Plane partnership opportunity

2,717 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 4xAgs
4xAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seeking partner in a 2008 Cirrus SR20 hangared at Coulter Field. Exceptional, low hour plane. Perfect for cross country or training.

Contact rpatton1990 at gmail or 2one0 8five9 0two62

80sGeorge
AG
Nothing to add but great looking Cirrus!
4xAgs
AG
Thanks it really is a nice plane.
RightWingConspirator
AG
What is meant by a partnership for a plane? We buy it under the partnership and share revenues and expenses?
4xAgs
AG
LOL there's no revenue - just expenses.

Co-ownership and shared operating costs.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Gotcha. Didn't know if we'd be buying the plain and leasing it out. Wasn't familiar with the business model so I asked. Thanks.
Comeby!
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

What is meant by a partnership for a plane? We buy it under the partnership and share revenues and expenses?

This would be the right way to do it, though. Hours per partner, etc.
Raptor
AG
Serious inquiry, but if one of the partners uses the plane to transport something illegal or commit a crime while in possession of the plane, then can the other partner(s) be implicated due to the shared partnership?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

4xAgs
AG
Gotta admit that I've never ran that past my attorney. Guess I fundamentally trust the people that I enter into a partnership with.

I'm not an attorney but I don't think an LLC can commit a crime. I guess we could be at risk of the asset getting seized.

We're just a couple of recreational pilots that like the fact we can get more plane by buying together. And in reality most individual pilots don't utilize the plane enough to own it outright.
fire09
AG
Let's see the panel! Looks nice from the outside.
4xAgs
AG
Avidyne PFD and MFD
Dual Garmin GNS 430's
STEC 55 autopilot - being replaced with Avidyne DFC90
Garmin 340 Audio panel
Garmin transponder

fire09
AG
I've found the most important feature in a GA aircraft in Texas are the three knobs on the right. That's a real nice setup and would be a great step up for someone looking to get out of a trainer to do their weekend or light ifr flying. You may throw a flier up on the bulletin board in the GA terminal and I bet you'll have that partnership sold in a week.
NoahAg
1. Paint maroon.
2. Add TexAgs logo and rake in NIL $$$.
3. ???
4. National Championship!
Premium
AG
Parachute with plane or I'm out
HarleySpoon
AG
4xAgs said:

Gotta admit that I've never ran that past my attorney. Guess I fundamentally trust the people that I enter into a partnership with.

I'm not an attorney but I don't think an LLC can commit a crime. I guess we could be at risk of the asset getting seized.

We're just a couple of recreational pilots that like the fact we can get more plane by buying together. And in reality most individual pilots don't utilize the plane enough to own it outright.
I'm not an attorney but used to operate a fleet of 150 business jets each with at least four different owners...probably and average of seven owners. My suggestions would be:

- The aircraft should be owned by an LLC.

- You need to know your partners as the plane could be seized if illegal drugs are found in them and the value of your ownership share in the LLC would be affected.

- I would recommend not allowing partners to finance their share using their ownership as security. But if they do, make sure members agreement requires the use of the aircraft to not be impacted by any default and make sure there are meaningful requirements for any owner that the bank may subsequently sell the share to.

- Insurance is everything. Make sure there is strict compliance with the terms of the policy.

- Make sure there are adequate reserves maintained for the engines. Don't just agree that everyone will contribute their ownership share for engine overhaul. Cash money needs to be paid into a reserve account for engine overhaul by hour flown. If sold between overhauls, the reserve either goes to the overhaul prior to sale or is divided based upon ownership percentage.

- Good fences make good neighbors. Have a meaningful process for securing first rights to use of the aircraft. Try to accumulate an ownership group with varying needs for the aircraft. For instance, for every owner that is primarily going to use for business during the week, have an owner that is primarily going to use for pleasure on the weekend. Determining how to split use on holidays will be critical.

- Ensure use of the plane by other members are not impacted by the divorce of another member. Good strategy can be a poison pill that makes ownership of the share by an ex-spouse not very attractive. But absolutely don't have terms that allow the ex spouse to screw with the others' lives.

- What is legal under part 91 doesn't mean it's safe. Agree on prohibited operations that may be legal but not the greatest idea. For example, night time VFR flights into/out of Aspen.

- Ensure that all partners remaining compliant with both FAA and DOT requirements when it comes to charging others to fly them. Make sure passengers understand this.....think ramp checks with your passengers answering questions without you present.

Not actually very complicated, but just cover your bases up front so that everyone is happy and satisfied and problems that can be addressed up front don't become unhappy confrontations.

Again....not an attorney....just things that experience has demonstrated are common and helpful

Have fun!
Guitarsoup
AG
I'm in as long as I can fly it regularly to Columbia and back.
4xAgs
AG
Certainly all good advice. We have most of that covered.
4xAgs
AG
Bump. Still looking for a partner.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.