USMNT v Mexico, November 11, 2016

32,261 Views | 459 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
stillmerk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That sure as hell ain't a like for like sub.
jay040
Can't help but think that Juan Agudelo would have been a better choice.
Mathguy64
AG
For those who care, the referee crew for the match is Guatemalan. FWIW there are very few CONCACAF+FIFA level crews that are up to the rigors of a US-MEX level match and when you remove the US and Mexican tied crews you are not left with a whole lot of depth.
akm91
AG
Is Rafa Marquez playing? If he is, it'll get out of hand pretty quickly.
Dre_00
Not saying he shouldn't start but I don't think he will. For him to start, JK would either need to start 2 forwards, or bench Bedoya/Pulisic.

Just not sure I can see him going with any of those options.
Terk
AG
I'm ready!
Terk
AG
I'm ready!
aarjon
akm91 said:

Is Rafa Marquez playing? If he is, it'll get out of hand pretty quickly.

Marquez is projected to start as a CDM in a 3-3-1-3
ScottishFire
AG
I teach at a very "diverse" high school; the smack talk from my Hispanic students is nearly deafening. I'm ready for this game, and I hope we take it to them like we do in Columbus.

Dos a Cero!!!
PatAg
AG
Strange, most of my hispanic friends growing up rooted for both teams, but USA first.

You close to the border?
PatAg
AG
I see Gordon as a situational thing, but you have to have good service for him to be effective, imo.
PatAg
AG
USA USA
jeffk
AG
Required watching Friday.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/video/das-american-christian-pulisics-spectacular-rise
TheMasterplan
jeffk said:

Required watching Friday.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/video/das-american-christian-pulisics-spectacular-rise
Pulisic is completely eurofied. Look at those jeans!!
boogieman
AG
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
ScottishFire
AG
No, I actually teach in the Dallas Metroplex. I've found that wherever I live my Hispanic friends tend to cheer for el tri over the USA. It has always been a spot of annoyance for me.
Kampfers
AG
ScottishFire said:

No, I actually teach in the Dallas Metroplex. I've found that wherever I live my Hispanic friends tend to cheer for el tri over the USA. It has always been a spot of annoyance for me.
Haha, same story here (teacher in dfw, lots of hispanic students talking smack).

It was actually homecoming week this week and they decided to have a "murica" day on election day so I came decked out in usmnt gear. Wore my bomb pop jersey, AO scarf, bandana, and even threw on some tacky red pants to complete the get-up. It was great.

I'd say that among my hispanic students who care about soccer, it's probably a 70/30 split favoring Mexico.
Capt. America
AG
Who's getting pumped?
jeffk
AG
Kampfers said:

ScottishFire said:

Haha, same story here (teacher in dfw, lots of hispanic students talking smack).

It was actually homecoming week this week and they decided to have a "murica" day on election day so I came decked out in usmnt gear. Wore my bomb pop jersey, AO scarf, bandana, and even threw on some tacky red pants to complete the get-up. It was great.

I'd say that among my hispanic students who care about soccer, it's probably a 70/30 split favoring Mexico.

Lots of Mexican-American players on my teams over the years here in Houston. Almost all of them root for both teams and it's getting more common for them to rebel against their parents and extended family and root for the Yanks more loudly. It helps that we've been moderately successful the last couple of cycles and Mexico had a bit of a downturn in play. We always have a good time with it. I'll probably wear my jersey to class tomorrow just to get things rolling. Usually there's some sort of wager made as well.
Pahdz
Hype video is hype

PatAg
AG
Pahdz said:

Hype video is hype

AHH im ready.!!!

I knew that had to be Frankie from the silhouette.
PatAg
AG
Do you think the USA vs MEX games mean more to this generation of Mexican players too, since we have actually had success against them the past decade or so?
PatAg
AG
Time to spend 3 more hours watching all the various go-to US SOccer highligth videos.
PatAg
AG

Never saw this, pretty cool one of our viewing parties made it.
ja86
AG
Starting the hate... **** Mexico
boogieman
AG
HATE!!!
jeffk
AG
Wearing the bombpop jersey to school today to celebrate Veteran's Day and the coming of another dos a cero.
akm91
AG
Saw many travelers with Uncle Sam hats yesterday at the Columbus airport.
Out in Left Field
wangus12
AG
Feel free to post your favorites
Gordo14
USA!!!!!
ScottishFire
AG
wangus12
AG
Anybody in Dallas going somewhere to watch
Wicked Good Ag
We are going to score a goal and then build a wall on defense and make them pay.

caleblyn
TV???????

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.