Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Worst calls at Kyle Field?

4,448 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by aeon-ag
maroon man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
#Mke said:

It's been 10 years and LSU is still offsides
LMAO

Sterling82
Aggie97 said:

How about some calls in Lubbock. I think i remember a PI called on us to set up winning TD in the late 80's and in '95 there was a fumble return for a TD that was called back saying the QB was down when he was standing straight up. We ended up losing 14-7 on a late Zac Thomas Interception return for a TD.

This is second on my list. What made it so egregious, if I remember correctly, is the referee, who was on the spot, didn't make the call. The back judge who was a mile away did.
Southlake
Great, now after reading this I'm pissed off…
"Real skill comes without effort" - Mu Bai
Bryanisbest
AG
Texas 1963
Calls that went Against Mizzou 2 calls equally bad
Horse coller Ags vs Auburn
GrapevineAg
AG
Aggie97 said:

How about some calls in Lubbock. I think i remember a PI called on us to set up winning TD in the late 80's and in '95 there was a fumble return for a TD that was called back saying the QB was down when he was standing straight up. We ended up losing 14-7 on a late Zac Thomas Interception return for a TD.
Yes! The '89 game in Lubbock was pure robbery. We hit the QB and recovered the fumble. The referee, Loyd Dale, said he was down by contact prior to the fumble - utter BS. Loyd Dayle had gone to school at Tceh. It still amazes me that refs could work games despite their conflicts of interest.

Link: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/10/07/Texas-Tech-27-Texas-AM-24/7007623736000/

aggiebrad94
AG
Do y'all not understand the assignment?

It's bad calls AT Kyle Field.

Todd Blythe committed several offensive pass interferences on his record breaking day against us.
Aggie64
AG
tu in 1963!!!
Agsttt
It wasn't impactful, but the missed hold that allowed Missouri's only touchdown this year seems like it should've been pretty hard to miss.
Agsttt
rootube said:

Didn't the refs pick up a PI on us in the Mizzou game this year? That was an incredibly costly penalty for them. I think Mizzou also had a TD called back for blocking downfield. I wonder if the Mizzou board has a mob claiming we bought the refs?

A&M was the more penalized team in that game. Plus, that crew missed an egregious hold that allowed Missouri's only touchdown and they called a 100% contact free PI against A&M that negated a pick.
GrapevineAg
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

Do y'all not understand the assignment?

It's bad calls AT Kyle Field.

Todd Blythe committed several offensive pass interferences on his record breaking day against us.
Ok thread police
AggieMD95
AG
Bonfired said:

Not so recent, but PI call on 4th down vs Arkansas in 1989.

Still hurts
AggieMD95
AG
LukeDuke said:

Phantom personal foul extending the tu game winning drive in 2011.

Call made by Jay Taylor (shown in at least one photo wearing a sip hoodie…and his son went to tu). He's now Fire Chief in Pearland.

Horrendous
wisdom
AG

1:06 to go, 4th Quarter

Called "Out of bounds"

If you highlight everything,...... you have highlighted nothing.
In reply to
AG
spherical said:

Missed… I mean blatantly ignored, AUB horse collar on Johnny

I'll never forget being in the student section for that one. Not only was it clearly a horse collar, but it was the kind that's the reason the rule exists in the first place to protect players. It was unbelievable how they missed that call.
BarnacleBill
AG
It was unbelievable how they missed ignored that call - FIFY
Ref was RIGHT there
BarnacleBill
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

spherical said:

Missed… I mean blatantly ignored, AUB horse collar on Johnny

Those are the ref's feet just out of bounds at the top
MosesHallDeadPot94
On a side note, those uniforms from '89 were a thing of beauty. Loved the large Block T on the helmets.
Class of 65
AG
1963 thae A @ M interception of the ut pass in the endzone rulled out of bounds. The A @ M player slid 3 yds in the mud before being called out of bounds. tu needed a national championship and the refs gave it to them
wisdom
AG
Class of 65 said:

1963 thae A @ M interception of the ut pass in the endzone rulled out of bounds. The A @ M player slid 3 yds in the mud before being called out of bounds. tu needed a national championship and the refs gave it to them
I was at the game (yes, I am old, '71). I was 14 with family members including my Dad, '42. It was an obvious give-away.

If you highlight everything,...... you have highlighted nothing.
rab79
AG
rootube said:

Didn't the refs pick up a PI on us in the Mizzou game this year? That was an incredibly costly penalty for them. I think Mizzou also had a TD called back for blocking downfield. I wonder if the Mizzou board has a mob claiming we bought the refs?

If the tu pi on the interception wasn't pi then the flag that was picked up against Mizzou certainly wasn't pi, the circumstances were almost identical except we didn't make an interception. When the OL is blocking 5 yards down field the DB's come up to defend the run which is what happened leaving the receiver wide open. You think they should be rewarded for that deception?
aeon-ag
aggiejim70 said:

All of these were terrible calls, but you can add them all up and together they wouldn't equal the interception that wasn't in the '63 t.u. game.
I remember that one, I think it was the worst!!The photo in the Batt showed it was an obvious interception!!! It would have knocked tu out of #1.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.