Manchester City?

35,714 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bbattbq01
CrawlingNo5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else a fan? Hopefully they will be on TV as much as last year.
wangus12
AG
Money *****s
CrawlingNo5
AG
whatever.. all the top teams spend obscene amounts of money..
Aston94
AG
I liked citeh a lot more when they sucked.
AustinAg11
quote:
whatever.. all the top teams spend obscene amounts of money..

Wrong.
CrawlingNo5
AG
solid response
bdp514am
five of the top 6 teams last year topped £100m in salary. The 5th place team comes in at over £90
AustinAg11
Relatively, yes the top teams do spend lots of money. But the way Citeh spends compared to other top teams, they should have won the league more than once, and also should have a couple domestic trophies the past three seasons.

They can't even get out of the group stage of Champions League.
CrawlingNo5
AG
damn you flip flopped quite quickly..

is there a ranking of the ratio of money spent to titles won?
gougler08
AG
Pretty sure that NBC will have all EPL games at least streaming online...so you should be good
ja86
AG
Suck?
Brick Tamland
quote:
Pretty sure that NBC will have all EPL games at least streaming online...so you should be good

This. They'll have all games on NBC, NBC Sports, NBC Extra Time (which is free if you get NBC Sports), and online/through their Sports Network app.
AustinAg11
quote:

Arsenal hardly spend money and they've had more seasons in the PL than any other club.
Brick Tamland
quote:
quote:

Arsenal hardly spend money and they've had more seasons in the PL than any other club.

Still pay a lot for player wages. Arsenal catches a lot of grief for lack of spending on transfers. The reality of the situation is you have to spend money if you want to win. See PSG or AS Monaco. Monaco is starting to get serious about spending so they went and got Falcao.
bbattbq01
AG
To answer the OPs question, yes.

I came on board shortly before Frank bought the team when I came to work with an English-American who was raised Blue.

CrawlingNo5
AG
quote:

now its seasons in the EPL.. Arsenal spends plenty of money. but whatever. believe what you want to believe.

Since the closest I have ever been to England is deep sea fishing a couple miles 2 miles offshore in the atlantic ocean , I have no ties to anyone. When I watched the title winning game vs. QPR, I thought it was the most exciting game I have ever watched in all sports. If I am going to spend my time watching a sport that I have no skin in the game, I want to watch a winning club. And that game made me a fan.
AustinAg11
quote:
quote:

now its seasons in the EPL.. Arsenal spends plenty of money. but whatever. believe what you want to believe.

Since the closest I have ever been to England is deep sea fishing a couple miles 2 miles offshore in the atlantic ocean , I have no ties to anyone. When I watched the title winning game vs. QPR, I thought it was the most exciting game I have ever watched in all sports. If I am going to spend my time watching a sport that I have no skin in the game, I want to watch a winning club. And that game made me a fan.

For being a top club, they really don't.

[This message has been edited by AustinAg11 (edited 8/12/2013 7:13p).]
Brick Tamland
Really, who cares if City spends money to get better? You sound like an Arsenal fan that is bitter over the sale of Nasri and Clichy and the almost sale of RVP to City. Every team wins in their own way. Arsenal and Tottenham refuse to pay as much for salary as Madrid or City do so players want to play for where they can make the most money and win the most trophies. Last I checked, City won the league more recently than Arsenal or Tottenham. If someone wants to support City, let them be. One of my best friends is a City fan and he genuinely loves watching the team. Who am I to tell him he shouldn't root for them because they outspend most teams? Heck if Manchester was closer to London I would be a fan of them, too.
AustinAg11
Nah, Arsenal just does it the right way in my mind. That's why I support them.

Have the same type of respect for Dortmund as well. Don't support them though.
gig them
AG
I'm still trying to wrap my head around "most seasons in the PL" being the new metric for arsene-pumpers.

Love it.
Brick Tamland
"Doing it the right way" has seen 4 of their best players leave in the last 2 years before their contracts ran up, with 3 of them staying in England and going to the Manchester clubs who have been finishing above them. I respect Arsenal, but come on.
byfLuger41
AG
This thread!

Alan Johnson
AG
For what its worth

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2013/08/arsenal-money-dont-matter-2-night.html
Brick Tamland
Maybe they're saving up for something
byfLuger41
AG
Longest. Article. Ever.
Alan Johnson
AG
haha... well 3/4 of it is comments. But I'll be honest, I didn't finish it. The figures tell most of the story. Basically Arsenal is making money and sitting on it. Chelsea is making money and spending it. City is spending money without making any.
Gigem Trevas
Yeah I am not reading that.
Dre_00
Guys, allow me to moderate this thread up a bit...

City blows balls. End of story.

quote:

Oh man, somewhere in the night, Euripidespants is dying a slow, painful death.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:

byfLuger41
AG
quote:

You must have been too young for the 1999 CL Final...give it a youtube look if so.
Aston94
AG
quote:

Winner! Winner! We have a Winner!

This is how it feels to be city,
This is how it feels to be small,
This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all...
Nothing at all

gig them
AG
quote:
Really, who cares if City spends money to get better? You sound like an Arsenal fan that is bitter over the sale of Nasri and Clichy and the almost sale of RVP to City. Every team wins in their own way. Arsenal and Tottenham refuse to pay as much for salary as Madrid or City do so players want to play for where they can make the most money and win the most trophies. Last I checked, City won the league more recently than Arsenal or Tottenham. If someone wants to support City, let them be. One of my best friends is a City fan and he genuinely loves watching the team. Who am I to tell him he shouldn't root for them because they outspend most teams? Heck if Manchester was closer to London I would be a fan of them, too.

Don't let proximity stop you from supporting a Manchester club. One of the favorite Chelsea away fan songs in Old Trafford is "We'll race you back to London! We'll race you back to London!"

[This message has been edited by gig them (edited 8/13/2013 4:35p).]
LondonOllie
Citeh...wankers
Gooners...wankers
Plastics...wankers
Mancs...wankers.
Bin Dippers...wankers (and thieves)

That is all.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by LondonOllie (edited 8/13/2013 7:44p).]
Dre_00
quote:
One of the favorite Chelsea away fan songs in Old Trafford is "We'll race you back to London! We'll race you back to London!"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Chelsea fans here can't really sing or enjoy that song with any sort of credibility whatsoever. We have our own favorite song that anyone can sing...

Viva John Terry
Viva John Terry
Could've won the cup
But he ****ed it up
Viva John Terry

And I can't believe that I missed the irony of the fact that Brick, he of the 4 teams in 32 hours fame, is the one screaming "leave the City fan alone!"

(For the record, support whomever the hell you want whether it's City or anyone else. We're all just bandwagoners anyway. But part of the deal is you get to funlovingly talk crap about your rivals. Step in people making fun of City. So if you're going to support City, get used to the hate. I speak from profound experience as a United fan.)

[This message has been edited by Dre_00 (edited 8/13/2013 9:10p).]
byfLuger41
AG
One thing everyone on the Soccer Board can agree on is City blows. Get use to the hate!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.