Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coach Fran Selling Injury Reports for $1,200/yr

19,242 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by Cheerios
LestatBQ02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Calm down, Francis. I know you pride yourself as the military intelligence master and all, but lots of folks here think on your level regarding the insanely complex subject of Aggie Football.

Im not the one calling names, nor am i the one trying to call out people to defend Fran...

But hey, if it makes you feel better to try and throw out insults at folks who disagree with you, then you really have nothing left to say
LestatBQ02
quote:
The fact that the man is a lowlife scum, and is screwing over the same players that he's dividing the fans from, yeah, I think it's a big deal no matter what.

Of course, you (below-mediocrity loving sunshine pumpers) could just call us all bad Aggies like you always do.

Hey windy city...

Wheres your "calm down francis" advice to janags post?

Does your hypocrisy bother you?
Transatlantic Drawl
AG
I didn't realize these reports were such a big deal. I've seen a few of them this year (forwards, of course), but for the most part they've seemed pretty innocuous. Mostly good-bull anecdotes about what happened at practice. That said, I always wondered whether the few stray injury comments comported with HIPAA. I'm sure we'll soon find out.
Aston 91
AG
As previously mentioned, I think the two biggest issues here are: (1) BB was unaware of the letter; and (2) big time boosters are turning on Fran. Both increase the odds that Fran is gone at the end of the year, and therefore make this a good start to my Friday morning. Not sure if there are any real issues with disclosing injury reports privately, or contractual issues, but they certainly don't help Fran out, either.
Windy City Ag
AG
quote:
The fact that the man is a lowlife scum, and is screwing over the same players that he's dividing the fans from, yeah, I think it's a big deal no matter what.

Of course, you (below-mediocrity loving sunshine pumpers) could just call us all bad Aggies like you always do.

Calm down, Francis.
Windy City Ag
AG
There. Now I am equal opportunity.
LestatBQ02
quote:
There. Now I am equal opportunity.

Good boy!
FastAg
Right or wrong it makes him look bad. I now question his morale character to go along with his coaching abilities.
Die Hard
This information would have given certain boosters an edge in gambling. Even Fran should have figured this out.
BigAg95
AG
This sounds very sketchy to me, I think this could be a huge problem for Fran. I could see SI, ESPN, Costas, or Gumbel jumping all over him for this.
LestatBQ02
quote:
This information would have given certain boosters an edge in gambling. Even Fran should have figured this out.

I keep hearing folks repeat this...

Wouldnt any injury report give folks an "edge in gambling"? Which means that you are saying all the injury reports put out by any school or coach should be stopped because it could influence gambling?
OasisMan
AG
eh im fine with it
VikingNik
AG
[insert eating popcorn smiley]

Page 4...
AggieAccountant
AG

[This message has been edited by AggieAccountant (edited 9/28/2007 8:14a).]
saml1956
AG
When the kitchen is hot......
1. The media is looking at your every move to get a story.

2. You find out who is and isn't the friend you thought they were.

These thing sometime distract the clubhouse from football to talk about coach's issues and the like.

I hope Fran can keep the players focused on playing football, otherwise this could spin out of control.

We don't need any more blowouts, period ! A potential coaching change is enough turmoil for this team to handle.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd love to hear Kirk Elder's comments on this.
Ags77
AG
To quote Coach Gundy..."this just makes me want to PUKE!!!".

Get to work Dollar Bill.
sportsfreak1975
Guess we should have "paid" more attention to 97's post last month!!
Amarrc06
AG
Lets just hope that some of the powerful people getting the email are getting fed up.
jumanjimrs
AG
Frantastic!
Adam87inSA
AG
Fran is 100% about promoting Fran.

Not so much on making A&M Football a monster.

Fitting... that he's still bilking a little change from the Big Cigars that got him this sweet gig to begin with.

[This message has been edited by Adam87inSA (edited 9/28/2007 8:24a).]
Crew92Ag
AG
The hatred for Fran never ceases to amaze me.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did and BB didn't force him to stop. He was trying to do something for some serious boosters and used it to fund another venture that everyone has access to. The only reason he is stopping is because at least one of the subscribers has violated their CA and he is not willing to let his detailed information leak out to the general public.

As far as gambling goes, he is covered with the CA. He can not force people to abide by a contract. He can just take legal action after they don't.
ILuvAgLand
he's quite innovative
Professor
I thought we were all about integrity.

Personally, I'm ashamed of my Coach because of this. Whether he wins or loses, this report was wrong.

It is only going to get more ugly for him.
evermoreAg
AG
lestatbq said:

"Wouldnt any injury report give folks an "edge in gambling"? Which means that you are saying all the injury reports put out by any school or coach should be stopped because it could influence gambling?"

That's the point of making the information public so that everyone has the same info and the (gambling in this case) playing field is level. People are always hanging around teams, student managers, etc., trying to get an edge. Some just do it because they like to seem "in the know." Others are placing bets and if they know that Player X, for example, won't play on Saturday because the coach is mad at him, and if that info isn't public knowledge, they have a decided edge. And some of these "hangers on" either "make book" or provide info to people who do. And injury reports, etc., are very important to them.

The players (and I assume the coaches) attend periodic seminars on these subjects. That's why Fran's equivocation seems so disingenuous. And I don't buy the spin that this was all Mike's idea and Fran just signed off on it. That's bull.

[This message has been edited by evermoreAg (edited 9/28/2007 8:33a).]
Pure Aggie
AG
quote:
Wouldnt any injury report give folks an "edge in gambling"? Which means that you are saying all the injury reports put out by any school or coach should be stopped because it could influence gambling?

no, just the VIP 'insider' injury information which was not offered or made available to you, me, or the public.
Houston Lee
AG
I wonder if Fran would sell me a copy of the offensive playbook if I signed an agreement and gave him $2000?

That would be like paying $1000 per page.
aggietoolman
kevinmw55
Fran should make this information available to all loyal Ags...not just the ones with $millions
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Well now I'll just have to boo Fran louder on Saturday!

I'll BOO 'til Fran's through.
Booing, a proud Aggie tradition since 2006.
Potbangers save lives.
videoag98
AG

Truly I say this to you. Make me Aggie coach and this will never happen. This is true.
Houstonag
AG
This was a horrible decision on Fran's part. I am shocked. Even if other coach's were doing this around the country then they also have poor judgement. To think that this would not get to opponents is idiotic.
Pizza the Hut
AG
Other coaches do it it's just not as shady. I'm disappointed and embarrassed.
tbone421998
AG
quote:
Transatlantic Drawl

I didn't realize these reports were such a big deal. I've seen a few of them this year (forwards, of course), but for the most part they've seemed pretty innocuous. Mostly good-bull anecdotes about what happened at practice. That said, I always wondered whether the few stray injury comments comported with HIPAA. I'm sure we'll soon find out.
Since they were forwarded to you Transatlantic Drawl, why don't you post them so we can see what info is in them? After all you didn't sign a CA.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
nail

in

the

coffin

he's gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.