Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Worst calls at Kyle Field?

4,454 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by aeon-ag
redundant_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Temper tantrum thrown by the sip student section tonight vs uga was ridiculous. Looked like an entitled group of people were denied their usual bs calls. Though we occasionally have our own regrettable student section moments, in honor of this embarassing display what would you say are the worst calls at kyle field that you can remember? (in which trash did not rain down on the field)

Off the top of my head, in relatively recent history, I recall the LSU missed offsides call/kyle allen pick, and the clemson pylon controversy
Bonfired
AG
Not so recent, but PI call on 4th down vs Arkansas in 1989.
LukeDuke
AG
Pylon - Clemson
LukeDuke
AG
Phantom personal foul extending the tu game winning drive in 2011.

Call made by Jay Taylor (shown in at least one photo wearing a sip hoodie…and his son went to tu). He's now Fire Chief in Pearland.
Not Coach Jimbo
LukeDuke said:

Call made by Jay Taylor (shown in at least one photo wearing a sip hoodie…and his son went to tu). He's now Fire Chief in Pearland.

I thought Chrystal was involved with that one?

Potato potato tomato tomato i suppose.
Kansas Kid
Not calling the fumble against LSU a few years ago on the kick return that would have sealed the game.
dixichkn
AG
Kansas Kid said:

Not calling the fumble against LSU a few years ago on the kick return that would have sealed the game.
Not at Kyle Field. But still a f'ing highway robbery
Gil Renard
AG
Phantom PI 2013 Bama erased 21-0 turned into 14-7 let them back in game

2014 LSU holding and no call offsides
spherical
AG
Missed… I mean blatantly ignored, AUB horse collar on Johnny
lagoag
Yeah, all of those calls were bad but never have our fans been as trashy like tu's was last night. And on top of that after the refs reversed the call they should have thrown a penalty for unsportsmanship on the fans. That was beyond ridiculous.
BrownDeerAggie
AG
1982 SMU game. Aggie RB leaps over stack at the goal line on 4th down and vaults into the end zone and lands three yards past the goal line. Momentum not slowed at all. Refs rule him down at the top of stack and actually spot the ball ON the goal line. SMU snaps the ball from their own goal line! Most obvious cheat I ever saw. Jackie's first season and refs were clearly protecting $MU's title hopes.
Psalm 42:1
Cibalo
Missed horse-collar call on Johnny
Aggie
AG
Bonfired said:

Cost us a trip to cotton bowl and ref that threw that flag lived in Little Rock, Arkansas
jteAg
one of the worst calls I can remember, was the unnecessary roughness penalty/late hit called on A&M
(the last TU game, on Thanksgiving 2011). Led to winning FG by TU on last play of game.
zephyr88
AG
Auburn Horse Collar
zephyr88
AG
Swamp Kitties were offsides
aggiejim70
AG
All of these were terrible calls, but you can add them all up and together they wouldn't equal the interception that wasn't in the '63 t.u. game.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
rootube
AG
Didn't the refs pick up a PI on us in the Mizzou game this year? That was an incredibly costly penalty for them. I think Mizzou also had a TD called back for blocking downfield. I wonder if the Mizzou board has a mob claiming we bought the refs?
12Power
Agree with the 2011 t.u call by sweatshirt ref to set them up for the win,
No calls sucked also. AUBURN horse collar right in front of the ref, LSU defensive end 2 yards across the line of scrimmage before ball snap on last play of game. Kyle Allen thought he had a free play.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
spherical said:

Sterling82
Bonfired said:

This was the worst I've ever seen in my life and it gave Arkansas the game and the SWC title.
#Mke
AG
It's been 10 years and LSU is still offsides
W
AG
the picked up P.I. flag was in the 1st quarter opening drive

the Arkansas P.I. (1989) and Auburn horsecollar (2013) were in the final minutes / seconds of the game
Sefton
Sterling82 said:

Bonfired said:

This was the worst I've ever seen in my life and it gave Arkansas the game and the SWC title.
I was going to post this, but I see we already have a few who agree.
I was at this game right in front of where it happened. Stands went crazy pissed off.
Gave Arkansas a first down inside Aggie 10 or so.
Larry Horton was the Ag it was called against and he made a great play. B.S. call.
Martin Cash
AG
Aggie said:

Bonfired said:

Cost us a trip to cotton bowl and ref that threw that flag lived in Little Rock, Arkansas
And played for Arkansas.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Bonfired said:

GrapevineAg
AG
Martin Cash said:

Aggie said:

Bonfired said:

And played for Arkansas.
And was a 2- or 3-year letterman.
A is A
AG
12Power said:

Agree with the 2011 t.u call by sweatshirt ref to set them up for the win,
No calls sucked also. AUBURN horse collar right in front of the ref, LSU defensive end 2 yards across the line of scrimmage before ball snap on last play of game. Kyle Allen thought he had a free play.

These three. All game ending. The fuel for BAS
SunrayAg
AG
Bonfired said:

Winner wins the conference and goes to the cotton bowl.

We stopped them on 4th down... game over.

But, there's a flag thrown and a bogus pass interference on a defender who literally did not touch the receiver until after the ball arrived. The pigs scored right after that and won.

The flag was thrown by an Arkansas alumni.

That was the worst ever at Kyle.

The 95 game at Lubbock was the worst overall.
Dawnguard
AG
One
Point
Safety
BarnacleBill
AG
I think these were all mentioned, but here's my personal hall of shame of critical bad calls at Kyle. Listed in order of outrage starting with the worst...

1989 Arky - phantom pass interference. Directly cost us the SWC championship and Cotton Bowl berth
2011 tu - phantom personal foul
2013 Auburn - JFF horse collar
2018 Clemson - pylon TD that wasn't

It was before my time, but the 1963 tu overturned end zone interception was supposedly the worst of all, and directly allowed tu's first title.
Bob Kelso
AG
LukeDuke said:

Not only that, but the man used his own NAME as a handle on Texags and literally talked **** to us frequently. He was an avid A&M hater and happened to ref against us. A blatant and obvious bias. Dude went quiet the next day after we figured out who he was.

Aggie97
AG
How about some calls in Lubbock. I think i remember a PI called on us to set up winning TD in the late 80's and in '95 there was a fumble return for a TD that was called back saying the QB was down when he was standing straight up. We ended up losing 14-7 on a late Zac Thomas Interception return for a TD.
McInnis80
I don't know the date, but I do recall that LSU is still off side.
Aggie Dad 26
P.H. Dexippus said:

spherical said:

Came here to post this
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.