Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Opinion of Elko if we lose to Miss St

2,394 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 38 min ago by MaroonStain
gunan01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How would your opinion of Elko and this regime change if we lose to Miss St? Thinking about this in comparison to Bama, who was so high on DeBoer after the UGA game, and much less so after Vandy.

If we lose, it would feel like more of the same as under Jimbo and Sumlin. Starting strong then starting the fade in the second half of the season.
Aggie Dad 26
My opinion would change drastically.
He's got a team that's much better than Mississippi St. If Toledo can beat Misissippi St, Elko better
vander54
S
Won't change at all. Year 1 coaches pretty much get a pass for most things.
World's worst proofreader
2ndGen87
AG
Personally, I think this will be a tough game. Team has been inconsistent on offense. State is way better than their record.

My opine on Elko is it is year 1, game 7. He deserves more time win or lose. Saban lost to UL Monroe.

He seeems to have the team going in the right direction in a big way. I feel more hopeful than under Fisher or Sumlin.
Aggie Dad 26
vander54 said:

Good Lord
JPK89
AG
vander54 said:

Wow. Loser mentality here or just plain old BAS?!??

Either way, couldn't disagree more.
Who?mikejones!
Never change texags
greg.w.h
AG
My opinion? Iffy hire confirmed…bad administration confirmed…though Welsh is definitely bold and bold people take swings.

Trev no better or worse but gets a lot of credit if we continue winning. He and Elko are both competitors.

The TMF gets credit for holding the bag for the first tranche of the buyout. But former students who lobbied for the firing deserve a raspberry if they don't fund the rest of the tranches by giving more to the TMF and NIL to replace the funds committed.
NoahAg
"Oh no! We suck again!"
JustisWalkert
AG
MS will have seven players out and two questionable
vander54
S
JPK89 said:

vander54 said:

Wow. Loser mentality here or just plain old BAS?!??

Either way, couldn't disagree more.

Neither but ok.
TyperWoods
gunan01 said:

How would your opinion of Elko and this regime change if we lose to Miss St? Thinking about this in comparison to Bama, who was so high on DeBoer after the UGA game, and much less so after Vandy.

If we lose, it would feel like more of the same as under Jimbo and Sumlin. Starting strong then starting the fade in the second half of the season.

I would be disappointed, but my opinion of Elko wouldn't change much in one game.

As for Bama, they are tu attitude with actual accomplishments to back that attitude up the last 15 years, unlike the sips who have 1 championship in the last 50 years.

Noctilucent
AG
I'm suspecting quite the opposite of most posters on this thread. Yes, historically we fold our tent anywhere near Mississippi, ole or state, but I can't help but think Elko's gonna have them a bit more ready than past years. How many thought we'd do as well against mizzou? Pipe dream? Maybe. We'll see.
Sweating BulletS
I will still support him but be pi$$ed off. And hope he fixes the problem and the Aggies keep rolling.
Maroon Flash
AG
"Suspecting quite the opposite of most posters on this thread."

We give MSU a solid whipping tomorrow. Yes I know they put 31 on Georgia but we are a better TEAM than Georgia. Everybody is going to learn that as season progresses.
Maroon Flash
vander54
S
Noctilucent said:

I'm suspecting quite the opposite of most posters on this thread. Yes, historically we fold our tent anywhere near Mississippi, ole or state, but I can't help but think Elko's gonna have them a bit more ready than past years. How many thought we'd do as well against mizzou? Pipe dream? Maybe. We'll see.

I expect us to come out ready to play unlike years past. Culture starts with the coach and Elko is not anything close to Jimbo.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
vander54 said:

Ok, you're intentionally trolling with this take
Aggie Dad 26
Nvm. Not worth it
Aggie Dad 26
Nvm. Not worth it
vander54
S
Ghost of Bisbee said:

vander54 said:

Ok, you're intentionally trolling with this take

Absolutely not. In most reasonable outcomes the coaches get a pass in year 1. Now if we end up 5-7 that's a little different but that's pretty much impossible. Even 6-6 is almost impossible.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Over under of comments about poor wardrobe choices that make him look fat?
Moral High Horse
I'd be off the Dr Pepper hype train
Pumpkinhead
AG
We are not going to lose to Miss State so this thread is a waste of typing
jturner181
AG
Opinions of coaches change 10% with each win/loss, and 20% with unexpected wins and losses.

New coach is at 100%, lose to ND and it's 90%, beat Florida and it's back to 100%, then Arkie, then Mizzou and he's riding high at 120-130%..

Lost this weekend and it drops 10-20%, lose to LSU it's another 10%, to tu another 10%.

As long as a coach stays above that 50% he has a job, and around 100% we are thrilled with him. Over 100% and he's exceeding expectations.

Right now Elko is well above 100%… but a loss this weekend would be unexpected for the 12th man.

Me? I'm good with Elko either way this weekend, but these % are rough calculations on my observations of Aggies over the last 30 years.
vander54
S
Pumpkinhead said:

We are not going to lose to Miss State so this thread is a waste of typing

Agreed
TAMUallen
AG
It'd be bad. It better not happen

Edit to add: espn has us as a 19.5 favorite on the road. It'd be disastrous
Hey Nav
AG
68RebelE
AG
Probably the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Anybody here even have season tickets? Did the rookie train pull in to CS & all you guys got off together?
You're discussing dissing a first year Coach that's 5&1 in the sec & going on the road to play another sec team that's playing well? You all need to find a hobby.
JPK89
AG
68RebelE said:

Probably the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Anybody here even have season tickets? Did the rookie train pull in to CS & all you guys got off together?
You're discussing dissing a first year Coach that's 5&1 in the sec & going on the road to play another sec team that's playing well? You all need to find a hobby.

And you need screw the prom queen instead of just taking her to the dance.
lagoag
We're not losing to Miss St. dumb thread is dumb.
Aggie Dad 26
68RebelE said:

No, but I'll be traveling to our game against Mississippi St tomorrow. If we win the next two games I'll be traveling to South Carolina for that game too.

How about you?
Demo_Slug
AG
A loss would be part of his body of work. Thus it would effect my opinion moving forward
gunan01
AG
68RebelE said:

It's not dumb because the game hasn't been played yet.

I think Elko has a lot riding on each game in his first season, even more than other coaches.

He was hired to do what Jimbo couldn't in his last 3 years. So far, he has done it, but I think if we lose tomorrow then he clearly didn't get through to his team.
Admiral Nelson
What a negative post. Be better OP
SA-AG72
AG
No stars on your post OP. What would change if you actually posted something worthwhile?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.