*****2016 FC DALLAS******

19,832 Views | 497 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PatAg
SonOfASip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
5 wins - Conference semis/finals are both 2 leg sets.
PatAg
AG
Could be 3 wins if you score a lot/win big on the road and just lose 1-0 at home
PatAg
AG
Or tie on the road and win at home

So many options!
SonOfASip
AG
Ok, 5 matches advancing on point accumulation in the semis and conference finals. Better?
Kampfers
AG
Could just be one win if we play our cards right with away goals
Terk
AG
SCORE MANY GOALS BOTH HOME AND AWAY WHILE PLAYING D AND NOT ALLOWING GOALS!!!

BRING THE CUP HOME, PAPI!!!!
Gigem Trevas
We play the winner of tonight's game since Galaxy won yesterday.
Gigem Trevas
Sounders. Again.
PatAg
AG
Lets destroy them. Mauro gets a new miracle surgery and ia able to play?
TexAg15
AG
Meanwhile in the tine... it's offseason
http://texags.com/forums/51/topics/2798876
PatAg
AG
https://soundcloud.com/meninblazers/men-in-blazers-102816-mls-pod-special-with-oscar-pareja
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
I think it's safe to say that Castillo will never again play for Dallas.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2016/10/28/28949282/fabian-castillo-pins-blame-for-transfer-saga-on-fc-dallas
PatAg
AG
I appreciate his time here, but he can **** off. And while he is doing that, maybe learn to hit a decent cross
GrapevineAg
stillmerk
AG
Jesus...
wangus12
AG
God seriously
stillmerk
AG
We are never going to win that ****ing cup.
YankeeAg05
I'd like to be able to blame a mistake or two that can be fixed but Seattle looked about 4 goals better for most of the match. They destroyed us in some phases and we couldn't string much together. I know missing Diaz hurts but that was terrible. What was up with all the long balls tonight out of the back? Did Seattle just do a good job pressuring us into long balls or were we just not up for the intensity of the playoffs?
TheMasterplan
That game sucked.
ScottishFire
Terk
AG
Raaaaaaaage!
PatAg
AG
We actually had a good amount of chances, I thought we should have only lost by 2, and that would have been a gigantic difference going home.

Going to take a monster game at home to advance now...3-0 to force extra time...or i guess 5-1? 4-1 and they would have the away goal, right?
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
All four of the teams that received byes lost their away legs to open the conference semifinals. In fact, none of them even got an away goal. I've been thinking about this for years, particularly since the introduction of the away goals rule: it's almost a disadvantage to be the higher seed.

In MLS, road records are consistently poor. In fact, the defending MLS Cup champs, Portland, were winless in 17 tries during the regular season. Your reward for a superior regular season is to be required to secure a result away from home, lest you create a deep hole for yourself. Further, in the second leg, only the lower seed can steal a road goal.

The last two seasons, Dallas finished first in the Western Conference. Here's how things went down:

conference semifinal: lost the first leg in Seattle, 2-1
conference final: lost the first leg in Portland, 3-1

conference semifinal: lost the first leg in Seattle, 3-0

Granted, a championship team shouldn't be losing 3-1 and 3-0. But despite being favorites, FCD were essentially eliminated after those losses in tough environments in the Pacific Northwest.

If you could choose to play at home first, would you?
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
PatAg said:

Going to take a monster game at home to advance now...3-0 to force extra time...or i guess 5-1? 4-1 and they would have the away goal, right?
3-0 = extra time
4-1 = Seattle advances on road goals
5-1 = Dallas advances on aggregate
Gigem Trevas
PatAg said:

We actually had a good amount of chances, I thought we should have only lost by 2, and that would have been a gigantic difference going home.

Unless something stupid happens early 3 goal comeback in one game is going to be near impossible.
TexAg15
AG
Does having 2 trophies already make this impending early exit more disappointing or less? I honestly can't make up my mind.
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
TexAg15 said:

Does having 2 trophies already make this impending early exit more disappointing or less? I honestly can't make up my mind.
I don't know if this helps you decide, but without Diaz and Castillo, crashing out was pretty much expected.

At full health/strength, this team might've been the favorites, and not winning an MLS Cup would've been a big disappointment. But going into the match at Seattle, Dallas were clear underdogs, and winning MLS Cup would've been an overachieving triumph.
Terk
AG
aggiesoccer#1fan said:

TexAg15 said:

without Diaz and Castillo, crashing out was pretty much expected.

This x 1000

You lose arguably your two best possession, distribution, and scoring threats and things are not going to go well.

FC Dallas is built for the long haul, look at their Academy production - stay the course. ANY silverware is great. A double is amazing.
PatAg
AG
I would not be surprised to see this team come out and jump all over Seattle to start the game. Would be awesome to be up 2-0 at some point and at least make it interesting.
PatAg
AG
These figueroa shots are NOT effective. all 20+ yards out
PatAg
AG
This offense looks clueless. We are pressuring, but all these shots are just awful and from far out.
PatAg
AG
****, almost grabbed one at the 20 minute mark...gotta finish that
PatAg
AG
These corners are awful
PatAg
AG
GOALLLL
Gigem Trevas
1 down. 3 to go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.