A&M Soccer Forum - Rule #1 2.0 edition

689,235 Views | 6443 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by aggiephoenix02
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mid90
AG
at least you"re doing better than sandy
jeffk
AG
quote:
@jeffk you win retard

I always do.
Pro Sandy
AG
Why does the new texags change ' into " and add extra </br>?
Kampfers
AG
I always forget this thread is here. Keester, how are you enjoying human geography (I think you said you were teaching it now, could be wrong)?

My boss just made me change my lesson plan style which is a real pain in the arse. Well, he "strongly recommended" it. He's very much a by the books guy and our campus tends to play a little bit fast and loose, so its been a mind numbing start to the year, with wayyyyyyy too much paperwork.
jeffk
AG
I have three preps this year with two of them being AP. Plus two sports, plus department chair. Our AP tried to give a me a hard time about my bare-bones lesson plans the other day and I pretty much told him I was doing the best I could and that if I worked on them any more, my instruction would suffer. He said okay then and walked away.

But yeah, Human Geo should be pretty fun. We're only on basic geography skills this first couple of weeks, but I'm looking forward to it going forward.

We're trying to break a 48 game losing streak in football with a pretty winnable game on Friday. Jerry Rice will be on campus all day Tuesday to give us the eye of the tiger. Also trying to get my soccer team out of the first round this year, which is doable now that there are three divisions in the UIL playoff system.

Going to pick up Destiny at midnight tomorrow night too. I didn't know you liked hockey until I saw your post on the XB thread. I'm a Flyers fan, but don't hold that against me.

How's your year looking, Kampy?
Kampfers
AG
Its good. We've just finished the introductory unit and have a test Tuesday. We begin Population & migration Wednesday. Since we're accelerated we go quick, that unit only lasts two weeks like this last one.

On Friday we had a student led debate in class. I had never opened it up so much before. I introduced it, gave them homework to prepare in addition to everything we had done/read/seen in class, and then when they walked in that day I basically laid the ground rules, then forbade myself from speaking for 40 minutes. So I was understandably a bit nervous before giving it to my first class. Well, then 5 minutes before the bell rings to start class, the Executive Director (Boss' boss - reports to the assistant superintendent and is basically one of the top 15 employees in the district) and my principal and AP walk in the door to do a spot observation. (if you aren't aware, disd is doing a big pay scale change this year, essentially pay for performance. So this spot is huge.). Well, I reluctantly start, toss it to the class, and sit down to take notes. Holy ****. The kids ****ing ran with it. Best moment as an educator. I was so ****ing proud. And I must have blown the spot out of the water. Of course, then 4th period came in, and 4 kids hadnt done the prep (a grade) and therefore didn't want to participate in the debate (a different grade, actually a double grade). So basically they wanted to take 3 zeros. It was like pulling teeth. But the rest of the kids did ok, and I wasn't being observed then, so it was alright.

I'm also one of the Academic Decathlon sponsors doe we're kicking that into gear. Should be fun, we ought to at least do well in district (because our district kinda sucks) so we might earn a trip to Austin. Also might get to go to the national social studies conference in Boston this year, so that's pretty cool.

Good luck this year in sports. We don't have any (which is probably to my benefit, cause then some coach would probably have my job, ha).

Despite my long NHL post, I actually ended up cancelling my preorder. I'll still buy it eventually, but probably wait for a sale or at least for be a gm/be a pro to be patched. I knew the game was gimped, but as l only needed those modes, I could be happy. But those modes are also pretty significantly cut down. So yeah. And stars for life! We should be sick scoring goals next year. Defense still sucks though.

But destiny should be good, I know we'll play. I have it preloaded, but only to avoid downloading it that day when the servers are slammed. I won't actually be able to play until Tuesday evening. I need my, well, not beauty, maybe sanity? rest.
CDub06
AG
Congratulations on not losing this week Jeffk
jeffk
AG
It was a good weekend for sports around here.

What topic did you have the kids debate, Kampy?
Kampfers
AG
Globalization
Pro Sandy
AG
Is this thread where the *******s all hang out?
CDub06
jeffk
AG
CDub, redd, blake - get your board under control!
blake2003
AG
I'm moving to Baton Rouge and I'm going to miss Aggieland.
CDub06
AG
This is supposed to be the friendly thread. The anger is overflowing from the others.

You bullies.
Pro Sandy
AG
I don't know why texags censors C O O L K I D S.
mid90
AG
I came here for an argument, but I fear I'm in the verbal abuse room.

mid90
AG
2014 Pick 'em Week 2 Update

Week 2 Standings

#5 jeffk
#99 mid90
#1077 CDub06
#1086 Pro Sandy

Overall Standings
#22 jeffk
#166 mid90
#1022 CDub06
#1111 Pro Sandy
mid90
AG
Nice jeff
mid90
AG
so sorry, try again CDub and Sandy
jeffk
AG
For a while there, I thought Iowa State was going to screw me on back to back weeks. Once for under-performing and losing and once for over-performing and winning. Thankfully they choked.
mid90
AG
I can't believe so many people wagered money on the sips beating BYU
jeffk
AG
I really think some folks think they have to pick a winner and place a wager on every game. That's the only thing that makes some of the action make sense.

I only pick three games a week to wager on.
CDub06
AG
I often bet for the sips or against the Aggies because the bias presents the best odds on the board.
mid90
AG
1st week, I bet on every game

2nd week, I bet on most big games, and then placed small wagers on games with ridiculous odds
Pro Sandy
AG
I have a bigger ranking so I win, yes
Pro Sandy
AG
I'll see yall after the maintenance tonight, if we all survive.

This may be my last post.

Farewell Andromeda.
mid90
AG
Test
byfLuger41
AG
Poop
CDub06
AG
Say what
byfLuger41
AG
You did
CDub06
AG
BTHO HUNTINGTON!
jeffk
AG
quote:
BTHO HUNTINGTON!

Word.
Pro Sandy
AG
Everyone OK? Anyone not check in yet?
CDub06
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 185

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.