Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why didn't weigman play?

6,271 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by LB12Diamond
Bigdaddycigar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching video of warmups and he looked fine. If the injury happened during the ND game why did he play against Mcneese? Seems weird. I guess coaches decided he wasn't healthy enough to play. Something's off there. Let's roll with Reed.
Aggie Dad 26
Because Reed is the future of Aggie football. Get your popcorn
74AnimalA
AG
The STORY is he hurt his shoulder in the 4th Qtr of the ND game on a QB sneak.
He improved enough to play against McNeese and perhaps the LEAD and some caution caused the early substitution of Marcel.

Then last week in practice it got worse and the SEC has new rules regarding Injury reporting, so he was listed as QUESTIONABLE. Supposedly during the PreGame warmups the decision was to start Reed. Elko was asked and said if something happened to Reed, Wegman was available.
Bigdaddycigar
AG
74AnimalA said:

He improved enough to play against McNeese and perhaps the LEAD and some caution caused the early substitution of Marcel.

Then last week in practice it got worse and the SEC has new rules regarding Injury reporting, so he was listed as QUESTIONABLE. Supposedly during the PreGame warmups the decision was to start Reed. Elko was asked and said if something happened to Reed, Wegman was available.

Right, just heard the night cap show where unc said you only suit up if you can play otherwise you wear street clothes. If he was available than…. Seems weird. Just saying.
OKC~Ag
he is hurt...if you play him..scenario gets confusing
Rectitude
AG
I just recovered from a bad shoulder. I took internet advice and avoided sleeping on the bad shoulder. All OK now.

Feel free to pass this along to CW.
AtticusMatlock
It was truly a game-time decision. Elko walked up to CW at the end of warmups and told him they were going with Reed. ABC got it on camera. You can see the disappointment on CW's face. Could have been the staff knowing all along but if so they didn't fill in the QBs.
Maroon Flash
AG
No reason to rush CW.
Maroon Flash
Agvet12
AG
74AnimalA said:

You had to play him vs McNeese after the pitiful preface he had against ND
LB12Diamond
AG
It does seem weird how everything has gone down. Probably become more clear watching how things are handled moving forward.

My dad thinks the coaches knew mid week what they were going to do though and just kept it to themselves.
NeverSeenEmWin
I think it has a lot more to do with quality of play, and perhaps fit for the offensive scheme. You don't need to be a professional to know Klein would prefer mobility in a quarterback.

There's a moderate chance Weigman will leave the team before the season ends and transfer elsewhere. And we should be okay with that.
AggieDub04
AG
With shoulder injuries for QBs you see how they look pregame. With a shot CW may have felt ok but his throws may have looked weak to the coaches. Thus you keep him in uniform in case he has to go in for an emergency.
taylorswift13_
Because he can't even hit the running back out on a flat
Sq 17
The severity of CW injury is unknown , what is known is he looked bad against ND if he played better against ND maybe he gets sent out at less than 100%

Bad play and
Being less than 100% led to MR getting the start can't be certain how much of the decision was injury and how much was poor play against ND
LB12Diamond
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Hey

You are you of my favorite posters. Especially on the track threads. You continuing to go after Weigman is surprising me. There's no reason to do that one. And he missed that throw one time. Yes it was a big one but it's clear something was up that game.

Let's just support Reed without throwing shade at Weigman.
Sq 17
And there's a small chance the RB did not run the route correctly maybe Weigman threw the ball to where the RB should have been

NeverSeenEmWin
LB12Diamond said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Hey

You are you of my favorite posters. Especially on the track threads. You continuing to go after Weigman is surprising me. There's no reason to do that one. And he missed that throw one time. Yes it was a big one but it's clear something was up that game.

Weigman is a professional athlete. And he has shown nothing on the field or even in interviews to give us confidence. He's a bust. He needs to transfer and I hope he finds success somewhere else.

Worryingly, the coaching staff seemed to have installed Weigman as the starter despite evidence that others might be ready. That's a concern and I hope we don't see that sort of thing again.

Wabs
AG
Well, however it went down is anybody's guess. What isn't a guess is that Reed should be QB1. He's a playmaker.
LB12Diamond
AG
Did I say Weigman should start?

No

I said there's no reason to make posts such as yours. It's not even worth debating the accuracy of it. Yet it appears that concept is too hard for you to comprehend.

Reed should be the starter at this time and we go from there. Support Reed. Support Weigman. Highlight the positive plays.
LB12Diamond
AG
Sq 17 said:

And there's a small chance the RB did not run the route correctly maybe Weigman threw the ball to where the RB should have been

True and he had to throw it quick so the RB had less time to react. That play the RB is typically further away which is an easier play to make.
texAZtea
AG
NeverSeenEmWin said:

LB12Diamond said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Hey

Weigman is a professional athlete. And he has shown nothing on the field or even in interviews to give us confidence. He's a bust. He needs to transfer and I hope he finds success somewhere else.

Worryingly, the coaching staff seemed to have installed Weigman as the starter despite evidence that others might be ready. That's a concern and I hope we don't see that sort of thing again.

Hey

You are not one of my favorite posters. In any thread.

You doubling down on attacking a teenager regardless of the money he makes is not a good look. Especially after another poster very kindly addressed a completely different poster. Not even you.

Worryingly, you would probably have a different attitude if you, a professional at your job, were subject to the same level of criticism a this teenager. If you disagree, I'm more than happy to burn some vacation time to come watch you work and tell the whole world what I think about everything you do every second of the work day.
taylorswift13_
It's all in good fun, I care about the other sports forum, I come to the football one to joke around and mess with people in the zoo lol!!

I've just been a fan of Reed since the bowl game and heard how he out performed Weigman in the spring and the summer and all of fall camp! We had nothing to play for in that bowl game, but the guys rallied behind Reed and played hard! I was just bewildered by the praise Weigman was getting preseason when I assumed he wasn't even going to be the starting quarterback!! No ill will towards Weigman, I wish him well
taylorswift13_
LB12Diamond you are one of my favorite posters too
LB12Diamond
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

LB12Diamond you are one of my favorite posters too

I have a funny story for you bc of your user name. I was playing poker this past week. And there was this very nice older lady sitting next to me at the hold'em table. Of course various discussions take place throughout the day when playing. We were talking music and someone asked her if she was a "Swiftie". She responded quickly.

"Nope, I'm a slowie!"

Cracked up the entire table.
taylorswift13_
LOL! Speaking of poker, I'd put all your winnings on Marcel Reed over rushing yards! Bowling Green's line backers on tape seem very slow and as a defense they love to blitz so I expect Reed to have a field day!
LB12Diamond
AG
Winnings! LOL

I was a donar last week.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Yessirreeee Time to March with Marcel. He is a better fit in Klein's offense. An indecisive weigman is not what you want going forward.
jt16
AG
NeverSeenEmWin said:

LB12Diamond said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Hey

Long way to go. MR will have struggles at some point. He may get hurt at some point. I hope not.

If CW does transfer, he would be the #1 QB in the portal
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
There was a clip of warmups showing him very clearly grimacing at the simplest of throws. There isn't a big conspiracy here.
P.U.T.U
AG
CW seems to have something going on right now, seems to be a mix of mental and physical. Last year CW's strengths were quick decisions and accuracy, during ND he regressed on both of these. If we have more success with Reed I could see CW and O'Neill leaving, we have Longstreet for 2025. I think Henderson technically is a junior and fits Klein's offense better than a pro style QB at this point. Reed has at least this year and next and with the transfer portal it seems QBs go where they can play right away and get paid the most.
dcg4403
AG
It is beyond just a injuried shoulder with Conner. And why this entire situation is strange and does not add up. The shoulder injury is a very nice story to deflect from other pressing issues they are dealing with. Weigman is not healthy either physically or mentally. They are trying to support him but keeping some of this very, very secretive. I hope this young man comes out on the top side of all this. Bigger issues than just football.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Reed has been more impressive than Weigman in every aspect.
Not sure how many of y'all saw his post game on field interview because of the ESPN ****ery, but even that was more polished and impressive than anything I've ever seen from Conner.

Kyle Field is now Reed's Arena. Conner's had his chances.
LB12Diamond
AG
This is every QB room in College. Anything can happen during the season. And at the end there might be transfers.

Reed is a redshirt Freshman. So he has 4 years of eligibility left counting this season. Him staying the QB and having success would not be a bad thing.
alexandertheok
CW had a bad game but something happened during the ND game. When he is healthy, he should have the opportunity to return as the starter.
aggie-1997
AG
Maroon Flash said:

No reason to rush CW.
No reason to play CW.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.