Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

CW would have done just as well today as MR

9,224 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TXAgDad28
Hill08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bigdaddycigar said:

Face it our oline and run game dominated the game in the first half. CW would have thrown for more yards than MR but run for less. Let's not get ahead of ourselves by wanting a QB change. It wasn't the QB today that won.

Idiot
SABUILDERAG
I'm a huge CW fan. I think he could be a playoff caliber QB. The problem is that he will need players around him that we just don't have right now. Our WR's are not great, and we don't have an elite TE at this point. With the tools available and CK's offensive philosophy, it is clear that Reed is the better option in 2024.

If Dono was 100% and Evan Stewart/Chris Marshall would have been what they had the potential to be, it would be a totally different story.

I also think that Conner has not been able to mentally get back to where he was as a competitor before the injury. I hope he can, either behind center or on the diamond, because he is an elite talent on both fields if he has the right people around him.
TexasAggiesWin
S
We found a few of those mysterious 'NIL donors' that, come hell or high water, want Weigman to play - regardless of results
redjalapeno-87
Reed now has 1 more road victory than CW
TyperWoods
Bigdaddycigar said:

Face it our oline and run game dominated the game in the first half. CW would have thrown for more yards than MR but run for less. Let's not get ahead of ourselves by wanting a QB change. It wasn't the QB today that won.

Maybe.

But he hasn't shown it this season.
taylorswift13_
redjalapeno-87 said:

and the same amount of wins against FBS teams
Muy
AG
redjalapeno-87 said:

Actually more SEC road wins than CW and Zach Johnson combined.
sincereag
Doesn't matter how Weigman would have done today because he can't stay on the field.
tk for tu juan
NowhereMan
I don't think CW gets you that first down run and drive 1.

CW maybe over at TAMu
TX AG 88
AG
Bigdaddycigar said:

Um, I think not. We have never seen him display the accuracy, mobility, or "it" factor that Reed has.
Aggie87
AG
Bigdaddycigar said:

LuoJi said:

Lol Reed had as many yards after 1 drive as Weig gets in a game

Oline and run game was why we won today. MR was good but didn't win the game for us.
You keep saying that. I do not think it means what you think it means.

The reason the running game was successful was because Reed is also a runner. Fla couldn't keep enough helmets close to cover every runner AND cover every WR.
Phone bill
I hope Weigman stays ready. I know we can win with him too. I think he might have learned a lot today watching from the sidelines.
OilManAg91
AG
Weigman is done. Whatever his shoulder injury is, won't heal in the next week or two. By then Reed will be anchored in the position. He won't see the field for the rest of the year unless in clean up time. Then he will transfer.
TexasAggiesWin
S

So would Uncle Rico, right?

Stranny
It's a lot more difficult to game plan a true dual threat QB. Put Reed in there with a an O-Line that showed up today, the way the backs ran, and the WRs start to develop… that's tough. You add defenders in the box to stop runs and the pass game comes open…. Start to defend the pass game and the run game gets going. I also think he brought a spark today that his team rallied around. I like CW, but sometimes change isn't a bad thing.
NeverSeenEmWin
Bigdaddycigar said:

No.

It's been obvious since Notre Dame.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Weigman wouldn't have hit Thor for the TD. There was a lot of pressure up the middle. Weigman would have panicked with his happy feet and bailed.
Ag1188
AG
TX AG 88 said:

Bigdaddycigar said:

Um, I think not. We have never seen him display the accuracy, mobility, or "it" factor that Reed has.
Weigman definitely looked good against Ole Miss & LSU two years ago. Not sure Miami was his fault given the free rushers. Marcel Reed is 2 for 2 now on very good P5 games.
Captain Caveman
AG
$3 Sack of Groceries said:

BraxtonW said:

Amen. Weigman would of put up better number than Reed

Dude, you are spamming every thread with this insane defense of CW…and angrily so.
Are you on his payroll or something.
Reed absolutely killed it today. Why does that upset you so much?

Good point. NIL jockey have to try and keep the stock up
gigemags-99
AG
Reed actually works through his progressions. Yes he can scramble / run as well - he should be QB1. First TD pass was enough evidence for me.
dixichkn
AG
He does not throw a pretty ball. Couple of ducks today actually. But Marcel definitely has some "it" factor to him

I still think Conner starts next week IF he's able to go. But his leash definitely lost a lot of chains this week. Great win by the Ags. And sorely needed
Farmer_J
OilManAg91 said:

Weigman is done. Whatever his shoulder injury is, won't heal in the next week or two. By then Reed will be anchored in the position. He won't see the field for the rest of the year unless in clean up time. Then he will transfer.

Weigman was done before today. No idea what happened but he lost his feel for the game.
TXAgDad28
Don't you mean Max Calzada?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.