So Cal Womens championship

1,499 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggie Futbol
AGGIEGMA9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats to So. Cal. Our ladies took them to penalty kicks in the 2nd round. So proud of our Aggies. Good luck next year. I'll be there to cheer them on.

Pat Brunner
Diego
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Diego
AG
Ags could be a threat to win it all in 2017!
mullokmotx
AG
The USC coach should go to AD Lynn Swann and get some improvements to their facilities, like a permanent press box, maybe some locker rooms and permanent seating. He won a championship in only his third year so I could see some schools throwing money at him to come to their place.
Aggie Futbol
I don't see it. They should be much better with Watts returning, one more year of seasoning and some high quality incoming freshman but that wont be enough. They should finish in top 2 or 3 in SEC and possibly make finals of the SEC tournament. They should also make it to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 in the NCAA tournament. Goal keeping is a question mark. Will it be a returner or the Freshman? Defense is another question mark. There is no question that the defenders are tough as nails but they lack pace and their skills are average. Midfield and forwards should be good to very good.
Diego
AG
Quote:

I don't see it. They should be much better with Watts returning, one more year of seasoning and some high quality incoming freshman but that wont be enough.
We're not losing a bunch of seniors. We'll have Watt back, and an infusion of talented freshmen. We hung with the top teams in the country this season ... Florida State (0-1), UCLA (0-1), South Carolina (0-1, 1-2), Auburn (2-1), Southern Cal (0-0). I believe that we'll get over the top next year and beat those teams. It should be a great season!
Aggie Futbol
Point away. I'd love some autographs. I really wasn't negative. In fact I did say they should be much better next year. It's ok to be realistic as opposed to overly optimistic. Most teams would be thrilled to have the results I predicted for our team. I continue to be a big supporter and hope they do better than my predicted "negative" Sweet Sixteen" or "Elite Eight" finish. That really doesn't seem too negative. If it is an accurate prediction we will all be satisfied. If they do better we will be ecstatic. If it's worse, I can be called overly optimistic. Perhaps you should take a deep breadth and reorient yourself.
HiddenAg2
I think the expectations should be quite high for next year with the returning experience and incoming freshman talent. The return of Watt is going to be huge because she has improved a lot since last year and now has elite experience at the international level. One of our biggest problems this season was the lack of consistent scoring threats and I think opponents will be so worried about Watt that other players will get better looks at the goal as well. The biggest question mark will be GK after losing an elite one this year, and if that position is filled adequately along with the backline continuing to improve, A&M should have an elite squad capable of making the College Cup. I think Elite 8 is the bar for this team next year considering all factors. If the team can improve fundamentals, especially trapping and passing in the middle of the field, they can certainly be a contender like USC was this year.
Aggie Futbol
All very reasonable comments.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.