Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

CW would have done just as well today as MR

9,264 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TXAgDad28
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BraxtonW said:

Amen. Weigman would of put up better number than Reed

Weigman couldn't hit a RB in the flat against ND. Reed made an SEC team his *****. Something Conner has never done.
Bigdaddycigar
AG
$3 Sack of Groceries said:

BraxtonW said:

Amen. Weigman would of put up better number than Reed

Dude, you are spamming every thread with this insane defense of CW…and angrily so.
Are you on his payroll or something.
Reed absolutely killed it today. Why does that upset you so much?

It's way too premature to get rid of CW. Bench CW (with injury excuse) next two weeks and then let's talk
BraxtonW
AG
In the end Reed played great. If Conner struggles against bowling green you make the switch and Reed is now qb1 and I'll be his number one supporter
DW91AG95
AG
In the words of Charlie Murphy....Wrong!!!
Slicer97
AG
No, it ain't.
Slicer97
AG
BraxtonW said:

In the end Reed played great. If Conner struggles against bowling green you make the switch and Reed is now qb1 and I'll be his number one supporter

Reed is already QB1. The players know it too.
gopitt
Huge win Reed win it. Great
Great game.
rondis23
AG
Weigman goes 3& Out the first drive. Weigman would've stalled drive after drive. Anyone can see Reed is a chain mover, and gives his team a chance.
BraxtonW
AG
Slicer97 said:

BraxtonW said:

you wanna put money he is qb1 ?
Aston 91
AG
Cocaine is a helluva drug.
One Louder
AG
We were at the game and even though there were under 90,000 in attendance, it was just as loud as Kyle during the first half. CW would have mentally melted in that environment.
LuoJi
Lol Reed had as many yards after 1 drive as Weig gets in a game
DelValAg
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Bigdaddycigar said:

Face it our oline and run game dominated the game in the first half. CW would have thrown for more yards than MR but run for less. Let's not get ahead of ourselves by wanting a QB change. It wasn't the QB today that won.

Drunk at 7:00!

AM
Bigdaddycigar
AG
LuoJi said:

Oline and run game was why we won today. MR was good but didn't win the game for us.
DelValAg
Aston 91 said:

Cocaine is a helluva drug.
It wasn't cocaine it was angel dust, PCP
Brother Shamus
Bigdaddycigar said:

Face it our oline and run game dominated the game in the first half. CW would have thrown for more yards than MR but run for less. Let's not get ahead of ourselves by wanting a QB change. It wasn't the QB today that won.

Nope - he's the backup now. He had his chance on game one and ****ing blew it big time. Reed wasn't perfect but he delivered a better product.
Slicer97
AG
BraxtonW said:

Slicer97 said:

BraxtonW said:

you wanna put money he is qb1 ?

If Weigman starts next week, Elko has been bought off and should be fired.
one safe place
I don't know if we would have lost with Weigman at QB but it would have been a very close game.
Slicer97
AG
Bigdaddycigar said:

LuoJi said:

Oline and run game was why we won today. MR was good but didn't win the game for us.

Reed set the tone. He's a better leader and better QB than Weedman.

The only place the players are following Conner is down the snack aisle.
BraxtonW
AG
Taking dollar wagers on weig being qb1 next week. Let me know, doesn't count if he injured
Bigdaddycigar
AG
BraxtonW said:

Taking dollar wagers on weig being qb1 next week. Let me know, doesn't count if he injured

He'll be "injured" and won't play. If MR continues to roll the job is his.
Deputy Travis Junior
BraxtonW said:

I'll sig bet you. If Reed starts, for the rest of the season, you have to make your signature:
I'm stupid, Deputy Travis is smart. I was wrong, Deputy Travis was right. Deputy Travis is the best, I'm the worst. Deputy Travis is very good-looking, I'm not very attractive.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
I just don't agree at all.

My biggest problem with all the folks saying Conner "got right" last week was that he did very little in the flow of the offense. I mean, one of the passes that was celebrated on McGee's segment was a 15 yard out route. That's as routine as it gets, and it was a "highlight" play.

When Reed came in, his pure stats weren't as good, but his decision making and decisiveness was there, IMO. He had some bad throws early (low), but was getting the ball out of his hand and even the play where he tripped over the OL's feet he was seeing his guy release wide open over the middle and just couldn't get it out in time.

I just don't believe Conner would have looked anything like Reed did today. I think he'd have had the same issues he had against ND. Just go back and look at how often Reed torched pressure.
BraxtonW
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

BraxtonW said:

I'll sig bet you. If Reed starts, for the rest of the season, you have to make your signature:
I'm stupid, Deputy Travis is smart. I was wrong, Deputy Travis was right. Deputy Travis is the best, I'm the worst. Deputy Travis is very good-looking, I'm not very attractive.
yes let's go!!! If I win, you say Braxton, im on knees because you are a qb guru and know everything
LB12Diamond
AG
Nice post.

Besides the way he played. Klein also called different plays. It does appear Reed fits what Klein wants to do unless we were holding our offense back prior to this game. And I doubt that is what took place.
Deputy Travis Junior
Slicer97 said:

Bigdaddycigar said:

LuoJi said:

A little harsh, but truth is, against a legit p5 opponent, Weigman played the worst game of any A&M QB since Kyle Allen trashed his shoulder and threw 20+ straight incompletions (as somebody posted, Weigman would have had a higher passer rating if he'd spiked the ball every play). Reed, on the other hand, looked A+ while snapping A&M's 10 game road losing streak. His passes were crisp and on target, and on the ground he put a move on a defender that was so nasty that whatever talking head said it should be illegal.

You don't bench somebody who's producing for an unknown who was breathtakingly awful during his last real game time. This isn't even a debate.
Deputy Travis Junior
A little graphic but you're on
BraxtonW
AG

A little graphic but you're on
Bigdaddycigar
AG

Slicer97 said:

Bigdaddycigar said:

LuoJi said:

A little harsh, but truth is, against a legit p5 opponent, Weigman played the worst game of any A&M QB since Kyle Allen trashed his shoulder and threw 20+ straight incompletions (as somebody posted, Weigman would have had a higher passer rating if he'd spiked the ball every play). Reed, on the other hand, looked A+ while snapping A&M's 10 game road losing streak. His passes were crisp and on target, and on the ground he put a move on a defender that was so nasty that whatever talking head said it should be illegal.

You don't bench somebody who's producing for an unknown who was breathtakingly awful during his last real game time. This isn't even a debate.

Is MR or CW the unknown?
deer corn
QB change for the win. I'm sorry whichever donor you are, that it didn't work out. At least his QB banner stayed up for all of the halftime/commentator BS.

Shame on our donors OR whomever was calling the shots during ND game. Shame on you and get ****ed.
RC89
AG
Biggest thing to work on this week is getting ALL receivers to play every down and finish their routes. Just because your not primary target will not mean you won't get the ball moving forward.
Slicer97
AG
CW.

It's known Reed can beat an SEC team on the road.
OKC~Ag
QB management is not that hard

Reed wins, he plays...
if he starts losing, pull him and try CW can win
Cojack
Time to recruit Lagway for QB2
LB12Diamond
AG
Slicer97 said:

CW.

It's known Reed can beat an SEC team on the road.

I agree start Reed. But not for this reason. Weigman's only road SEC game was the one at Auburn with several O starters out. Silly reason.

Support Reed. No reason to throw shade at Conner. Especially when's it's BS.

Reed has swagger, Reed fits Klein's offense better. Reed is healthy. If Weigman changes these three maybe he can play again.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.