A&M Soccer Forum - Rule #1 2.0 edition

689,312 Views | 6443 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by aggiephoenix02
Pro Sandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kiss?
CDub06
AG
quote:
Got my first trash-talking post on my team's twitter account.

Respond, ignore or block?

Now some other jerk is talking trash.
Pro Sandy
AG
How many return trips to the line does it take for you to beat furrs?
Pro Sandy
AG
Sbisa >>>>>>>>> Lubys >>> Furrs
jeffk
AG
quote:
Sbisa >>>>>>>>> Lubys >>> Furrs
Pro Sandy
AG
If the Earth is round, when Jesus comes back down from heaven, will he slide right off?
CDub06
AG
Someone is day drinking in Cali.
Pro Sandy
AG
No man. I am drinking whiskey right now though...

It came from this site: http://www.ufoinfo.com/ufobooks/ufojesus.shtml

His point is that if you believe that Ezekiel's wheel was a UFO (plausible), then you must also believe that Jesus departed by UFO and will return by UFO (contrasted by Jim Sullivan's song UFO, which proposes that Jesus arrived by UFO).

If Ezekiel's "wheel within a wheel" and Moses' "pillar of fire and cloud" were forerunners of today's UFOs, then the Star of Bethlehem and the brilliant cloud to which Jesus ascended must be treated in the same vein.

The question I raised came from some really weird argument about logic that he offers,

Too many people feel that their belief system is the right one and are close minded to any theories based on the facts. Even though their own beliefs are based on "faith" that flies in the face of all known facts. Their parents, grandparents, priests, ministers and rabbis have formed their reality. It is much easier to let someone else do their thinking for them than to analyze the facts for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

This fact is why the "Flat Earth Society" still exists to this day. "The Bible says that angels guard the four corners of the Earth. How could the Earth have four corners if it is round?"

"If the Earth was round, when Jesus comes back down from heaven, He would slide right off. How could he light on a round Earth?"

This is the kind of logic that has been passed down from generation to generation. It is much more convenient and less thought provoking to accept this logic than to use one's own. Copernicus was imprisoned by the church for such heresy as suggesting that the Earth is not the center of the universe. Some people hold this concept to be true today.
mid90
AG
Just downloaded the "Wrath of the Khans" series of podcasts from Hardcore History. Along with some other podcasts from Freakonomics Radio, Andy Stanley, The Ark Church, and Barbell Shrugged.

Can't wait to listen to them this week!
CDub06
AG
I've never ventured over to Hardcore History because holy cow, they are lengthy.
mid90
AG
He is doing some serious rambling. And I'm not sure how accurate he is...
Pro Sandy
AG
So noone wants to talk bible UFOs...
CDub06
AG
Poor Penguins

quote:
The emperor penguin chases its prey through nearly freezing waters. Once it locates food, usually a fish or squid, it catches the animal in its powerful jaws and devours it.

But after all that work, the penguin can't actually taste the savory flavor of its meal.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2015/02/17/386012155/penguins-can-t-taste-their-dinner
jeffk
AG
I think penguins taste delicious.
Pro Sandy
AG
Penguin eggs right out of the nest are the cutest thing you'll ever eat.
CDub06
AG
HEY! It's Thursday Morning Music Club Day
CDub06
AG
Another lonely drum circle
mid90
AG
Got my first big boy paycheck this weekend!

Celebrated by ordering a pair of Reebok crossfit nano 4.0s, a pair of red Chuck Taylors, and book #4 in the Wheel of Time series.
CDub06
AG
Oh. You're a crossfitter?
mid90
AG
Well, not since July. Just couldn't justify the cost without an income. But now that I have a job, I am definitely going to get back into it once I find a good gym in clear lake.
mid90
AG
Plus I needed new athletic shoes badly.
CDub06
AG
I don't think you're really a crossfitter. Otherwise you would talk about it in every post.
mid90
AG
quote:
I don't think you're really a crossfitter. Otherwise you would talk about it in every post.

Well, I did have a crossfit honeymoon period of a couple weeks where I posted on the health and fitness board daily workout threads.
jeffk
AG
Which one of you crazies runs the @ImPaddington twitter account?
CDub06
AG
So let's talk Net Neutrality...
mid90
TJJackson
Are you for or against net neutrality? I don't know if I'm supposed to be mad or happy.
CDub06
AG
I read up a little bit (read a Wikipedia entry) a while back when the discussion was ramping up but havent kept up with it since then.

Ultimately I think the decision is a good one. But I am kind of unclear about the whole "Public Utility" label.

I know it will put ISPs under further regulation, which should benefit the end user (from throttling and such), but I don't know how deep that regulation can go. Honestly, I have not been affected by any of these practices to the extent that I'm celebrating this new age.

For me, I guess the biggest thing is not reforming some of these practices ISPs have been participating in, but moreso to prevent them from devising plans to limit use or gouge users in the future, especially with the rise of Netflix and other on demand network options.

It's good for those types of services and companies reliant on network bandwidth, but it's certainly not something the ISPs under new regulations are happy about. I get that from their perspective. And a lot of republicans are not going to be happy about the additional government oversight.

I think consumers are the winners here.

I'm sure I don't understand the entire situation and am missing something obvious on my general overview. What are y'all's thoughts? What don't I get?
TJJackson
Got this from CNET but it's all a foreign language to me.

http://www.cnet.com/news/net-neutrality-a-reality-fcc-votes-to-bring-internet-under-utility-style-rules/
mid90
AG
tired of my terrible diet that makes me feel awful and gain weight

so I've decided to follow the Paleo diet for all of March.
CDub06
AG
quote:
Got this from CNET but it's all a foreign language to me.

http://www.cnet.com/news/net-neutrality-a-reality-fcc-votes-to-bring-internet-under-utility-style-rules/
Seems to be a lot of politicking in that article...

Political parties are annoying.
CDub06
AG
quote:

Good Luck!

I like the idea of Paleo and the associated exercise regimens. I did some a couple of years back. I tend to eat along the Paleo lines as it is, with some exceptions; namely including dairy products and not getting enough fruit. I am not completely sold on it, but I think it's interesting because it's actually a program that I could stick with if I wanted to.

I've been doing long distance training since, so I've forced myself away from my typical diet and have been eating a lot more carbs and grains than I would otherwise.

It's hard when I'm on the road and I tend to alternate between eating sensibly and gorging myself on the company's dime. I always feel better when I'm exercising though.

I swore off cokes about 9 years ago and stick to drinking plenty of water throughout the day. That alone made a HUGE difference for me. I dropped about 10 pounds in a short span and that's even back when I was exercising very sparsely. Cokes taste disgusting to me at this point.

I've always been fine without using butter, extra salt and skipping dessert. Then again, I often eat meat by the pound, so we all have our vices... I've found a nice balance though and will keep exercising hard so I can eat all the BBQ.

mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

Good Luck!

I like the idea of Paleo and the associated exercise regimens. I did some a couple of years back. I tend to eat along the Paleo lines as it is, with some exceptions; namely including dairy products and not getting enough fruit. I am not completely sold on it, but I think it's interesting because it's actually a program that I could stick with if I wanted to.

I've been doing long distance training since, so I've forced myself away from my typical diet and have been eating a lot more carbs and grains than I would otherwise.

It's hard when I'm on the road and I tend to alternate between eating sensibly and gorging myself on the company's dime. I always feel better when I'm exercising though.

I swore off cokes about 9 years ago and stick to drinking plenty of water throughout the day. That alone made a HUGE difference for me. I dropped about 10 pounds in a short span and that's even back when I was exercising very sparsely. Cokes taste disgusting to me at this point.

I've always been fine without using butter, extra salt and skipping dessert. Then again, I often eat meat by the pound, so we all have our vices... I've found a nice balance though and will keep exercising hard so I can eat all the BBQ.

Yeah I'm not 100% sold on the legitimacy of everything in the paleo diet. Bread has been a staple of human diets for thousands of years, and suddenly it's bad? Need to do my own research into a lot of the science behind paleo.

That being said, I'm viewing this month as a kickstart to healthier eating habits. May or may not stick with paleo longterm, but I will definitely stick with some of the core principles (i.e. eating 'clean', etc.)
TJJackson
Watching Top Gun with my almost 5 month old son.
CDub06
AG
It appears JeffK has some Twitter stalkers.
First Page Last Page
Page 137 of 185

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.