Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why didn't weigman play?

6,366 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by LB12Diamond
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bigdaddycigar said:

Watching video of warmups and he looked fine. If the injury happened during the ND game why did he play against Mcneese? Seems weird. I guess coaches decided he wasn't healthy enough to play. Something's off there. Let's roll with Reed.

Because Elko didn't put him in.
12mn95
AG
dcg4403 said:

It is beyond just a injuried shoulder with Conner. And why this entire situation is strange and does not add up. The shoulder injury is a very nice story to deflect from other pressing issues they are dealing with. Weigman is not healthy either physically or mentally. They are trying to support him but keeping some of this very, very secretive. I hope this young man comes out on the top side of all this. Bigger issues than just football.
That's a pretty serious issue if what you're saying is true. Anyone else heard something along these lines?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
12mn95 said:

dcg4403 said:

It is beyond just a injuried shoulder with Conner. And why this entire situation is strange and does not add up. The shoulder injury is a very nice story to deflect from other pressing issues they are dealing with. Weigman is not healthy either physically or mentally. They are trying to support him but keeping some of this very, very secretive. I hope this young man comes out on the top side of all this. Bigger issues than just football.
That's a pretty serious issue if what you're saying is true. Anyone else heard something along these lines?

I think it's pure speculation on the poster's part.
That stated, Conner has not impressed on the field or off IMO. I wish him the best but Reed needs to be handed the keys until he proves he can't handle it.
Reno Hightower
BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF, OP!
LB12Diamond
AG
Agree

It's just speculation on his part.

Was he the poster that stated CW had a weight dropped on his ankle last week?
CowHop
Indeed. Weigman ain't the guy.
Slicer97
AG
alexandertheok said:

CW had a bad game but something happened during the ND game. When he is healthy, he should have the opportunity to return as the starter.
Disagree.

He should be given the opportunity to beat Reed out in practice just like any other QB2, not auto-inserted into the starting role just because his shoulder healed.

He should only see the field again for mop up duty, Reed getting injured, or Reed proving to be ineffective.

I'm not saying he should be written off. I'm saying Reed has earned the spot.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
if healthy, weigman should start. his ceiling in much higher.

also, of the video of him warming up, he was grimacing with every throw, clearly in pain.
StinkyPinky
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Agree

It's just speculation on his part.

Was he the poster that stated CW had a weight dropped on his ankle last week?
Right?! Never surprised some of the stuff people come with, and such veracity.
Gig em G
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

There was a clip of warmups showing him very clearly grimacing at the simplest of throws. There isn't a big conspiracy here.

I thought I noticed that as well, so wasn't surprised he stayed on the sideline
Gig em G
AG
I also never played QB in high school, so take this for what its forth.

I strained my rotator cuff from excessively shooting my hunting bow a year ago. I could still shoot, but it was clearly hurting enough to not allow me to focus as much as I should with each shot and wasn't comfortable with my accuracy. Weigman could be in a similar situation…is he physically able to throw? Probably. Is it painful enough for him to not be able to ignore it? Very likely if he's still grimacing while he throws.
Bigdaddycigar
AG
12mn95 said:

dcg4403 said:

Some people are speculating or claiming to have inside knowledge of a mental issue on the boards.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bigdaddycigar said:

Watching video of warmups and he looked fine. If the injury happened during the ND game why did he play against Mcneese? Seems weird. I guess coaches decided he wasn't healthy enough to play. Something's off there. Let's roll with Reed.
Announcers said during the broadcast is a shoulder ACL sprain that happened during Notre Dame game. He then reaggravated it during the McNeese game.
LB12Diamond
AG
Are you saying this is being talked about on premium.
Aggie Dad 26
Definitely Not A Cop said:

There was a clip of warmups showing him very clearly grimacing at the simplest of throws. There isn't a big conspiracy here.
aggie-1997
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

also, of the video of him warming up, he was grimacing with every throw, clearly in pain.
I'm interested in why you believe CW's ceiling is much higher?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I still find it curious that Henderson is not being mentioned. Elko noted that Weigman was available should something have happened to Reed, but nothing said about Henderson. Do we know if he is still recuperating from that arm injury in the Texas Bowl?
12mn95
AG
Bigdaddycigar said:

12mn95 said:

dcg4403 said:

Some people are speculating or claiming to have inside knowledge of a mental issue on the boards.
some other guy flat out said he was dealing with an addiction...just flat out said he couldn't trust him because of it..
offenseguru
AG
He was wincing in pain every pregame throw at Florida. Looked like his velocity dropped in McNeese game. Same with ND there were later moments it was clear he lacked velo.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
aggie-1997 said:

#1 pocket passer in his class. 5 star. Two coaching staffs thought weigman was better.
Slicer97
AG

aggie-1997 said:

#1 pocket passer in his class. 5 star. Two coaching staffs thought weigman was better.
And what if, for whatever reason, Weigman just ain't that guy anymore? Injuries can screw someone up in more ways than one.
Shoefly!
AG
alexandertheok said:

CW had a bad game but something happened during the ND game. When he is healthy, he should have the opportunity to return as the starter.

They showed the replays of CW getting hit twice on his right shoulder,against ND. If the injections didn't help he's got some healing to do.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Slicer97 said:

aggie-1997 said:

And what if, for whatever reason, Weigman just ain't that guy anymore? Injuries can screw someone up in more ways than one.
What if a running qb played really well against an atrociously bad defense with a lame duck coach? what if Henderson is actually the guy?

I will admit, if reed starts vs ND we 100% win that game. Something was very wrong with CW. He didnt all the sudden become the worst QB in Div 1.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
alexandertheok said:

Drew Bledsoe agrees.
Slicer97
AG
At this point, you play Reed until he proves not to be able to get it done.

I mean, Conner has never looked great when facing real competition. Competent, but not great. We also haven't seen Reed play after a full week of starter reps.

I also have no issue with giving Henderson a shot if Reed starts struggling.
Heineken-Ashi
Conner might be a good QB. But there isn't a single aspect of his game that is proven to be dynamic. And all data so far this season shows uncertainty in the pocket, breakdown of mechanics, and inability to go through progressions. Reed has instincts and feel for the game that I haven't seen from an Aggie QB in a decade. You have to ride with that and see what it looks like against better competition.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
LB12Diamond
AG
Conner did look great against Ole Miss, LSU and Miami. No reason to change history. He does not even look good this year. That's what matters. He also fit Jimbo's offense more than Klein's. Unless CW can run the entire offense, Reed all day.
Bryanisbest
AG
Weigman has the physical ability to be a great player when his mind is right. His shoulder was not the issue V Fla. he was benched for some other reason. Surprisingly, Reed showed he is every bit as good as Weigman
jrdaustin
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Bigdaddycigar said:

Announcers said during the broadcast is a shoulder ACL sprain that happened during Notre Dame game. He then reaggravated it during the McNeese game.
Just did a little looking, because ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) is in the knee.

When they're talking about an ACL sprain in the shoulder, it appears they're talking about a minor to mid tear in the acromioclavicular ligament. In other words, a separated shoulder. Depending upon the severity, a separated shoulder requires 2-12 weeks to heal, depending upon the severity.

I've had a separated shoulder. That's not something you play through, unless you're the ONLY guy available to go.

Question for our resident docs: Does reaggravation of a shoulder separation from a throwing motion rather than contact give any indication of the severity of the injury? Anyone willing to give an educated guess on length of recovery required?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Conner did look great against Ole Miss, LSU and Miami. No reason to change history. He does not even look good this year. That's what matters. He also fit Jimbo's offense more than Klein's. Unless CW can run the entire offense, Reed all day.

Conner looked good in three games we lost. Ringing endorsement.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
74AnimalA said:

The STORY is he hurt his shoulder in the 4th Qtr of the ND game on a QB sneak.
He improved enough to play against McNeese and perhaps the LEAD and some caution caused the early substitution of Marcel.

Then last week in practice it got worse and the SEC has new rules regarding Injury reporting, so he was listed as QUESTIONABLE. Supposedly during the PreGame warmups the decision was to start Reed. Elko was asked and said if something happened to Reed, Wegman was available.

Elko never had any intention of playing him. Good cover story to see what QB2 could do.

LB12Diamond
AG
$3 Sack of Groceries said:

LB12Diamond said:

Conner looked good in three games we lost. Ringing endorsement.

LOL. I'm surrounded by idiots. I'll let you figure out why you are one.
LB12Diamond
AG
I agree. I think the coaches decided during the week they wanted to go with Reed. And after that game it's not even a question for them who to go with this week.

That will continue unless something changes with Reed's play.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.