Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What does P1 mean?

50,863 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by jj9000
AgLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of you Ticket listeners know?
TexasAggie_97
AG
It's a term used to describe a person who always listens to "The Ticket". Basically this is a person who can list off the hosts of all the shows, knows when they are on and generally always has this station on when in the car. I hope this helps.
Mattag
A P1 is a Ticket listener that listens to Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket almost exclusively, a listener who spends more time with Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket than any other station. (That's straight off the ticktionary) If you don't know what a P1 is, you aren't one...get listenin'!!
Gig-Em03
Ok, I'll be nice and answer.

P1 stands for Preset 1. As in, the Ticket is your first preset station and your radio never strays from it.

AgGrad99
AG
P1 isn't a "Ticket" term.....it's a radio term used to describe someone who is tuned in exclusively to a particular station.

Aggie_Eric98
AG
I just think that, ummmmm, yeah.
Frisco - Ag
AG
priority one.

Snake
Will02
corra
GoodAg
AG
"Bloody pants sez I love you!"
Rock90
AG
Hey all you G3's.
tuaca93
AG
Hey P1s...have good....and get give.

corra.
RAB88
AG
aggrad99,
you might want to let the ticket guys know that because they claim it for themselves and bashed another radio station up north for using the term P1 for their listeners.

Gig-Em03
they bashed 'em for having virtually the same logo, website, and content - using P1 just proved it even further that they ripped off the Ticket
sixiron
AG
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=P1

quote:
1. P1

Die-hard, tottally dedicated listener to KTCK, 1310, the Ticket SportsRadio in Dallas, Texas.
AgGrad99
AG
RAB---

The ticket uses it to describe their listeners on-air. I don't know of many radio stations that do that. So maybe that is what they have a complaint about (and the station copying multiple other things).

However, P1 is a RADIO term used to describe listeners that listen to 1 station almost exclusively.
Rock90
AG
RAB88,

It used to be a "radio-only" term that they used inside radio stations, but it was never used on the air. When Rhyner et al wanted to start using it on the air, they were told by their then-producer (hey buddy!) that it would be lost on the listner and never catch on. They did it anyway and it stuck.

So while they didn't invent the term, they were the first to use it on the air as a way to refer to their listners, so when another radio station in DFW started doing the same, they did have a legitimate beef.
Tree Hugger
AG
I mean, if you tell people horse crap is peanut butter long enough, they're gonna eat it.
GoodAg
AG
"The puppy faces have a deck of cards that can't make me fly like they used to..."

"I love you, Cat. I love you..."
bdenby
AG
"CAT MAN OF THE AMERICAS"

"F-You Corby"

Kramer: "Well I must say, this all sounds capricious and arbitrary."

Dean Jones: "Your fly is undone."
AW 1880
AG
It is a parking garage term:

quote:
P1 (n.) - The first level of a parking garage.
Bob Ross
How many of y'all have the ticket as your first preset on both AM and FM? Those are the only two presets I even have in my car. My battery died about 6 months ago and those 1310 and 104.1 are the only two presets that I ever bothered to put back in.
AW 1880
AG
I have it as my sixth preset, but its only because my presets have to go in order from lowest frequency to highest.
tuaca93
AG
corra.
PlanoGuy
quote:
you might want to let the ticket guys know that because they claim it for themselves and bashed another radio station up north for using the term P1 for their listeners.
Wrong, even last night Grego stated that P1 was a radio industry term and not a Ticket term.

“Now that we’ve lost to OU four times in a row, it has gotten huge. But it’s really not about me.” Mack Brown at the 2004 Big XII Media Day

"I'm responsible for this team, so if we lose it's my responsibility" Mack Brown after 5th straight loss to OU
Frisco - Ag
AG
Fry Street
HeyMoe
AG
"If ya got big boobs lemme hear from ya."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GoodAg
AG
"Git them clothes off b%$ch!"

"That theory cannot be proven!"
LancelotLink
P1 means your brain hasn't left the lowest level of an underground parking garage and you prove it by constantly listening to the @ss whip that is the Ticket. But hey, if you can relate to the effeminate agenda and constant homo-erotic dialog then go for it ... brotha.

[This message has been edited by LancelotLink (edited 12/16/2004 4:51p).]
GoodAg
AG
quote:
P1 means your brain hasn't left the lowest level of an underground parking garage and you prove it by constantly listening to the @ss whip that is the Ticket. But hey, if you can relate to the effeminate agenda and constant homo-erotic dialog then go for it ... brotha.

Gee, thanks for playing, Mr. Galloway!
CUwhenitburns04
Thats the one good thing about graduating & leaving CS. I get to listen to the ticket in my vehicle again! I still stream if on the computer all the time though.
critz
LancelotLink used a ticket term to bash the ticket. Greatness!

Haz-Mat Uniform.
Gringo Honeymoon
AG
any hot biyatches?
HeyMoe
AG
Galloway = Grandpa Urine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GoodAg
AG
We can do what you do. You can't do what we do.

Captain Doo-Doo!
thriller03
AG
"alright...THAT'S IT!!! that's it..."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.