Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I need the SMU pic

52,956 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by Roger Kint
Hey Nav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree, totally.
hullaballoo12
what a great picture
jejdag
I was there, and remember that there were very few Ags who had a problem with how Mr. Hood acted. I seem to recall that the young man got job offers from old Ags. All this was before everyone's brains got addled by PC bullcrap.
Coachhorn
Shouldn't you have adults police your field rather than some irrational college students ?

Self defense against cheerleaders ? That would be hard to prove in court.
MW03
AG
seems to me that Hood should have dropped an assault and battery charge on SMU in civil court for the shoving by agents acting under their unbrella of authority.
BBYD09
AG
i actually think that pulling the saber saved that guys life. knowing the history of the corps do you think that he wouldnt have been rushed and attacked for shoving and hitting a member of the corps
tmr
quote:
It was a somewhat like the incident last football season, when the teasip band harassed and verbally abused an Aggie doing his duty, scooping up horse poop.

Is that the story now? I hadn't heard.

But I figured there was no way Aggies would inevitably accept responsibility for throwing horse crap on our band. Had to be our fault.
houstontexan
Jesus...please don't post that. you're embrassing the school, normal former students.
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
this picture needs to die and go away forever....

Ummm NO!
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
embarrassing... i'm sure corps guys think its real cool and all, but the majority of Aggies think its embarrassing and wish it would go away.

Not a single Aggie that I personally know! Only a few whiners on this thread!
houstontexan
most normal people wouldn't like that picture shown to represent their school...

texags doesn't represent most normal ags.
aeon-ag
the od pulled his saber first, before any words were exchanged, the saber is a deadly weapon, the end has enough of a point to be run through somene and be deadly,he could have been charged with assualt w/ a deadly weapon. a friend of mine was the od advisor for many years, he left that job the year before,they were told under no circumstances were they to pull their sabers! we looked like absolute fools!!!!!
besides what harm were the little prissy cheerleaders doing to the playing field to warrant someone pulling a saber on them.
jjdavis85
AG
What a great picture!Whoop! Only on texags are people lame enough to argue the moral implications of the situation.Texags is to "PC" and needs to find more important to things to whine about.

[This message has been edited by jjdavis85 (edited 2/6/2006 10:52a).]
W
AG
also...I think a lot of younger Ags don't realize how arrogrant SMU was back in the pony express (pre-death penalty) days, etc..,
houstontexan
i would have thought pic was really cool......

when i was 17. now that i'm an adult, its not the pic i want shopped around to portray my school. why'd the guy pull his sword? why not just physically confront whoever pushed you to the ground if you're really that pissed about it?

the whole thing sucks. amazing grown men still take pride in the whole incident, but whatever...
onehorn
So let me get this straight.

An Aggie (in the corp, supposedly training to be a soldier...right?)needs a sword to fight an SMU cheerleader(s)?

Wow, what a wuss. I'm pretty sure I could handle a "badass" bubble boy cheerleader or two w/ out the assistance of a sword.

The guy was a loser. Hopefully, he learned his lesson and went through life w/ out pulling any more swords on effeminate cheering tumblers.

[This message has been edited by onehorn (edited 2/6/2006 4:32p).]
daniel02
AG
One Horn, You say "an" but if you read with any attention to detail you would see that it was 6 - 8 (versions conflict between these two numbers.)

I'm a big fella, but I'm not going to take on 8 guys unarmed.
Objective Texasguy
This whole story brings out the worst in all of us.

OK, it was a dumb thing for this guy to do. He looks like a total jacka** and no matter the disputed circumstances, it was un-called for.

That said, the fact that anyone brings this up afer 20+ years is pretty embarrasing.

How some a**clown from the early 80's applies to anything in 2006 is beyond me.

Look, I am no SMU fan, but I'd be over this by now. Is there some statute of limitations on this stuff?

blackgloves
Objective:

Its called offseason. Boredom at a all new low
Crew07
Quit pulling out this PC bull****.

Acting like a bunch of *******.

And spare this 'holier than thou' attitude all of you apologists are laying out.
blackgloves
im not appologizing for anything.

If you are referring to me. We are all pretty bored this time of the year with "football"
Crew07
I'm referring to everyone on this thread that seems to be getting their collective panties in a wad over what the guy did.

You're worried about A&M's reputation? Who cares? If people don't like it they can go to another school. People that come to A&M do so because of its history and reputation as a school that stands firm with its values.

Instead of badmouthing this guy for acting in a fit of anger, be proud that he stood up to the idiots in defense of his school's beliefs. And if you don't think being tough and resiliant in the face of a problem are values of A&M, then you are mistaken...
blackgloves
Crew:

I more or less agree with you dead on.

Being a big Aggie and prior US Navy, I stand firm in my beliefs and have always been willing to do simular things.
Arms & LEGS
I don't stand up for "school beliefs" that embarrass our school and make us look like a bunch of hot head corps dorks.
truger83
AG
It sounds like about 10 people are embarassed. not quite the entire school.
Ag_of_08
AG
shoulda stuck him with the saber...

Proudest member of the Fightin Texas Aggie class of 08 Beat the h*** outa tu A-A-A-A-A!!!!. May bonfire forever burn in our hearts.....and may the Twelfth Man ever burn it in memory and in hope for the future.

Band.studentbonfire.org
Crew07
So you'd rather look like a giant ***** that takes immature crap from some cheerleaders?

Throwing crap at the UT band is embarassing, not retaliating for being physically messed with...
Arms & LEGS
looks like only the corps guys are the only ones in support of it...

so what you say... 1600 out of 45,000
truger83
AG
yeah.. right on.. except im not Corps. so i guess that makes it 1601.

[This message has been edited by truger83 (edited 2/6/2006 6:54p).]

[This message has been edited by truger83 (edited 2/6/2006 6:55p).]
Crew07
I'm not in the Corps and I have no issue with it...

Nice generalization, by the way...
Ag_of_08
AG
personaly Im not a corps guy and i think its a hillarious picture.

I also found what that pisshead did with the horse crap was funny. Im sick of the pc "Oh my god, someone might not like it, so we shouldnt do it" attitude. I ever meet either one of em in a bar the drinks are on me.

Get over yourself. If you wanna be PC go down the road to austin with the little hippie proff that called the us a "terrorist state"

Proudest member of the Fightin Texas Aggie class of 08 Beat the h*** outa tu A-A-A-A-A!!!!. May bonfire forever burn in our hearts.....and may the Twelfth Man ever burn it in memory and in hope for the future.

Band.studentbonfire.org

[This message has been edited by Ag_of_08 (edited 2/6/2006 6:55p).]
truger83
AG
1603 and counting.
FAST FRED
AG
Not to compare maroon apples with burnt oranges, but what that OD or the poop scooper did at Kyle Field doesn't personify, quantify or represent Texas A&M or Aggies, just as what Charles Whitman did from the tower doesn't stand for teasips and tu.

Errors in judgement and bad sh*t happen everywhere, authorities just have to anticipate, plan and act quickly as best they can.

Add a little common sense and courtesy to more thoughtful preparation on both sides and we can all relax and enjoy the rivalry.

Gig 'em, FAST FRED '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.

[This message has been edited by FAST FRED (edited 2/6/2006 7:16p).]
AgNav93
AG
Well said...well said.
jumpmaster93
quote:
He and one cheerleader were face to face arguing about it when another cheerleader snuck up and got on his hands and knees right behind the OD.

The first cheerleader then quickly pushed the OD backwards so that he fell to the ground over the cheerleader who was on all fours behind him.

many a forth grader have succomed to that one over the years

owning a real sabre myself-- I could beat the crap out of you with it- and run you thru with it and its dull as can be-- don't be ignorant about what can be considered a deadly weapon-- a billy club cab get you thrown into jail--why not a sword

[This message has been edited by jumpmaster93 (edited 2/7/2006 2:07a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.