neymar per Spanish press.
Jason_Ag98
AG
That's how it works in La Liga:

Quote:

In Spain a player must buy himself out of his contract.
This is done by depositing the amount of the buyout clause with La Liga - Spain's equivalent of the Premier League - to release the player from his contract. The league then passes the money to the selling club.
"We can confirm that the lawyers of the player have come to La Liga to deposit the clause and that it has been rejected," La Liga told BBC Spo
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40814854
Skitch05
AG
If the player pays the buyout clause and not the buying club, that means the buying club has to first pay the player the money? Is that transfer taxed, meaning that a 200M transfer fee magically becomes 300M with the Spanish government getting the extra 100M? Or am I off base here?
Olsen
AG
byfLuger41
AG
Holy Ch*t
jeffk
AG
Footballers don't pay taxes in Europe from what I gather.
Skitch05
AG
They seem to try and hide what they can, but I don't think this will slide under the radar. I don't see how Qatar paying Neymar hundreds of millions for being an 'ambassador' is any different than what Ronaldo/Messi are being taken to court over.
Skitch05
AG
Nevermind, just read that there was a recent tax change that will allow PSG/Qatar/Neymar from paying taxes on the buyout. Something about the money being classified as capital gains instead of income now, and since he will be paying it to Barca the loss will offset the gain.
Gigem Trevas
gambochaman said:

I cannot unamuse face this enough

I can't stop smiling.
byfLuger41
AG
So whats the pay difference in CR7, Mess and NeyJr?
Mike Elko
AG
Messi's arguably the greatest to ever play... Neymar's far from that. We'll see how well he does without two prolific running mates.
aarjon
Ici c'est Paris!
datrixstunna
AG
Looks like i is officially official!
Olsen
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.