Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Feeling pretty darn good about 10 Ws

5,858 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Fatboy Thaddeus
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
with Reed at the helm! I think we found our guy! We run the board until we meet the sips, then we see where we are.
TylerAg98
AG
Don't do this to yourself…..
NoahAg
It was Florida.
LB12Diamond
AG
What a difference a week makes.

Myself, I'm waiting until after the Mizzou game to confirm things. If we are 5-1 at the halfway mark, anything is possible.
halfastros81
AG
That's some serious maroon shaded glasses OP. I'm not saying it's not possible but feeling good about it indicates you think it's probable and it isn't based on any real evidence to date. Florida has talent but they are a mess. I will say this, the last 2 Aggie teams wouldn't have done what this team did in the Swamp against that Florida team. It would have been touch and go.
vander54
S
Too early for that

But 8+ wins is looking pretty good again. Let's see how we do the next couple of weeks.
World's worst proofreader
AggieDruggist89
AG
Logos Stick said:

with Reed at the helm! I think we found our guy! We run the board until we meet the sips, then we see where we are.
Poop slap or GTFO !
Aggie Dad 26
Reed still needs some time before we start clamoring 10 wins

He's still very raw.
Kraft Punk
I'm feeling good about 7

Before Reed I felt good about 3
MaroonRevival
I feel pretty good that the trolls will go away if we stop feeding them...
Randy Rhodes
Logos Stick said:

100% agree
An L of an Ag
AG
Initially read title as ending in "10 WRs", and wondered:
1) Why TEN?
2) How? When we have whiffed on several targets recently.
Artorias
AG
So we only drop 1 more game this year? Gonna be tough considering we still have Mizzou, LSU, Texas, and I wouldn't sleep on what is looking like a salty South Carolina this year.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am feeling good about 8 or 9 wins. Our toughest remaining games against Missouri, LSU, and Texas are all at home, and I think we can beat Missouri and/or LSU. Assuming Missouri beats Vanderbilt this Saturday, they will be 4-0 and have a bye week before coming to Kyle Field, but this will be Missouri's first road game after opening the season with four consecutive home games. That's why I consider Missouri a tossup home game.

LSU hasn't been great away from home. In Week 1, LSU lost 27-20 to USC in Las Vegas. Last week, LSU trailed South Carolina 17-0 with 12:19 left in the 2nd quarter before rallying for a 36-33 comeback road win that required a missed 49-yard game tying field goal. We have won 3 straight home games against LSU, including the last two by 13+ points each. That's why I consider LSU a likely home win.

I think South Carolina will be our toughest road game. After South Carolina's narrow 23-19 home win over Old Dominion, they throttled Kentucky 31-6 in a road game and nearly beat LSU. South Carolina has a bye week before hosting us on 11/2, and we will be coming off a tough home game against LSU. They will have a rest and home field advantage in a night game. We will likely be road favorites at South Carolina, and we have won 9 of 10 games against South Carolina, including road games in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020. However, I can see South Carolina upsetting us. That's why I consider South Carolina a tossup road game.

We will have likely road wins against Mississippi State and Auburn. Mississippi State paid MAC Toledo $1.2 million, but Toledo dominated Mississippi State from start to finish on the road for a 41-17 rout. That means Mississippi State already has 2 losses to Arizona State and Toldeo before even beginning SEC play against Florida on Saturday. We have no excuse not win a road game at Mississippi State on 10/19.

Before the season, I thought Auburn would be our toughest road game, but after Cal defeated Auburn 21-14 at their stadium, I think it's a likely road win. After that, our toughest game of the season, even at Kyle Field, will be against Texas. We will be likely home underdogs in that game.

For these reasons, I think we have a floor of 8-4 (5-3 SEC) and a ceiling of 10-2 (7-1 SEC), and that will depend on the tossup games against Missouri and South Carolina. An 8-4 regular season finish would result in a 5-3 SEC record for just our 4th winning SEC record in 13 years. Also, both records would match Jimbo Fisher's first season in 2018. Hopefully, Mike Elko can exceed that by going 9-3 and 6-2 in SEC games.

Before the season, I predicted a 9-3 (5-3 SEC) with losses to Florida, Auburn, and Texas. After a loss to Notre Dame, I lowered my prediction to 8-4 (5-3 SEC) with additional losses to Missouri, South Carolina, and Texas. With a 13-point road win at Florida, I am going back to my 9-3 (6-2 SEC) prediction with additional losses to South Carolina and Texas.
wangus12
AG
I think 8 is the max this year.
LoneStarAg17
AG
I'll know a lot more about this team after the Missouri game. Going into the year, I had us at 9-3 optimistically, and I still have us there. Here is what I see:

Already Happened: (2-1)
Notre Dame - L
McNeese - W
Florida - W

Very Likely Wins Remaining (4-0)
Bowling Green
Arkansas
State
NM State

Tough but Winnable (2-1)
Auburn
LSU
USC (before the season started, I had these guys as a caulked up W, that may not be the case now)

Very tough (1-1) very maroon shaded glasses here...
Missouri
Texas

So if we win all three tough games, 9 win season. I don't see us winning all 5 tough and very tough games until I see more of us against quality competition.

If we beat Missouri, we're going to roll into Nov 30 in a pretty good spot.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
LoneStarAg17 said:

I'll know a lot more about this team after the Missouri game. Going into the year, I had us at 9-3 optimistically, and I still have us there. Here is what I see:

Notre Dame - L
McNeese - W
Florida - W

Bowling Green
Arkansas
State
NM State

Tough but Winnable (2-1)
Auburn
LSU
USC (before the season started, I had these guys as a caulked up W, that may not be the case now)

Missouri
Texas

So if we win all three tough games, 9 win season. I don't see us winning all 5 tough and very tough games until I see more of us against quality competition.

I agree with your 9-3 prediction. Before last Saturday, I considered Missouri very tough but I think it's more of a tossup game. Missouri is ranked No. 7, but I don't think they are an elite team. Missouri trailed Boston College 14-3 with 9:44 left in the 2nd quarter before escaping with a narrow 27-21 home win. Also, Missouri opens the season with 4 consecutive home games and a bye week before playing their first road game at Texas A&M on 10/5.

I agree that if we beat Missouri, we could roll into November 30th with 10 straight road wins. I think South Carolina will be our toughest road game. After South Carolina's narrow 23-19 home win over Old Dominion, they throttled Kentucky 31-6 in a road game and nearly beat LSU. South Carolina has a bye week before hosting us on 11/2, and we will be coming off a tough home game against LSU. They will have a rest and home field advantage in a night game. We will likely be road favorites at South Carolina, and we have won 9 of 10 games against South Carolina, including road games in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020. However, I can see South Carolina upsetting us. That's why I consider South Carolina a tossup road game.

Before the season, I predicted a 9-3 (5-3 SEC) with losses to Florida, Auburn, and Texas. After a loss to Notre Dame, I lowered my prediction to 8-4 (5-3 SEC) with additional losses to Missouri, South Carolina, and Texas. With a 13-point road win at Florida, I am going back to my 9-3 (6-2 SEC) prediction with additional losses to South Carolina and Texas.
AceAggie05
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

LoneStarAg17 said:

Notre Dame - L
McNeese - W
Florida - W

Bowling Green
Arkansas
State
NM State

Tough but Winnable (2-1)
Auburn
LSU

Missouri
Texas

I agree with your 9-3 prediction. Before last Saturday, I considered Missouri very tough but I think it's more of a tossup game. Missouri is ranked No. 7, but I don't think they are an elite team. Missouri trailed Boston College 14-3 with 9:44 left in the 2nd quarter before escaping with a narrow 27-21 home win. Also, Missouri opens the season with 4 consecutive home games and a bye week before playing their first road game at Texas A&M on 10/5.

I agree that if we beat Missouri, we could roll into November 30th with 10 straight road wins. I think South Carolina will be our toughest road game. After South Carolina's narrow 23-19 home win over Old Dominion, they throttled Kentucky 31-6 in a road game and nearly beat LSU. South Carolina has a bye week before hosting us on 11/2, and we will be coming off a tough home game against LSU. They will have a rest and home field advantage in a night game. We will likely be road favorites at South Carolina, and we have won 9 of 10 games against South Carolina, including road games in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020. However, I can see South Carolina upsetting us. That's why I consider South Carolina a tossup road game.

I'm convinced this guy is either a bot, or uses ChatGPT to post. He creates a post, then 2 posts later, says the same exact thing in a reply to someone else.
90ags
This has to be the worst site for yo-yo'ing and always feeling it's necessary to 'project a season record' after each and every week.

Just enjoy the games, seeing this team grow and see what happens. While UF was a solid win, there are a ton of errors to work on (esp on TE coverage and deep corner posts that UF beat us on 4-5 times including scores -- absolutely awful at times by LBs and Safety confusion).

Think this team will continue to improve (and still have some disappointment), but it's a long way away from being a 10win team on paper even.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
greg.w.h
AG
Logos Stick said:

Yet another Maroon Koolaid manufacturer???
Divining Rod
Mizzou and Texas. figure 1-1

LSU Auburn South Carolina 2-1 best case

9-3 or 8-4
merch
OP, we need to see a lot more before you can think we finish out 8-1.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
Bill Superman
AG
The better the zoo feels about it, the less likely it will happen.
Logos Stick
Bill Superman said:

The better the zoo feels about it, the less likely it will happen.

Well, most don't agree with me in here. 10-2 it is then!
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Get past the Mizzou game at 5-1 and 10 wins is possible. Still not very probable though.

It would require avoiding road slip ups at SC and Auburn and not getting screwed too bad by the refs while playing at home vs LSU and tu (long history of that with both these teams).
Aggie Dad 26
Emilio Fantastico said:

Get past the Mizzou game at 5-1 and 10 wins is possible. Still not very probable though.

It would require avoiding road slip ups at SC and Auburn and not getting screwed too bad by the refs while playing at home vs LSU and tu (long history of that with both these teams).
TyperWoods
I'll be happy to beat Bowling Green.

One game at a time.

Works for fans as well as players.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Ets beat someone with a pulse before we all start sucking each others dicks over a winning season
Commander Gorn
AG
Anticipate finishing the year with only 2 wins and you'll never be disappointed
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Divining Rod said:

Mizzou and Texas. figure 1-1

LSU Auburn South Carolina 2-1 best case

9-3 or 8-4

I like your breakdown. I am predicting 9-3 (6-2 SEC) with additional losses to South Carolina and Texas.
Ogre09
AG
Lose to ND by 10: we're going 3-9!

Clobber McNeese, but ND loses to NIU: ???

Beat Florida on the road: we're going 10-2!

Beat Bowling Green: we're going to the playoffs!
2040huck
8-4 again decent bowl game
AWP 97
AG
Logos Stick said:

Can't tell if serious!
Logos Stick
Ogre09 said:

Lose to ND by 10 Saw Conner play who cost us the ND game: we're going 3-9!

Clobber McNeese, but ND loses to NIU: ???

Beat Florida on the road and saw Reed start and play: we're going 10-2!

Beat Bowling Green: we're going to the playoffs!

FIFY
ArcheryAg
Please whatever you do, don't mention eating dog poop
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.