A&M Soccer Forum - Rule #1 2.0 edition

689,700 Views | 6444 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by aggiephoenix02
Pro Sandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looked promising when Tech was leading, but after less than a quarter of play, I've lost my money on Tech.
Pro Sandy
AG
Ok State ensured another losing week for me
CDub06
AG
WVU FTW
redd38
AG
quote:
redd, you want in on the rule #1 tracker for pick em? Only thing is I add your scores into the graph and ridicule you if you perform worse than me, which is hard to do.

no, I was in the overall top 10 before I lost that big Baylor bet, now I'm too demotivated to take it seriously
Pro Sandy
AG
Ok, we will add you in
Pro Sandy
AG
I might break even with a slight positive.

20000 on KState as a safety bet
20000 on OkState gone
20000 on LSU was a smart investment
10000 on UTSA was a mistake. I really wanted to put it on UTEP
5000 on Tech for fun and loss
3408 on Texas State for the win.
Pro Sandy
AG
Jeff, what's the final score? Maxpreps live updates ended with the kick off to start the game
jeffk
AG
quote:
Jeff, what's the final score? Maxpreps live updates ended with the kick off to start the game

If only that was accurate.

60-16 was the final. They beat us playing JH football. Throw it deep, let your QB scramble around, and hand it off to your fast dude up the middle.

Edited to sound less whiney. Just frustrated and out of big ideas this morning. Glad I get to go to worship here in a few minutes.
CDub06
AG
I use the fox sports football Friday app.

Broke even in picks this week. Was looking good before that USC loss. Virginia also cost me big.
mid90
AG
quote:
Ok, we will add you in
Pro Sandy
AG
I want the texags job of updating the pick em. You dont have to do anything. not updating anything since 2011 and you are qualified.
Pro Sandy
AG

In the weekly, the graph is too crowded to tell what happened, other than nick and redd didn't do well. They both put $30,000 on Ole Miss. Having put $20,000 on LSU, I appreciated their donation.

Jeff might have continued his yoyo pattern after a hangup a few weeks ago when he was successful twice in a row. But again, I can't read this graph. Too many lines.

Overall standards are a little easier to read. Redd went off like a sky rocket and his whistleee seems to be fading as hopefully that yell did too.

Mid took a dead cat bounce and bounced up above me. Had only I double checked my bet on UTEP...

CDub is the new leader for the first time this season.

Here's to hoping I break the Had you not bet line.
mid90
AG
I didn't realize I had fallen so far below the had you not bet line
mid90
AG
In case anyone was wondering, protein farts are a real thing.
Pro Sandy
AG
Olestra products recommend wearing dark pants for oily farts
jeffk
AG
MAKE YO PICKS!!!
Pro Sandy
AG
$20,000 on FSU. Check.
mid90
AG
picks made
CDub06
AG
Just woke up in kyle field...
mid90
AG
freaking Kentucky is going to spoil what would have been an amazing pick'em week for me
Pro Sandy
AG
So far so good.

FSU win
Miami win
TCU win
Pro Sandy
AG
Looks like a perfect week in pickem. Played conservative and didn't bet on any underdogs, but I sure bet on some underperformers.
mid90
AG
UT just bucked up and beat SCar in OT and saved my pick'em week!!
jeffk
AG
7-0 this week with a couple upsets.
CDub06
AG
I was calculating my victories last night and counted South Carolina as a win because they were up 42-28 with 2:00 left. Oops.

Didn't watch a snap of that game but there was some good football watching yesterday.
Pro Sandy
AG
Another 40% week.

Jeff, any high school named Sunnyside needs someone to go Lotso on them. Give em hell.
jeffk
AG
Got beat by park playground football last night and then got lectured by a dad on how I need to play his son on defense because I'm punishing the rest of the team by not using him. This is the same kid who I've been trying to get to play defense for four weeks despite him saying he doesn't like tackling, he's scared of contact and that he's only playing football because his dad is making him in addition to skipping practice Monday. SMH. Sometimes all you can do is pray, sigh and invite parents to come visit practice any time they want.

And yeah, Sunnyside is in for the game of their lives.

Our admins asked us if we wanted playoff shirts made - I told them do what they want, but I will refuse to wear one out of principle.
Pro Sandy
AG
Playoff shirts? I'm not mocking, but even a 1-9 team doesn't go to the playoffs...
jeffk
AG
Yeah, we're historic.

In addition to owning the state's longest active losing streak (56 games by my count), we MAY be the only winless team to ever qualify for the UIL football playoffs. Why would this happen, you ask? Well, when UIL started taking the top four teams from each district as playoff qualifiers (which was a simple money-grab for UIL and school districts, IMO) they created the possibility to put under-qualified teams in the playoffs each year. (Which is why you see HUGE blowouts in the first round state-wide.) Initially we were in a five team district, but a week after the realignments were released, HISD announced that Jones HS would not be fielding athletic teams in the foreseeable future. Therefore, all teams in 4A-10 would qualify for the post season regardless of record.

So, if we don't win this next Friday vs Sunnyside, expect to see lots of press about our team. Not the type of press any coach or team wants, for sure. We'll play the district winner from 4A-9, West Orange-Stark, who were picked to advance to the state semifinals preseason. Fun times.
mid90
AG
So you're saying there's still a chance to win state
jeffk
Pro Sandy
AG
Ryan Tannehill gets the start for my fantasy team and nearly triples the usual starter, Russell Wilson
Pro Sandy
AG
noone lazier than the texager incharge of the pick em
mid90
CDub06
AG
Cracked the double digits. 99th overall.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 185

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.