*****OFFICIAL USMNT V. T&T GAME THREAD*****

4,905 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Seven Costanza
gig them
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree with this... but the unfortunate problem is that we can't survive against quality opposition with two out-and-out strikers on the field.

Yesterday, I would have loved them starting together. This Sunday, we need Jozy holding off defenders and linking play while the other nine guys defend for their lives.
Mathguy64
AG
Not sure I agree. I think Landon (or maybe it was Stu) last night said they would go at Mexico. I think that's what I would do. Go at them in attack mode. Press them high and make them defend. They don't like defending and can't take that pressure. Do we have a squad to do that? Probably not. But that's still what I would do.
jeffk
AG
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2713937-the-christian-pulisic-blueprint

Pretty cool article on some of the things that helped Pulisic develop into the player he is. He's definitely special, but some of the things that helped his development are replicatable - futsal, time spent cross training, free play time, etc.

I'm excited to see what his new manager can do with him at Dortmund next season too. I was worried when the former guy left, but this guy from Ajax seems to be a good fit for young attacking talent too.
jeffk
AG
I'm torn on the Azteca game plan. Part of me wants to run at them, play a high line and make them defend, but the other part of me knows how much taking a point from the game would help our case.
CoolAggie
AG
The Mexican back line can sometimes be as shaky as the U.S. back line. We have zero expectations of our boys getting out of there with even a point, so **** it, attack, attack, and attack some more.
gig them
AG
Y'all have convinced me. **** it. Let's attack 'em.
JoeOlson
AG
I honestly think we have nothing to lose and we're not going to be able to handle the constant Mexican pressure if they are dominating possession and just constantly putting balls in the box. What worries me is that we definitely showed some vulnerabilities against T&T with our back line
birdman
Easiest way to earn a tie at Azteca?

Get the first goal and hang on like hell.

Start the game at redline speed and aggressive.
MB19
AG
birdman said:

Easiest way to earn a tie at Azteca?

Get the first goal and hang on like hell.

Start the game at redline speed and aggressive.
We've tried that before. However if we close up shop and the longer it stays 0-0 the more frustrated their crowd will become and they will show it.
PatAg
AG
Are we worried about how mediocre Fabian has looked?

I'm not sure if it's just a matter of him figuring out how to play with Pulisic, or in midfield for us in general..
ja86
AG
I'm hoping he is just figuring out his new role in the mf.
PatAg
AG
Seven Costanza
AG
PatAg said:

I'm not sure if it's just a matter of him figuring out how to play with Pulisic, or in midfield for us in general..
How accurate/inaccurate is this list? I know very little about soccer, but try to keep up with the USMNT.

http://americansoccernow.com/asn-100/ASN-100-Feb-2017
PatAg
AG
Seven Costanza said:

PatAg said:

How accurate/inaccurate is this list? I know very little about soccer, but try to keep up with the USMNT.

http://americansoccernow.com/asn-100/ASN-100-Feb-2017
It was on Feb 25th. Overall it was pretty accurate at the time. There isn't too much fluctuation, but Fabian had been dealing with injuries the past few months is my understanding, though I dont follow the Bundesliga(German league) as closely as I used to.

I just say worried, because we are needing him to play up to his potential.

Also, that site puts out a lot of good content.
Seven Costanza
AG
Thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.