Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Feeling pretty darn good about 10 Ws

5,788 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Fatboy Thaddeus
SinKiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm still at 7-5, we just beat a team that has basically quit. Great win, but pretty much anyone can go in to the swamp and mud hole the Gators.
Bryanisbest
AG
9-3 to 11-1
Ian Neff
AG
We look more like 9-3 than 8-4.

Anyone saying less than 8-4 is just emotionally protecting themselves.

And honestly we've got just as good of a chance to go 10-2 as 8-4.

It all comes down to who's injured on what team in the week we play them.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Artorias said:

So we only drop 1 more game this year? Gonna be tough considering we still have Mizzou, LSU, Texas, and I wouldn't sleep on what is looking like a salty South Carolina this year.

If you take off your maroon colored glasses you will see that we most likely lose at least 2 of those listed and 3 would not be out of the question. This team does not have a veteran QB nor any real game changers at WR.
SinKiller
I could care less what some ranking system says about our talent, but this team is pretty average across the board. Maybe not at DL, sometimes, but most everywhere else, average. The O across the board is average. I give you that qb could fluctuate, but against good teams, it's gonna be average. So when I say 7-5, I feel pretty comfortable with it.
duddleysdraw88
AG
TexasAggie_97 said:

Artorias said:

So we only drop 1 more game this year? Gonna be tough considering we still have Mizzou, LSU, Texas, and I wouldn't sleep on what is looking like a salty South Carolina this year.

If you take off your maroon colored glasses you will see that we most likely lose at least 2 of those listed and 3 would not be out of the question. This team does not have a veteran QB nor any real game changers at WR.

You don't know what you're talking about!

We're going UNDEFEATED! Oh, wait……….

Cautiously optimistic is where I am at……. as long as CW does not play and Reed continues to improve!

I feel damn confident we can make a bowl game now!!!

Mutual_Friend
If you'd bet on us to win 8 games, you'd have won that bet five times in the last 10 years.

This team will win in a game where it's the underdog, and blow a game where it's the clear favorite, and we'll finish with 8 wins as always.
LB12Diamond
AG
Our schedule is a lot different than the last 10 years. We need to take advantage of it.
Cojack
Are you smoking ?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Mutual_Friend said:

If you'd bet on us to win 8 games, you'd have won that bet five times in the last 10 years.

This team will win in a game where it's the underdog, and blow a game where it's the clear favorite, and we'll finish with 8 wins as always.
That is true for both regular season and post-bowl win totals. We finished with 8 regular seasons wins five times. Excluding our 8-1 SEC record in a pandemic shortened all-SEC season in 2020, we finished with an 8-4 regular season record five times (2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2021) in the last ten full seasons. We reached 8-5 by winning bowl games in 2014 and 2019 and by losing bowl games in 2015 and 2016. In 2021, we didn't have an opportunity for a 9th win after an 8-4 (4-4) regular season finish because we withdrew from the Gator Bowl after a Covid-19 outbreak left us without enough players.

2013: 8-4 (4-4 SEC) and bowl win for 9-4 finish
2014: 7-5 (3-5 SEC) and bowl win for 8-5 finish
2015: 8-4 (4-4 SEC) and bowl loss for 8-5 finish
2016: 8-4 (4-4 SEC) and bowl loss for 8-5 finish
2017: 7-5 (4-4 SEC) and bowl loss for 7-6 finish
2018: 8-4 (5-3 SEC) and bowl win for 9-4 finish
2019: 7-5 (4-4 SEC) and bowl win for 8-5 finish
2020: 8-1 (all-SEC) and bowl win for 9-1 finish
2021: 8-4 (4-4 SEC) before withdrawing from Gator Bowl
2022: 5-7 (2-6 SEC)
2023: 7-5 (4-4 SEC) and bowl loss for 7-6 finish

Hopefully, we can win 9 regular season games for the first time since 2012. I am predicting 9-3 (6-2 SEC) with additional losses to South Carolina and Texas.
one safe place
I feel better about getting 7 wins if Reed gets the majority of the playing time going forward, otherwise 6-6.
dixichkn
AG
AceAggie05 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

LoneStarAg17 said:

I'll know a lot more about this team after the Missouri game. Going into the year, I had us at 9-3 optimistically, and I still have us there. Here is what I see:

Already Happened: (2-1)
Notre Dame - L
McNeese - W
Florida - W

Very Likely Wins Remaining (4-0)
Bowling Green
Arkansas
State
NM State

Tough but Winnable (2-1)
Auburn
LSU
USC (before the season started, I had these guys as a caulked up W, that may not be the case now)

Very tough (1-1) very maroon shaded glasses here...
Missouri
Texas

So if we win all three tough games, 9 win season. I don't see us winning all 5 tough and very tough games until I see more of us against quality competition.

If we beat Missouri, we're going to roll into Nov 30 in a pretty good spot.
I agree with your 9-3 prediction. Before last Saturday, I considered Missouri very tough but I think it's more of a tossup game. Missouri is ranked No. 7, but I don't think they are an elite team. Missouri trailed Boston College 14-3 with 9:44 left in the 2nd quarter before escaping with a narrow 27-21 home win. Also, Missouri opens the season with 4 consecutive home games and a bye week before playing their first road game at Texas A&M on 10/5.

I agree that if we beat Missouri, we could roll into November 30th with 10 straight road wins. I think South Carolina will be our toughest road game. After South Carolina's narrow 23-19 home win over Old Dominion, they throttled Kentucky 31-6 in a road game and nearly beat LSU. South Carolina has a bye week before hosting us on 11/2, and we will be coming off a tough home game against LSU. They will have a rest and home field advantage in a night game. We will likely be road favorites at South Carolina, and we have won 9 of 10 games against South Carolina, including road games in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020. However, I can see South Carolina upsetting us. That's why I consider South Carolina a tossup road game.

Before the season, I predicted a 9-3 (5-3 SEC) with losses to Florida, Auburn, and Texas. After a loss to Notre Dame, I lowered my prediction to 8-4 (5-3 SEC) with additional losses to Missouri, South Carolina, and Texas. With a 13-point road win at Florida, I am going back to my 9-3 (6-2 SEC) prediction with additional losses to South Carolina and Texas.
I'm convinced this guy is either a bot, or uses ChatGPT to post. He creates a post, then 2 posts later, says the same exact thing in a reply to someone else.
It's not a bot. I've seen him post the same stuff on social media

But it's most definitely ChatGPT generated. No one else posts in dissertations like this. I used to think it was the Associated Press. Or Booger McFarland. But it's definitely ChatGPT
halfastros81
AG
1 play can be the difference between 8-4 and 9-3. Don't see how you can distinguish 1 vs the other based on what we have seen to date.

It also depends on what injuries WE have. We have already had some pretty bad losses to injury (Nabou, Chappell, & Owens).

We better fix our fg issue
SteveA
AG
Quote:

with Reed at the helm! I think we found our guy! We run the board until we meet the sips, then we see where we are.
7-8 tops.
Scott Farcas
AggieDruggist89 said:

Logos Stick said:

with Reed at the helm! I think we found our guy! We run the board until we meet the sips, then we see where we are.
Poop slap or GTFO !

has there ever in the history of the universe been actual evidence that someone has paid off on a poop slap bet?
firethewagonup
Logos Stick said:

You obviously never jumped in head first into a BAS pool of razor blades. You are well on your way, fren
Gigem Aggies
NeverSeenEmWin
It's a first year coach who is trying to settle his QB situation, and he is molding a talented roster into his defensive scheme.

That's a recipe for 7 wins. More is good, but as the first response said, don't do this to yourself.
AGinHI
AG
LOL!

In the past 25 years after the first few games, with 2008 and our opening loss to Arkansas State being the exception, some Ags will invariably post about "feeling" 10 wins.

Do you know how many 10 or more win seasons we've had in that time period?

One.

With a once in a lifetime player.
Mutual_Friend
Exactly. The data points so far this year are (1) a home loss to a team that lost to a G5 team at home the following week, (2) a blowout win over over an FCS team that went 0-10 last year, and (3) a road win over a Florida team that will be lucky to win 5 games this year.

The Florida game went better than I expected, especially since we played a backup QB. But anyone using that performance against that team to justify increasing their expectations for the season is wearing maroon glasses and drinking maroon Kool Aid.
Little Rock Ag
AG
6-6
1st Generation Ag
The offseason is long. The season is short. Try and enjoy it while it's here.
dcg4403
AG
Logos Stick said:

U didn't?

Here we go again. Just do yourself and the program a favor, if it goes wrong...that is on you for crazy high expectations.

So get mad at yourself, not this 1st year staff or any of the players.

I am not going there until 2026....possibly 2025 depending if we can get to 9 wins this year.

8-4 is actually a good year IMO for Elko and staff. And VERY achievable.

Hope you are spot on! And I am completely off.
dcg4403
AG
SinKiller said:

I could care less what some ranking system says about our talent, but this team is pretty average across the board. Maybe not at DL, sometimes, but most everywhere else, average. The O across the board is average. I give you that qb could fluctuate, but against good teams, it's gonna be average. So when I say 7-5, I feel pretty comfortable with it.

Fans like this stink. Sounds like a troll to me?

Stupid to think the majority of this team is "average". Sorry that is just plain WRONG.

Not saying we are GA but this team is absolutely very talented. Across many positions. So just stop.

Coaches build championship teams, not players. That has been the issue. We have an abundance of talent. Just have to apply the talent correctly while ensuring it is developed. Jimbo crapped the bed for talent development.

Elko is known to be a talent developer.
Fatboy Thaddeus
OP, me too. Heck I've got $80MM sitting around to underwrite an 8-year / $10MM extension. LFG!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.