Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The sec hands down it's punishment for Texas

7,970 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Shoefly!
antman8504
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They should have made an example out of them and said no alcohol sales for the rest of the year
Pumpkinhead
AG
_mpaul said:

45-70Ag said:

"Be required to use all available resources, including security, stadium and television video, to identify individuals who threw objects onto the playing field or at the opposing team. All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Texas Athletics events for the remainder of the 2024-25 academic and athletic year;"
That's pretty good, I think, although hard to make sure tu follows through on that obligation. I want an affidavit from a sip representive.
Well, they are going to have to at least throw a few of their fans to the wolves. They are not going to be able to say 'we couldn't identify anyone'. Some folks are going to pay the price, looks like not only no more football games but good-bye hoops and baseball also if they enjoyed going to those.
newbie11
I'm guessing no one will be identified.
agent-maroon
AG
newbie11 said:

Then the SEC should suspend alcohol sales for all conference games in all sports and see if that motivates anonymous witnesses to come forward.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Luke The Drifter
AG
agent-maroon said:

newbie11 said:

Then the SEC should suspend alcohol sales for all conference games in all sports and see if that motivates anonymous witnesses to come forward.

It won't.

Texas won't identify anyone, just like Tennessee didn't identify anyone last year, just like no one else in the conference will ever be able to identify anyone when something like this happens in the future.

This isn't a "SEC loves Texas" thing. We all hate the Horns around here...I get it. But not *everything* is a conspiracy theory to give the folks in Austin a leg up on everyone else.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
agent-maroon
AG
I never really thought that it would motivate anybody and cared not either way. I mostly want them to lose the alcohol sales revenue TBH.

Why? Because **** them that's why.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Johnsy3
AG
agent-maroon said:

newbie11 said:

combat wombat™
AG
The good folks of TexAgs should scour all available video sources and provide screenshots to assist in the identification of these hoodlums.
TAZ99
AG
newbie11 said:

The SEC will have a quota for the number of names they want. The sips will come up with a list of 30-40 registered student names that have never attended a tu game in their lives to satisfy this requirement. Nothing will be checked, no one will care about any of it in a week.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
combat wombat said:

The good folks of TexAgs should scour all available video sources and provide screenshots to assist in the identification of these hoodlums.

If the FBI can identify, hunt down and prosecute hundreds of random people based on video from Jan 6th and public's tips, surely the TexAgs community can cross reference game video and social media accounts to hold the violent offenders of October 19th accountable.
agent-maroon
AG
combat wombat said:

Outdoor Board could have these miscreants identified and banned from SEC sporting events by week's end. Turn them loose!
waco_aggie05
AG
rab79 said:

spherical said:

rab79 said:

As minimal as they could make it.

It's pre-written by laws… to do anything else they'd have to justify it was worse than what the by law calls out…

I see you didn't read the release, alcohol sales were on the table but were not pulled "at this time".

I will say I went and watched the Tennessee violation and consider the Vols violation to be worse. They were directly throwing objects at the Ole Miss team and tu did not (from what I saw)
Sgt. Schultz
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

rab79 said:

spherical said:

rab79 said:

It's pre-written by laws… to do anything else they'd have to justify it was worse than what the by law calls out…

I see you didn't read the release, alcohol sales were on the table but were not pulled "at this time".

I will say I went and watched the Tennessee violation and consider the Vols violation to be worse. They were directly throwing objects at the Ole Miss team and tu did not (from what I saw)
Must be something about the color orange that warps one's mind.
I know NOTHING!!!!
Ags4DaWin
rab79 said:

This.

One year for that bull**** is laughable.
The Zookeeper
AG
If the SEC were in fact serious ... they'd start with the Ban of Alcohol and then make them earn it back with satisfactory completion of the punishment (identifying the perps and banning). The number of banned should be roughly close to the number of bottles and debris on the turf.

The assessed SEC penalty isn't really corrective discipline. Harsher response to begin with best deters future behavior.

Personally, I feel on-field yardage penalties should also be strictly assessed when this happens ... in any case/event. Make any fool with this behavior understand that they are further hurting their team. We'd all see real quickly this crap go away.
  • Offenders would think twice and refrain to some degree from being their classless self
  • Universities would make a TRUE effort to rid themselves of these scum in the stands
  • The fans would self-govern this behavior to some degree.
agent-maroon
AG
The Zookeeper said:

If the SEC were in fact serious ... they'd start with the Ban of Alcohol and then make them earn it back with satisfactory completion of the punishment (identifying the perps and banning).
This!

Kind of feels like the SEC is going light on punishment to soften the negative feedback from letting these asshats into the conference in the first place. Not a good look to have to severely punish the newest addition for behaving this badly after only 3 conference games and thousands of warnings that this is what they should've expected. I'm sure that they're hoping that there isn't any more acting out and that most fans will forget about it.

My prediction - Georgia game is just the initial salvo of sip vs the SEC. Same as it ever was.
usmcbrooks
combat wombat said:

Take it to the outdoor board.
Shoefly!
AG
agent-maroon said:

I never really thought that it would motivate anybody and cared not either way. I mostly want them to lose the alcohol sales revenue TBH.

Why? Because **** them that's why.

That was my thought too, hurt them in the pocketbook. Get the Liquor Control Board involved and override the Admin & Sec. any Ags high up on LCB?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.