Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Oklahoma Schedule

8,622 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Iraq2xVeteran
Maroon Elephant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tulane could very well take them down this weekend.
TexAgs Firestorm Survivor
#NeverForget
rootube
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Oklahoma had a narrow 16-12 home win against a terrible Big 12 UH team that was coming off an embarrassing 27-7 home loss to UNLV at home a week earlier. They will lose road games at Ole Miss, Missouri, and LSU, a neutral site game against Texas, and likely one of the home games against Tennessee or Alabama. That means Oklahoma will likely finish 7-5 (3-5 SEC) in their first year in the SEC. Of course, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Missouri have not played Power 4 teams yet. They will play their first Power 4 opponents this Saturday, and that will provide a good first impression of these 3 teams.

Before Saturday, I thought Oklahoma had a good chance of beating Texas because they were the only team to beat Texas in the regular season last year. But after Texas' dominating 31-12 road win at Michigan and Oklahoma's narrow 16-12 home win over Houston, I think Georgia is the only team that will beat Texas in the regular season, even in Austin. I can't stomach an undefeated 11-0 Texas coming to Kyle Field on 11/30.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself a little bit here. Remember ND was a top five team before last Saturday. They did look good against UM but that is a shadow of last year's team.
dixichkn
AG
maroon man said:

That's a hard schedule!

I honestly don't understand the big discrepancy in schedules this year. Texas has a super easy one; Ou got screwed.
You don't understand it? Really?

How many years have you been on this earth?
Seasoned Lifeguard
Maroon Elephant said:

Tulane could very well take them down this weekend.

And TU is getting 14 points. If I we're a betting man I'd be all over that
Aggie Dad 26
People complaining about UTran's schedule are funny. They played the defending national champions on the road. They have UGA at home and Georgia will probably be the national champion this year

Never change
LB12Diamond
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

People complaining about UTran's schedule are funny. They played the defending national champions on the road. They have UGA at home and Georgia will probably be the national champion this year

Never change

Help me out

Never change

Never change what?

Are you trolling or actually that clueless?

The so called NC you are propping lost 17 starters.

Yes they have Georgia at home the number 1 preseason SEC team.

And the rest of their SEC schedule is the following.

7 at a neutral site
8 on the road
And the bottom 5. 12-16.

Can you really not understand this one?????
Aggie Dad 26
LB12Diamond said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Never change

Help me out

Never change

Never change what?

Are you trolling or actually that clueless?

The so called NC you are propping lost 17 starters.

Yes they have Georgia at home the number 1 preseason SEC team.

And the rest of their SEC schedule is the following.

7 at a neutral site
8 on the road
And the bottom 5. 12-16.

Can you really not understand this one?????

So they were all seniors? Did UTrans know exactly how many starters they would lose when they scheduled them? When did the call to make this game happen?

Are you down playing Michigan? Do I need to go into the facts about that program?

Who's trolling here? Not me
Aggie Dad 26
Here's something else for you to troll

Ask any Arkansas fan who they hate more, A&M or UTrans. The vast majority will tell you UTrans. You know how Arkansas plays their asses off against A&M regardless of how bad they are? Well in the latest two meetings between Arkansas and UTrans, Arkansas 71 UTrans 28

Arkansas hasn't lost to them since 2008!

UTrans plays all three of their heated rival games outside of Austin!

AND they play UGA
hunter2012
AG
AgDad121619 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU
not a coincidence that tu got the opposite
Heineken-Ashi
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Never change
Defending national champs who lost all of their starters and coach, have been in the middle of a cheating scandal, and cant complete a forward pass.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Aggie Dad 26
The texags trolls told me Bama and LSU are "overrated" so I'm guessing we can erase them from that brutal schedule?
Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Never change
Defending national champs who lost all of their starters and coach, have been in the middle of a cheating scandal, and cant complete a forward pass.

Yes, but when was the game scheduled? 2 years ago? 3 years ago? Point is, no one could have predicted the coaching change or who would leave Michigan for the NFL
Heineken-Ashi
I'm not personally knocking them for their scheduling. All I'm saying is beating THIS Michigan means nothing. That wasn't defending champ Michigan
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

I'm not personally knocking them for their scheduling. All I'm saying is beating THIS Michigan means nothing. That wasn't defending champ Michigan

Agreed 100%
AgDad121619
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Agreed 100%
you sure you aren't Cajun? That was some slick crawfishing after carrying their water
LB12Diamond
AG
Clueless and stubborn it is.

You should have just said you were trolling.
northeastag
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Agreed 100%
They still look pretty darned good, though. Their game an against Georgia will be "must see tv".
LB12Diamond
AG
They can be good and also have a crap schedule.

The main reason their schedule is getting so much attention is bc of the difference between theirs and OUs.

It just seems they gave them Georgia bc Texas had just played Bama. And of course they would give them OU and A&M. So those were obvious required match ups. And then they give them the bottom 5.

Now most of the choices were obviously for story lines as well instead of breaking it up evenly.

Vols bc their coach played at OU.
Hogs and Texas, Missouri and OU past conference games.

The weird part was them giving OU both LSU and Ole Miss.

So it appears OU got LSU so they could play each other at the end of the year. This was done to appease Texas. So they get OU in the middle and A&M at the end of the year.

Where they messed up was giving OU Ole Miss. they should have had Texas going to Ole Miss and OU going to Vandy. They do that one and it would not look as bad for sip favoritism.
zafzo
Iraq2xVeteran said:

I can't stomach an undefeated 11-0 Texas coming to Kyle Field on 11/30.
Honestly that would be a great setup for the Ags. That's going to be a game where records don't mean a darn thing. A decade plus of of not playing, the rivalry hate coming back with a vengeance, Texas being the media darling again, and an A&M squad with a new coach?

Yes please. I'll be there and it's going to be a hell of a game. I'd rather it be 11-0 Texas coming into Kyle over 10-1 or 9-2. All the pressure would be on them to stay undefeated against a long time in state rival with a ton of pent up hate.
zafzo
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Ask any Arkansas fan who they hate more, A&M or UTrans. The vast majority will tell you UTrans.

UTrans plays all three of their heated rival games outside of Austin!
Arkansas hates themselves more than anyone. :-)

I do miss the old SWC rivalries. Texas - Arkansa was a top rivalry in the 60s, 70s, and 80s it should come back a bit with Arkansas and Texas being permanent opponents. Hopefully Arkansas can improve.

I wish the Ags would have gotten LSU, Arkansas, and Texas as permanents instead of LSU, MSU, and Texas.

Considering I grew up watching them in the SWC, I'd love to see Texas A&M, Texas, and Arkansas as the top dogs in the SEC beating the crap out of each other.
zafzo
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Never change

Yes, but when was the game scheduled? 2 years ago? 3 years ago? Point is, no one could have predicted the coaching change or who would leave Michigan for the NFL
Are you trying to bring logic and reason to the zoo?
LB12Diamond
AG
zafzo said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Never change

Are you trying to bring logic and reason to the zoo?

How's that's logical.

We are not stating they did not schedule a blue blood. The logical ones are stating Michigan lost 17 starters and not that great this year.

As far as when they scheduled it. It's not just 2-3 years ago. These series are set up way further out than that one. When it was scheduled both schools were probably average.

So many trolls.
Tex117
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

They will probably win more of those games than some here think. I think they have a very good chance at beating UTrans
OU almost always has a chance of beating Texas.

Aggie Dad 26
LB12Diamond said:

Clueless and stubborn it is.

You should have just said you were trolling.

The original thought was scheduling. That's what's being discussed. If a scheduled blue blood goes through a coaching change, and players leaving early for the draft makes you sleep better, then it speaks about your weak thinking and grasping at straws than anything else

They scheduled a blue blood... a road game for their first season in the SEC

They drew the best team in the nation in their first season in the SEC

They play 2 of their 3 rivals in said rivals stadium. They play OU at a neutral site.

Since when did an SEC schedule become "weak?" I've never seen one. I'm guessing because we hate UTrans and they beat the brakes off Michigan... IN Michigan we're supposed to tear down their schedule? Looks "Little Brother" to me and is embarrassing

We don't play Alabama or UGA this season.

Our toughest games are all at home. We wiffed on ND because our coach stuck with a guy who struggled to hit receivers just 5 yards away from the LOS

Don't be salty. It's screwing with your thought process and you're losing all logic. You look stupid
Aggie Dad 26
Lastly, name one school who has a harder back to back games scheduled?

I'll take OU-UGA as the hardest 2 game stretch in college football
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
LB12Diamond said:

They can be good and also have a crap schedule.

The main reason their schedule is getting so much attention is bc of the difference between theirs and OUs.

It just seems they gave them Georgia bc Texas had just played Bama. And of course they would give them OU and A&M. So those were obvious required match ups. And then they give them the bottom 5.

Now most of the choices were obviously for story lines as well instead of breaking it up evenly.

Vols bc their coach played at OU.
Hogs and Texas, Missouri and OU past conference games.

The weird part was them giving OU both LSU and Ole Miss.

So it appears OU got LSU so they could play each other at the end of the year. This was done to appease Texas. So they get OU in the middle and A&M at the end of the year.

Where they messed up was giving OU Ole Miss. they should have had Texas going to Ole Miss and OU going to Vandy. They do that one and it would not look as bad for sip favoritism.
I agree with you. Most of the schedule setup was for preserving major rivalries, such as playing the Oklahoma-Texas Red River Rivalry in mid October, storylines, and reviving past conference games between Arkansas and Texas and Missouri and Oklahoma. I understand that the SEC had Oklahoma and Texas playing each other in rivalry week to allow Texas play Oklahoma in Texas and Texas A&M at the end of the regular season, but Oklahoma should not have gotten both LSU and Ole Miss. The SEC should have had Texas play Ole Miss and Oklahoma play Vanderbilt in their first 2 years in the conference because it would have created more parity and balance.

It will take until at least 2026, our 15th year in the SEC before Georgia's visit to College Station and our visit to Lexington, Kentucky. I was hoping it would happen in an all-SEC schedule in 2020, but instead we got an additional home game against Florida and an additional road game at Tennessee. The rotating cross-division from 2014 to 2025 had already scheduled Florida's visit to College Station in 2022 and our visit to Knoxville in 2023. That cross-division rotation originally scheduled Georgia's visit to College Station in 2024 and our visit to Lexington in 2025, but the SEC additions of Oklahoma and Texas stopped the rotation two years short of completion.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
zafzo said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I can't stomach an undefeated 11-0 Texas coming to Kyle Field on 11/30.
Honestly that would be a great setup for the Ags. That's going to be a game where records don't mean a darn thing. A decade plus of of not playing, the rivalry hate coming back with a vengeance, Texas being the media darling again, and an A&M squad with a new coach?

Yes please. I'll be there and it's going to be a hell of a game. I'd rather it be 11-0 Texas coming into Kyle over 10-1 or 9-2. All the pressure would be on them to stay undefeated against a long time in state rival with a ton of pent up hate.
I will be going to the game too, but I would rather Texas come to Kyle Field with a 9-2 record and a CFP spot on the line. Even if we enter the game 7-4 or 8-3, we would play the spoiler role by beating Texas to knock Texas out of a CFP spot. Nothing would be sweeter. If they were 11-0, they would already have a CFP spot and an SEC Championship Game appearance clinched.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.