***** Official USMNT vs Los Canaleros WCQ Match Thread *****

8,371 Views | 210 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PatAg
10Aggie10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Venue: Estadio Rommel Fernandez; Panama City, Panama

TV: beIN Sports, Telemundo

Time: 9:05 PM CST
JoeOlson
AG
Ugh, a 10:05pm ET kick off is ridiculous.
Gordo14
gig them
AG
Every time I see the Panama squad, I get agitated that we literally kept Mexico's WC hopes alive in 2014.

I wish we would have thrown a weakened squad at that game, as I believe we had already qualified.
tcow715
AG
Do y'all see any changes to the lineup going into this game? Or keep rolling with what worked last game?
akm91
AG
tcow715 said:

Do y'all see any changes to the lineup going into this game? Or keep rolling with what worked last game?
Arena's hinted at more than injury dictated changes.

Quote:

"We won't have a lot of changes but we must have a couple at a minimum with the loss of Lletget and Brooks," Arena said at a news conference. "There will be some changes, perhaps as many as four or five, but we'll see after training today before we finalize our team."
USMNT Line Up Changes
gig them
AG
Quote:

Or keep rolling with what worked last game?

We should do the win 6-0 thing again imo
byfLuger41
LeonardSkinner
Arena: We won't have a lot of changes, but we might end up switching around about half of the team.
ja86
Basketball and Chain
AG
aggie kid said:

Arena: We won't have a lot of changes, but we might end up switching around about half of the team.

Seriously. About 40% isn't much change.
Dre_00
Nice piece from Grant bout the last time US played in Panama for WCQ. Short article but loved:

• Being able to re-watch the Mexican commentator rant on how bad the MNT.
  • The tid bit about Panama's plan to release a fan onto the pitch to waste time
  • Arena's response to the Zusi goal

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2017/03/28/usa-panama-preview-graham-zusi-world-cup-qualifying
jeffk
AG
gig them said:

Every time I see the Panama squad, I get agitated that we literally kept Mexico's WC hopes alive in 2014.

I wish we would have thrown a weakened squad at that game, as I believe we had already qualified.

Think about how the Panamanians feel!
Basketball and Chain
AG
I think Arena makes a good point. Don't think we would've gotten the same help from Mexico.
gambochaman
AG
Basketball and Chain said:

I think Arena makes a good point. Don't think we would've gotten the same help from Mexico.
absolutely not...they'd be throwing out a middle school team there if them losing meant we missed the world cup
Pahdz
Quote:

"We're not smart enough to think like that. If we were smart enough, we wouldn't have broken their hearts. Pretty stupid if you ask me. You think Mexico would have scored a goal [to save the U.S.'s World Cup] at the end of that game?"
savage!
oragator
So my take is that the team tanked the 2nd game to dump JK, and they know it's on them to make up for that and get us back on track. That is part of the reason we saw such an inspired performance Friday and why I expect the same kind of battling squad tonight. Tougher ask on the road though, tonight will say a lot.
titanmaster_race
gambochaman said:

Basketball and Chain said:

absolutely not...they'd be throwing out a middle school team there if them losing meant we missed the world cup

screw JK and Zusi for letting Mexico qualify for Brazil
byfLuger41
AG
screw JK and Zusi for letting Mexico qualify for Brazil
PatAg
AG
I hate BeIN sports man. Time to find an alternative way to watch the game I guess.
PatAg
AG
Telemundo..guess I'm going to a bar to watch the game late on a Tuesday. Great life.
jeffk
AG
T&T - Mexico on now.

Costa Rica - Honduras tied which was good for us.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
I had forgotten how absolutely epic that rant was. Those guys were DISGUSTED with El Tri.
deadbq03
AG
PatAg said:

I hate BeIN sports man. Time to find an alternative way to watch the game I guess.
go90 app. You're welcome.
Mathguy64
AG
I get to watch tonight!!

Oh wait. It is on beIN. So no I don't. And I don't speak a lick of Spanish beside calling someone a very dirty word or two so Telemundo would have to be muted. Man I hate these away legs.
deadbq03
AG
Seriously guys. Get the go90 app and you can stream beIN. It's free from Verizon (at least for now) and you don't need to have a Verizon plan.
PatAg
AG
deadbq03 said:

Seriously guys. Get the go90 app and you can stream beIN. It's free from Verizon (at least for now) and you don't need to have a Verizon plan.
Seems like a decent alternative, but I don't currently use Chromecast or appletv, so id be stuck watching on a phone?
akm91
AG

No Cameron. The back line makes me very very nervous with Gonzales and Susi on the right.
jeffk
AG
Oh, hey! A Jones-MB pairing at CM.
Mathguy64
AG
Yeah. Nervous is Jones-MB.
TheMasterplan
Are we sure Jones isn't being played where lletget was?
PatAg
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Interesting thought. Wonder how good he will be at sticking to that role, he likes to float around.
deadbq03
AG
Or on a tablet. And you can always plug in to your TV if you've got an HDMI adaptor.
TheMasterplan
PatAg said:

TheMasterplan said:

Interesting thought. Wonder how good he will be at sticking to that role, he likes to float around.

Switch Bradley with Beckermann. Switch Beckermann with Pulisic. Nagbe on the left and jones on the right?
Mathguy64
AG
Go90 app up and ready to go. Since there ain't no such thing as a free lunch I have my fingers crossed it doesn't find a way to charge me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.