Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M belongs in the SEC

45,117 Views | 244 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ColoradoMooseHerd
Bigfoot In Aggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
West Point Aggie said:

A&M and tu are INSEPARABLE! That will never change!

//puts tape into VCR
FarmersFight95
AG
Always enjoy 10+ yr. old bumps...
ham98
HOLDEN, M.D. - the real rojo!
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Wow. Nice bump
Citizen Reign
Eyeballs said:

Where ever ut goes ATM goes, that's just a simple fact. SEC will never take us or any major school into the mix. The SEC would probably add a small team in a major market for TV deals and recruits.
LOL!
Doubledown 2447
AG
Cool read to me.
redd38
AG
Funny that people were worried about how strong the SEC East was at the time.
SEC Champs
AG
Holden MD was one of the best posters on TexAgs. Recruiting board has never been the same since he "left".
Human
AG
That's when the Zoo was bad.
Liquid Wrench
Wede01 said:

Holden MD was one of the best posters on TexAgs. Recruiting board has never been the same since he "left".
I wonder if he ever found Yell Practice.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Yell Practice is one of the worst posters in the history of TexAgs.
aggieaviator
AG
Lots of horrible takes on this thread. No suprise I don't see these user names around anymore.
chipotle
redd38 said:

*quickly scans thread for stupid stuff I might have said 9 years ago*

Oh hell yeah. Didn't post in thread.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
squirrelhunter said:

Why do some of you guys have such a hard on for the SEC?

Do you really want our athletic department to start a ten year slide into oblivion like Arkansas has done? Arkansas days as a major power ended the day they left the SWC because their recruiting grounds in Texas got left behind too.

We already have trouble competing against OU, OSU Tech and tu for the top Texas talent, so why should we open Texas up top SEC schools like Georgia, Florida and Tennessee that do not have a major presence here?

And what would being in the SEC do for us? Better TV contract? Sounds great, we could watch all of our teams get stomped by the SEC East and LSU just like Arkansas does.
haha
Meximan
squirrelhunter said:

Why do some of you guys have such a hard on for the SEC?

Do you really want our athletic department to start a ten year slide into oblivion like Arkansas has done? Arkansas days as a major power ended the day they left the SWC because their recruiting grounds in Texas got left behind too.

We already have trouble competing against OU, OSU Tech and tu for the top Texas talent, so why should we open Texas up top SEC schools like Georgia, Florida and Tennessee that do not have a major presence here?

And what would being in the SEC do for us? Better TV contract? Sounds great, we could watch all of our teams get stomped by the SEC East and LSU just like Arkansas does.
Meximan
DanishAggie said:

To be honest, I dont think we could hand with SEC teams. May be after 2 or 3 dominating season I will reconsider my statement!
Meximan
Tex117 said:

Quote:

tu would never join the SEC and I doubt we'd go anywhere without each other.

This is probably the most true statement made about conferences talk.

Holden, not that I know much about Florida anything, but UT/A&M's connection goes way beyond that of football. Perhaps more than the Florida schools. Also, Texans are by nature a firey/loyal bunch who would kick up more of a fuss if Texas and A&M were not in the same conference.

That being said....How sweet would it be not go to Kansas and head on to Alabama? Dear lord, I never would have graduated college.

SEC Champs
AG
^ For all you millennials out there, this is a glimpse of BAS in the post-Fran era.
Meximan
Johnsmith said:

We would not stand a chance in the SEC. We would be like baylor or mississippi state. They would destory us year after year.

APHIS AG
WizardofHawgz said:

The truth that hurts is that the U of A has dominated Aggie decade after decade after decade stretching back to the 40's. If you consider Arkansas a "bottom feeder" (and we are, by the way, fresh off a very exciting appearance in the SEC Championship game where we gave National Champions Florida a MUCH better game than Ohio State did), just imagine what would happen to the Aggies?

[This message has been edited by WizardofHawgz (edited 5/10/2007 6:31p).]
Not this "decade".
Meximan
I'm gonna hang up now n' listen.
smokeythebear
AG
Gigem314 said:

I think we'd have some very marketable and entertaining match-ups if we were in the SEC. Our hated rivalry with LSU, our old rivalry with Arkansas, plus Alabama and Auburn. But wow talk about a tough division. Plus keeping t.u. on our schedule and doing a 'Florida-Florida St' deal where we play at the end of the season but in different conferences.

That probably wouldn't be the best of decisions because given our program's current place I doubt we'd win ANY of those games.

But I do wish we could get a "border war" game going again with Arkansas or LSU. Either of those teams could easily be considered a 2nd rivalry given the history. Could be a very marketable and fun matchup.
Good stuff on here. I like how he called the Arkansas series 2 years before it kicked off
JTrainsBabyCousin
Greatest bump in TexAgs history?
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
chipotle said:

redd38 said:

*quickly scans thread for stupid stuff I might have said 9 years ago*

Oh hell yeah. Didn't post in thread.
Me too Lupe!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
It's fun to look back at these threads and see all the posters that were scared and "chicken" of going to the SEC.
HUDAT361
Holden M.D. .. didn't he get banned or something?
marble rye
AG
Who are the idiots starring all the anti-SEC posts from 2007?

Pathetic sips.
lead
HUDAT361 said:

Gnvc
RGLAG85
AG
cj774 said:

can we let this topic die?

Yes, yes we can now!
Ag4coal
Great bump
RGLAG85
AG
Midland Aggie said:

If we moved to SEC, that would be the end of TEXAGS.com and A&M Football
*potbangers would scream for a new coach every year and would grow in numbers.
*Riots on campus every year do to football program never getting over 500.
*Good coaches will not come to A&M due to pressure of fan base and previous coaches being replaced on an annual basis, thus never getting a chance to rebuild program.
*Football program collapses due to lack of interest and A&M becomes an Elite Basketball School.

[This message has been edited by Midland Aggie (edited 4/25/2007 9:18a).]

We still here?
maxnow21
This thread and bump is legendary
JCO 90'
AG
I never understood the love for the Big 12.

I was disappointed when the Ags didn't join the SEC in 2011, and thrilled when we did in 2012.
Nino Brown
bharris said:

I also wish we were in the SEC.

Most of you who are against this are looking at our program as we sit today; however, we would be an entirely different program in the SEC. Recruits would rather play against teams in the SEC than against the Big 12 North teams or against the Pac 10 if tu went there. We would dominate the rest of the State of Texas. We'd lose a few more recruits to the SEC schools, but it would be easier to tap into the fertile Louisana recruiting grounds. Some of our greatest players grew up in Louisiana. In my opinion, we would have the best natural recruiting base of all the SEC schools.

I wonder what the average attendence is for the SEC vs. the Big 12? I would bet that they have us beat by 15,000+.

Great baseball programs. Great basketball. Better material for some great "hotties" threads. (not that I read those threads - in case the wife is reading).

It will never happen.

[This message has been edited by bharris (edited 4/24/2007 8:48p).]
Tell me this guy is still around
AG
lead said:

HUDAT361 said:

Gnvc
WTF does that mean?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.