Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

C+ for road win???

4,361 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 54 sec ago by JournoAG
gaudiz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
College football grades: Georgia gets an 'A+', Texas A&M earns 'C+' in Week 8 report card

Are you serious? It wasn't a comfortable win but was a double-digit road win, NOT a OT home win. Then tu got C ???
The road victory wasn't enough to move us up from AP #14?? What about the neutral-site victory against Arkansas a few weeks ago? We fell out of the top 25 once.
The whole CFP system and media are biased towards us.

TexasRebel
AG
gaudiz said:

College football grades: Georgia gets an 'A+', Texas A&M earns 'C+' in Week 8 report card

Are you serious? It wasn't a comfortable win but was a double-digit road win, NOT a OT home win. Then tu got C ???
The road victory wasn't enough to move us up from AP #14?? What about the neutral-site victory against Arkansas a few weeks ago? We fell out of the top 25 once.

WGAS?
zgolfz85
AG
Yeah, the journalist is a clown. I'd give us a B- in either case though. Without those 2 picks and without giving up that effortless first drive score, easily an A, especially since the margin of victory would've been much higher.
Johnny Boyziel 2
AG
He gave Georgia a C- for their win against Mississippi state last week.
FriscoKid
AG
TexasRebel said:

gaudiz said:

WGAS?

I do damnit. We were #14 last week too. But, I want to rant against a made up scorecard where I thought I saw something that made me mad.
Guy12
Yeah the rankings are biased. It's how they start the season with ranked teams despite nobody having a record. And they don't rewrite it after game one, people move up and down according to the bias based on the rankings they started with. That'll change some when the CFP rankings come out. But they'll still be biased. We learned that the hard way in 2020.

But we also started three straight years with Jimbo at #6 or above, and yet we did nothing with it. So it's hard for me to complain about it at this point. We've had year after year of lofty expectations by both us as fans and the media and didn't live up to it. I'm not going to say I never complain about rankings, but doing it at this point seems silly to me.
aggiebird02
We have LSU this week; who cares about rankings right now!?!
Ervin Burrell
AG
Imagine caring about this.
aggiebird02
aggiebird02 said:

We have LSU this week; who cares about rankings right now!?!
Edit: To clarify: I'm just saying, if we lose at home against LSU it doesn't matter if we are #14 or top 10.

BMX Bandit
Solid C
aggiefan09
AG
I thought it was a B effort especially given our history of coning out of a bye week flat and laying an egg against a beatable opponent
Moral High Horse
C+ is pretty good
90ags
Didn't read, generally agree as we made a fresh QB look better than he should have and was sleep walking on defense in the first half (missed tackles, lack of intensity, etc.). Assuming he's basing it on a 5-1 team who was 15-20 pt favorite vs. a 1-5 team. Did we play down to our opponent (if so, then culture still has a ways to go).

A win is still all you need and a chance to review/fix/improve, therefore grade do not matter.

Rankings do not matter either at this point (we showed nothing to move up and others 'looked' better on TV last weekend whether we liked it or not).
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
TXAG 05
AG
Yes it was a SEC road game, but it was against the worst team in the league and we only won by 10, and the game was a lot closer than the score.
PA24
AG
Kind of a back handed compliment if you ask me.

Thinks we are under achieving and he might be right with just two years removed from the greatest class ranking of all time. We should be a steam roller machine, smashing would be contenders with authority.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
Maybe the writer read Texags before handing out his grade. Oh wait, if that had been the case, it would've been F-
Deus Vult
What did that journalist rate the Aggies after the Missouri win? They didn't play near as well against State as they did against Missouri, use that as a gauge before getting all ruffled up.
NoHo Hank
AG
I think a C+ / B- score is reasonably fair. I know I've been complaining about the officiating, I genuinely think they accounted for a 14 point swing in that game. All else being equal, fairer officiating and we win that 41-17. That said, a big part of the reason it would have been that lopsided is because MSU couldn't take advantage of mistakes we made. We were far from clean. Against a mediocre MSU team, we needed to play at a B-/C+ level to win and that's pretty much exactly what happened.
hsjnlssmith89
AG
Under the radar is a good place to be right now. Keep a low profile!!
Mule
AG
Fair grade....We did not play with intensity on D until the second half. The O line
struggled to open running lanes consistently, the secondary gave up big plays again, Ms State
outgained us in total offense and Connor threw two picks (could've been four easily).

Texas Aggies
greg.w.h
AG
The only grade that matters is W. If we take another loss we likely will be at best an away seed in the first round. Of course that changes year to year. He's got an agenda. Probably protecting his masters at the Bg Ten.
EclipseAg
AG
Guy12 said:

We've had year after year of lofty expectations by both us as fans and the media and didn't live up to it.
Right. Until we can break through and destroy the "underachiever" label, these slights will continue.
CapCity12thMan
AG
good to know our C+ play has us 6-1 and top of the SEC
Viper16
AG
gaudiz said:

Actually.......lol......I think he was correct in his analysis about us!

Where he missed, was with his analysis of tu.......tu got their azzz handed to them!

The media is having withdrawals about it. They can't believe what their eyes tell them. They have wanted tu to be #1 since joining the SEC.

The Georgia/tu game proved that they are not a top 10 team......probably in the 10-20 range.

They were given a C (lol) instead of an F........They Failed to win......an F!

C+ was probablly about right for us.......

#FJB

Lex Talionis

Trump/Vance 2024 Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))
AgLA06
AG
TexasRebel said:

gaudiz said:

WGAS?
All the same people that tried to tell you rankings matter.

Whether people are smart enough to figure it out, perception (especially media perception) really matters.
greg.w.h
AG
Winning matters more than perception. If we are putting ourselves on the bubble and expecting special treatment our history argues against receiving it.
Furlock Bones
AG
Mississippi St is a much better team now than they were when they started the season. if their coach can keep the spirits and intensity up, they will win games to close the season and look very good for next year. Van Buren is a really good player that will get better with each game.
Charlie 31
AG
If Mississippi State's secondary and linebackers knew how to catch footballs the final score would not have been in our favor and our grade would have been an F. Weigman flirted with disaster on Saturday with numerous throws that could have been picked off by the State D but were thankfully dropped by the Bulldogs.
AggieRob93
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Yes it was a SEC road game, but it was against the worst team in the league and we only won by 10, and the game was a lot closer than the score.
Worst team in the league is on the north side of the Red River.

Game was not closer than the score, but winning only by 10 was concerning.
BartInLA
Vandy will get a "B+" win over tu. Mainly it will be an expected "upset."
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Double digit road sec win. I call that an A
AgLA06
AG
AggieRob93 said:

TXAG 05 said:

Worst team in the league is on the north side of the Red River.

Game was not closer than the score, but winning only by 10 was concerning.
Doesn't seem to be an issue for Georgia.

Some of these takes on here are special.
amercer
AG
If Miss St defense could catch a football it would have been an F-…..
rootube
AG
SEC road wins start as an A. We can play better but last weekend it was good enough to make this week a huge game. I love it that nobody believes in us right now.
SA68AG
AG
The spread was 20 and we won by 10. Who would give a A or even a B for that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.