Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SEC's worse nightmare is feasible

6,530 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Medaggie
Moral High Horse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got over a decade of catching up to do. We have unfinished business!
Jtb102
DallasAg 94 said:

You NEVER want the Sips to win.

Period.

I always tell everyone I don't care if it's Montana state I want them to beat Texas
StinkyPinky
AG
Ian Neff said:

We're 5-1 and we've only had one good game. Some people, man.
Not to mention 3-0 in SEC games. I guess people want to see what they want to see…
HDeathstar
I am fine tu losing all games and playing vandy twice in SEC and playoffs
kyledr04
AG
Lots of football left for both teams but the hype and pressure is almost unimaginable for the game on November 30 if both teams have 0-1 loss with the SEC and playoffs on the line. Probably too much to hope for. Sounds fun.

So does A&M winning out and them losing 3-4.

But winning in College Station with them undefeated and ranked #1 would be legendary. Losing would also be horrible but I'll take the chance.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Why would this be the SEC's worst nightmare?

The SEC's worst nightmare would be every team having at least three losses going into the conference championship.
BTKAG97
AG
Sterling82 said:

I'm all for the sips losing out. If not, it would be pretty sweet for their playoff chances to be on the line when they lose to us.
No. The greater chance they have to win a championship, the greater the odds they are allowed to cheat and the greater the odds the refs will help them cheat.
whatthehey78
AG
NoahAg said:

dcg4403 said:

Unlikely but feasible.

SEC World gets to watch A&M vs Texas 3 times this year.

1) End of regular season
2) Atlanta SEC Champ
3) CFP Matchup

Pretty crazy to imagine. The melt would be insane.

For those reasons, I kinda want Texas to win out till we beat them down at Kyle.

This will never happen.
said Alabama
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Allen Aggie
AG
dcg4403 said:

Unlikely but feasible.

SEC World gets to watch A&M vs Texas 3 times this year.

1) End of regular season
2) Atlanta SEC Champ
3) CFP Matchup

Pretty crazy to imagine. The melt would be insane.

For those reasons, I kinda want Texas to win out till we beat them down at Kyle.

I could never post this.
This is why I've been against expanding the playoff.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
GeorgiAg
AG
I will only allow this if we beat them 3 times to win the National title.
Camrossmartin
Hard pass.

May their only SEC victory be against miss st
jtgigem
AG
Officiating this year has proven that referees are more than willing to effect the outcome of games with really bad calls. Something tells me they will work against the Ags when they can. So we have to KO our opponents and not leave it to the judges.
Q-Tip 94
AG
Muy said:

Saw a sip wearing his burnt orange sip polo shirt at our game on Saturday and vividly remember what jackwads their fanbase is.
There is a game my wife and I play at all A&M events. We call it "There is always one." In the case of Saturday I saw at least four though.
Muy
AG
Q-Tip 94 said:

Muy said:

Saw a sip wearing his burnt orange sip polo shirt at our game on Saturday and vividly remember what jackwads their fanbase is.
There is a game my wife and I play at all A&M events. We call it "There is always one." In the case of Saturday I saw at least four though.

I saw one at the Arkie game with the jersey and giant chain around his neck. Try dressing like an Ag like that at tu/OU and let us know how it goes.
Craigy
We are not that important of a program in the SEC (fans) until we win .Until then we are not a major player.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
If you put any stock in ESPN's future "odds to win" analytics, this is actually favored. We are favored, right now, in every game except Texas. However, our likelihood to win is only in the 60% range on several games.

Texas has ridiculous odds. The only one they are not in the 90% range is Georgia but are still well over 60% for that game.

If I had to put money on the following three scenarios:

A) We both go undeated between now and then
B) One of us takes a loss, the other goes undeated
C) Both of us take at least one loss

I'd go with C.
Iowaggie
AG
I don't think that is in the top 3 of worst nightmares for the SEC
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
There is a lot of football left for both teams. Texas has 7 games left, and we have 6 games remaining. I think we will have a better idea of the likely SEC Championship contenders after 10/26 or week 9. By then, both teams will have played 8 games and 4 SEC games.

We started 3-0 in SEC play for the first time since 2016, but that 4-0 start in SEC play ended with losing our remaining 4 SEC games to finish with a disappointing 4-4 SEC record. However, based on our schedule, I think we have a floor of 8-4 (5-3 SEC) and ceiling of 11-1 (8-0 SEC).

Probable win: New Mexico State

Likely wins: @Mississippi State, @Auburn, @South Carolina

Tossups: LSU, and Texas

Texas is the only undefeated team in the SEC, but they only played one SEC game, which was a home game against Mississippi State, the worst SEC team. Yes, Texas was the only team to beat Michigan in Ann Arbor, but they have not played an SEC road game yet. Based on their schedule, I think they have a floor of 9-3 (5-3 SEC) and a ceiling of 12-0 (8-0 SEC).

Likely wins: Oklahoma, @Vanderbilt, Florida, @Arkansas, Kentucky

Tossups: Georgia, @Texas A&M
BMX Bandit
Vandy & Arkansas are far from "toss ups" for Texas.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Vandy & Arkansas are far from "toss ups" for Texas.
Do you think they are likely wins for Texas?
BMX Bandit
Yes. Likely wins.

Thst doesn't mean upsets can't or won't happen. But Texas will be 2 TD favorite in both
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Yes. Likely wins.

Thst doesn't me at upsets can't or won't happen. But Texas will be 2 TD favorite in both
I agree with you. Vanderbilt and Arkansas upset Alabama and Tennessee in their respective home games, but Texas will likely still be a 2-TD road favorite in both road games. That's why I moved I moved Vanderbilt and Arkansas to likely wins for Texas.
Cheyenne Bodie
Iraq2xVeteran said:

There is a lot of football left for both teams. Texas has 7 games left, and we have 6 games remaining. I think we will have a better idea of the likely SEC Championship contenders after 10/26 or week 9. By then, both teams will have played 8 games and 4 SEC games.

We started 3-0 in SEC play for the first time since 2016, but that 4-0 start in SEC play ended with losing our remaining 4 SEC games to finish with a disappointing 4-4 SEC record. However, based on our schedule, I think we have a floor of 9-3 (6-2 SEC) and ceiling of 11-1 (8-0 SEC).

Texas is the only undefeated team in the SEC, but they only played one SEC game, which was a home game against Mississippi State, the worst SEC team. Yes, Texas was the only team to beat Michigan in Ann Arbor, but they have not played an SEC road game yet. Based on their schedule, I think they have a floor of 8-4 (4-4 SEC) and a ceiling of 12-0 (8-0 SEC).

Likely wins: Oklahoma, Florida, and Kentucky

Tossups: Georgia, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, and Texas A&M

Per FPI, but who knows, and it will change…

vs. Texas

OU +15 (actual line is 14.5)
Georgia +1 (tossup)
Vanderbilt +19
Arkansas +15
A&M +10
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Cheyenne Bodie said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

We started 3-0 in SEC play for the first time since 2016, but that 4-0 start in SEC play ended with losing our remaining 4 SEC games to finish with a disappointing 4-4 SEC record. However, based on our schedule, I think we have a floor of 9-3 (6-2 SEC) and ceiling of 11-1 (8-0 SEC).

Texas is the only undefeated team in the SEC, but they only played one SEC game, which was a home game against Mississippi State, the worst SEC team. Yes, Texas was the only team to beat Michigan in Ann Arbor, but they have not played an SEC road game yet. Based on their schedule, I think they have a floor of 8-4 (4-4 SEC) and a ceiling of 12-0 (8-0 SEC).

Likely wins: Oklahoma, Florida, and Kentucky

Tossups: Georgia, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, and Texas A&M

Per FPI, but who knows, and it will change…

vs. Texas

Georgia +1 (tossup)
Vanderbilt +19
Arkansas +15
A&M +10
I put Vanderbilt and Arkansas in the likely win category for Texas.
DallasAg 94
Jtb102 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

You NEVER want the Sips to win.

Period.

I always tell everyone I don't care if it's Montana state I want them to beat Texas
At a minimum... you keep them shut up and under their rock.
GigEmTx
AgLA06 said:

hunter2012 said:

I hope they get a trifecta of losses from the only meat on the schedule, Lose to OU, then lose to Georgia, then lose in perfect fashion to Vanderbilt. I hope they're not even ranked when we play them. 0-12 isn't enough for them, I hope they get too tsippy one of these days and fold their program.
OU
Georgia
Vandy
Florida
Arky
Kentucky
Aggies

They could run the table. They could also lose to any of the bold games.

OU is probably the second easiest game left on the schedule for them.
Georgia's not looking like they used to look, but they're still a very tough out. Vandy, Florida, Arky, and Kentucky seemed like they'd be a cakewalk series of games on opening day, but things have changed a bit and they all have life and a bit of pride. I'll be watching those games.
Moon Shadow
Personally I envision the whorns' OL getting "worn down" with their "remaining" (All But One) SEC battles.
As for this Aggie OL I remember reading many years ago that NFL Offensive Linemen loved running plays, where they could just fire-off out of their three point stances slamming the opposing DL back to open holes for the RB.
Moon Shadow
Amari and now Le'Veon have shown the ability to hit the holes opened by the Aggie OL and accelerate through into the second level.
Medaggie
I would take playing texas 3 times this year, and EVERY year.

This means we play in the conference champ game and then make the playoffs. Do this every other year, and we will be a top 5 program and have 5 titles in the next 20 years.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.