Manchester City?

36,069 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bbattbq01
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jesus SAVES!!! our cup hopes.

That guy is for real.
7nine
byfLuger41
AG
Cup?
Texaggie7nine
Whatever the hell the stupid EPL calls its trophy.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Jesus may be out the rest of the season.
7nine
bbattbq01
AG
3 away goals not ideal... but 2 goal win! What a half.
Texaggie7nine
Aguero came to play.

Great win.
7nine
byfLuger41
bbattbq01
Texaggie7nine
What a pathetic first half turning to a great 2nd.

They better keep the pressure on,
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Looks like FA cup is pep's only chance at anything now.
7nine
agsalaska
AG
Cosnidering that will require a trip to London to beat Arsenal then a repeat trip to beat either Chelsea or Spurs that would still be a pretty big accomplishment.
aggie7911
Another failed season for Man ****ty!

Quote:

This is how it feels to be city,
This is how it feels to be small,
This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all...
Nothing at all

Texaggie7nine
Guess you must be a Leicester fan since they would be the only EPL that had any room to talk.
7nine
aggie7911
Texaggie7nine said:

Guess you must be a Leicester fan since they would be the only EPL that had any room to talk.
LOL no MAN United..I am a fan of a real team its nice..you ever get a response on that email? LOL
Texaggie7nine
Forgive me, I've only been an EPL fan for the past 2 years. What exactly is Manuers deal? They used to be good or something? So basically it's kind of how Cowboy fans still talk **** when they haven't been relevant in years?
7nine
aggie7911
Texaggie7nine said:

Forgive me, I've only been an EPL fan for the past 2 years. What exactly is Manuers deal? They used to be good or something? So basically it's kind of how Cowboy fans still talk **** when they haven't been relevant in years?
LOL is that what Man ****ty fans tell themselves to make them feel better?
Texaggie7nine
I dunno. I guess.

Maybe I'll start caring when I see any evidence of Man U mattering.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Nice counter
7nine
Dre_00
Texaggie7nine said:

Forgive me, I've only been an EPL fan for the past 2 years.

I've never seen someone self own themselves so hard in my entire life.
Texaggie7nine
How exactly is that self own?
7nine
datrixstunna
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

How exactly is that self own?

Typical clueless Citeh fan.
Texaggie7nine
Oh well. Top 3 is still quite doable. Manuer as usual out of any hope.
7nine
joemeister
AG
As a Liverpool fan, I think we're a lot closer to being the Cowboys. Man U has dominated the EPL since its creation. It's really only the last 4 seasons (including this one) that they haven't been at or near 1st.

Comparing EPL teams to NFL teams doesn't really work that well.
Texaggie7nine
Well from my frame of reference, they suck and cannot do anything. I'll stick with that.

I would say, fan wise they are more like the cowboys because they have millions of fans all over the world who just like them because they are the team to like.
7nine
Dre_00
Texaggie7nine said:

Well from my frame of reference, they suck and cannot do anything. I'll stick with that.

I would say, fan wise they are more like the cowboys because they have millions of fans all over the world who just like them because they are the team to like.

Who put you up to this? This has to be fake, right? Do you even hear yourself?

Amazing stuff. Hardest I've laughed in quite some time.
Texaggie7nine
Sorry are you a cowboy fan who hates the truth?

Any EPL fan I asked before I decided on a team told me only *****ers become Man U fans. And even before I followed EPL Man U was about the only EPL jersey I saw people wear. How is that not the Cowboys of the EPL?
7nine
datrixstunna
AG
Stop. Just Stop. You are making a fool yourself. This is a prime example of why we are called Yanks and made fun of in europe.
agsalaska
AG
datrixstunna said:

Stop. Just Stop. You are making a fool yourself. This is a prime example of why we are called Yanks and made fun of in europe.
Texaggie7nine
OOh, school me with your superior knowledge on how Manuer fans the world over are thought of as great upstanding fans that annoy no one.

7nine
datrixstunna
AG
Has nothing to do with club allegiance. As a football fan, you are showing pure ignorance.
Texaggie7nine
Showing my ignorance because I'm stating that Man u fans are disliked by so many the world over?

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1ndqro/why_does_everyone_seem_to_dislike_manchester/

Not just on /r/soccer, all throughout England (and even Europe it seems) people seem to hate Manchester United.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2010/02/23/1803661/10-most-hated-football-teams

While United are undoubtedly hated in English circles for being so successful, there are many other reasons why they are so disliked.

First of all, they have often been painted as a lucky team (others would say they have incredible character) due to the high number of late goals they scored especially in the 1990s. When Ferguson won his first title in 1993, this chiefly came about after defender Steve Bruce scored two injury time goals to turn a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday. Then, of course, there was the 1999 Champions League final against Bayern Munich when United were outplayed from start to finish but scored twice in stoppages again to lift the crown.

Many United fans are often termed as 'gloryhunters' i.e. they only support the club because they are successful. This can be seen, apparently, by the relatively small number of followers from Manchester. Most Mancunians are City fans. Another bone of contention revolves around the referees, with United said to benefit more than any other team from officials.
7nine
TXAggie2011
AG
As a Cowboys fan I can say that if we're hated because we're successful, bring on the ****ing hate.
Texaggie7nine
It's not the success. It's the entitlement to it.
7nine
datrixstunna
AG
Reddit and goal.com as sources. You are proving my point.

I'll just sit back and watch....
Texaggie7nine
Please. Educate me on how well received manuer fans are by the rest of the world of soccer. I'll hang up and listen for your impeccable souces.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.