A&M Soccer Forum - Rule #1 2.0 edition

689,391 Views | 6443 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by aggiephoenix02
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate every single pick I made this week.
redd38
AG
I had some decent bets... but all these Johnny-Come-Latelies are screwing up all my odds.
Pro Sandy
AG
In years past when I had lots of money, I'd bet on underdogs in the smaller games early in the week to make betting against them lucrative. Then with just hours to go, I'd pull my money and the odds would swing horribly.
Pro Sandy
AG
Auburn, Virginia, Georgia, Texas Tech

I'm feeling lucky
Pro Sandy
AG
Virginia and Tortilla Tech still giving me a chance of not $0. Georgia and Auburn...
mAgnoliAg
AG
Georgia and auburn
redd38
AG
I've gotten my first 8 picks correct... 2 to go. I'm looking at a little over 400k starting dollars for next week.
Pro Sandy
AG
I won one. I'm looking at $20k starting next week
redd38
AG
Turns out I got my last two games correct too, so should be in the $452k range
CDub06
AG
Completely whiffed on my Illinois pick, but I'm still sitting in 35th. Got a ways to go to catch up to #8 redd.
redd38
AG
quote:
Completely whiffed on my Illinois pick, but I'm still sitting in 35th. Got a ways to go to catch up to #8 redd.

Ahhh, I remember my days of double digit rankings... Those were the good ol days. No pressure, no responsibility...
jeffk
AG
I have no pick-off pressures and responsibilities.
CDub06
AG
quote:
I have no pick-off pressures and responsibilities.
And no pick-off glory.
jeffk
AG
False glory at best.

They don't even give trophies any more.
CDub06
AG
I just want all the internet points.
Pro Sandy
AG
4 digits rock!

No, no it doesn't
Pro Sandy
AG
My brother sent me this photo this morning at 6AM from Fort Worth

CDub06
AG
Cool. We've had it down here for a while and that's 4 more cartons than I've purchased.
redd38
AG
Less Blue Bell...more charts showing my dominance!
Pro Sandy
AG
I can get you a graph, but the write-up with have to wait. I got two crying children...

Pro Sandy
AG
Hey there, sportsfans. Lots of action this week on the money gridiron. Let's get to it.

Here's the graph.

This is the biggest positive gain week for the Rule #1 crew since Week 6. Combined, we gained 37.7%. Not bad when you look at all the money Maggie and Sandy are throwing away.

Redd is looking like the runaway Baylor Bears with the numbers he is putting up. You've unlocked the italics of the Top 10. Level up!

CDub's slow and steady climb to the top shows that the tortoise can still beat the hare. Actually, that fable is dumb. The moral should have been to not nap during races. Besides, the redd hare is wh04ping you. (redd, I looked you up in findanaggie to get your class year. I didn't know that was your real name. Always figured your name to be more jamming).

Maggie. Auburn? Georgia? Only a fool would bet on them! You've been stripped of your bold status! Into the dog house! Ha! ***checks his pick 'em*** Umm... Anyway... Hey, who are you taking in this weeks big Magnolia vs Magnolia West game? I'll put double down going the other way.

Smith&Co and mid, hey, yall still alive? You are suppose to be betting.

Sandy? You know the point of this is to make money, right?

Gigem has an excuse for avoiding the pick off. He's a newly married man. Jeffk, what you got? Busy tweeting? I can no longer fave your posts. I mean, you had some stuff I liked, but loved? Nope.

#8 Redd38 $455067
#35 CDub06 $259465
#796 Smith&Co $82727
#910 mAgnoliAg $77785
#1240 Mid90 $41146
#1416 Pro Sandy $8438
#1465 GigEmNick $0
#1465 JeffK $0

Top Dawg: redd38
Rising Pups: cdub
In the dawghouse: maggie
redd38
AG
That's a good looking chart.
jeffk
AG
Hate the new hearts on Twitter.

And none of you are allowed to pull for West.
CDub06
AG
But West rhymes with Best and my mantra is "If it rhymes, it must be true"
jeffk
AG
Non-rhyming mantras.
Pro Sandy
AG
I heard West was the one hairiest chest.
CDub06
AG
Also true.
redd38
AG
quote:
In years past when I had lots of money, I'd bet on underdogs in the smaller games early in the week to make betting against them lucrative. Then with just hours to go, I'd pull my money and the odds would swing horribly.
I don't really get the point of this, other than to screw with people... but I like screwing with people, so I'm giving it a shot on one of tonight's games.
CDub06
AG
I've also been guilty of this. It really only works on the early games before there's a lot of money out there. It skews the odds for early bettors. Not so much for the late bettors. When you pull your money out, it doesn't make much of an impact for Saturday games.
redd38
AG
I just hope I don't forget to pull my money off
Pro Sandy
AG
If you are betting on East North Carolina verse South West Carolina, I think most people just bet based on the texags odds. I think those races you could potentially impact. I never really paid muh attention though when I pulled my money. But it sounds like causig choas and my fight club is all about causing choas
CDub06
AG
How drunk are you?
Pro Sandy
AG
I'm just saying the smaller games with mid level opponents, someone with a lot of money would have more sway over. You aren't going to affect a game with millions in it, but the smaller games you can. Take Rice - UTEP. Rice is favored by 7, but for only $100,000, you can make UTEP the new texags favorite. I think many texagers dont check the Vegas lines or watch Sportscenter, so they may see UTEP is a favorite and put money on it. Maybe that isn't what we want though, maybe we want to target the smart people. The more savy texagers would see UTEP is the favorite and put money on Rice. Then when you pull your money, they lose winnings.

Maybe because both of these would happen, nothing exciting happens.

Regardless, I always verify my bets Saturday morning.
redd38
AG
When they make a 30 for 30 about the rise and fall of my Pick-Off glory they will highlight this week as the start of my demise. I have no strategy this week, no focus. Just randomly picking games.
Pro Sandy
AG
I'm still waiting for my rise so we can talk about the fall
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 185

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.