Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

C+ for road win???

4,280 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by SteveA
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would have liked a larger margin of victory, but I am glad for a 6th consecutive win, including two straight SEC road wins by double digits. The spread increased from 15 points at the begging of the week to 21 points at the end of the week. Our defense allowed two fourth down conversions on Mississippi State's opening drive and 17 first half points before tightening up in the second half. Also, Mississippi State outgained us 367 total yards (242 passing and 125 rushing) to 354 total yards (217 passing and 135 rushing) and won the turnover margin 2 to 1. Yet, we still managed to win this road game by 10 points. Georgia beat Mississippi State by the same margin in Athens a week earlier. For these reasons, I think a B- would be the most reasonable grade.
SteveA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With that amount of talent we have, and the ineptitude of State so far this year, everyone expected a bigger win, after the Mizzou game. But this game is more telling of where we are than the shellacking of an over ranked Mizzou. C is about right. We let them stay in the game too long and couldn't get our running game going. I think it's a bit skewed since they went for it on 4th down every time, but that strategy has worked against us in the past (see App State), but it was working against our defense.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.