Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Oklahoma Schedule

8,559 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Iraq2xVeteran
zafzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU
Aggie Dad 26
zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

They will probably win more of those games than some here think. I think they have a very good chance at beating UTrans
zafzo
Aggie Dad 26 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

They will probably win more of those games than some here think. I think they have a very good chance at beating UTrans

They always have a good chance. It's a neutral site rivalry game where records don't matter much.

They didn't look great vs Houston and could easily be 6-6 although I think they're an 8-4 team.
HeyAbbott
AG
Always root for Zero U and Venables to lose
achooooo
We played 3 out those six every year.
Aggie Dad Sip
zafzo said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

They always have a good chance. It's a neutral site rivalry game where records don't matter much.

They didn't look great vs Houston and could easily be 6-6 although I think they're an 8-4 team.

OU is 12-8 in the last 20 in the Cotton Bowl vs Texas, and 7-3 in the last 10. Chances are Texas loses.
Aggie Dad 26
zafzo said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

Omg the sky is falling
AgDad121619
AG
zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU
not a coincidence that tu got the opposite
aggiedad7
zafzo said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

I'd think 7-5 is more likely. Their O is really bad and breaking in 5 new OLineman and a new QB. 4 of those 6 are road or neutral site games. I'd. think 6-6 is more likely than 8-4. They were lucky to beat UH. If I were an OU fan the most disturbing stat is 75 rushing yds against UH. If your QB is not good, you've lost your best WR, and you can't run the ball you're in real trouble in the SEC.
Logos Stick
Hope you're right. Always good to see OU lose.
GigEmReggie
Aggie Dad Sip said:

zafzo said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

OU is 12-8 in the last 20 in the Cotton Bowl vs Texas, and 7-3 in the last 10. Chances are Texas loses.
OU might beat them, though I'd be surprised as tu has the far superior QB and better looking team overall. But results under different coaching staffs and entirely different rosters aren't compelling reasons to think they will.
CoachTx.Ags
lol at the same sock replying to his own thread
rootube
AG
zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

If they get two wins from that group they will be lucky.
Duckhook
AG
HeyAbbott said:

Except once a year.
maroon man
S
That's a hard schedule!

I honestly don't understand the big discrepancy in schedules this year. Texas has a super easy one; Ou got screwed.

OKC~Ag
ou will likely get one win from above list...

so 7-5 in SEC year 1...not bad

they get lucky and beat another from above list, 8-4...that would be a great year

although natives may be restless with 7-5...they will accept it.

Aggie Apotheosis
OU was outgained by Houston and Houston is not good. Venables kept the wrong QB.
Deus Vult
AgDad121619 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU
TexAgs23
HeyAbbott said:

Except for that one game each year in Dallas.
ohioag67
AG
maroon man said:

That's a hard schedule!

I honestly don't understand the big discrepancy in schedules this year. Texas has a super easy one; Ou got screwed.
It's their welcome to the tu conference.
90ags
The looked awful vs a bad UH team (Arnold is just as unproven in decision making as CW at the moment). If tu plays like they did vs UM (where ewers has time and easily seeing the field and making the right decisions), it may not be a game this year.

Too bad tu doesn't get that type of sched vs. cakewalk handed to them (only UGA will give them a game, but that's a home game for them).

We have to improve 10 fold by EOY to compete.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
LB12Diamond
AG
OU is used to being told what to do by the sips. Don't feel sorry for them at all bc they are pretty good at obeying them.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
AgDad121619 said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

Without looking at their schedule, if A&M and Meatchicken don't step it up, Georgia could be the only team on their schedule that finishes the season ranked.

Snakey gonna snake.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
The Okies get that same schedule year 2 and they and probably looking at 1-5 or 0-6 for this year in those games. I think they find a way to ruin tu's season with an upset win in Dallas.

Tu then loses to Georgia and their season starts to unravel.

One or both of the SEC title game teams is likely in that list. With 16 teams, only 8 conference games and a very unbalanced schedule, there are a lot of teams that could go 7-1 or 6-2 and make the title game ahead of tu and/or ga.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Stankey in the grass wanted to take out OU early, so his beloved Horns can rise to the top against Bama & Georgia.

LB12Diamond
AG
Don't sleep on Texas playing down to a team and making a game close. See both TCU and Houston last year. Its early but Vanderbilt might be the team that pulls the upset.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

OU is used to being told what to do by the sips. Don't feel sorry for them at all bc they are pretty good at obeying them.
All the while, being more successful than them on the field. OU joined the SEC as a money grab and to not be left behind, as the big 12 is garbage, now. I used to hate OU as well, until I visited with my son, who's now attending there. It reminds me more of what A&M was when I was there, then College Station does these days.
LB12Diamond
AG
Don't take my post as hating on OU. My mom is from Oklahoma and a big time Sooner fan. I even had a Bosworth shirt when I was little.

My post was more pointing out that they do bend to the sips even with their football success. If it's bc they did not manage their money correctly that's still on them.

They have been used to only going against a couple of good teams a year. Similar to Ohio State. The SEC is going to be hard on their fan base. And playing at LSU at the end of the year is a lot different than playing Oklahoma State.

Texas is also not going to like it once they get a typical SEC schedule.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Oklahoma had a narrow 16-12 home win against a terrible Big 12 UH team that was coming off an embarrassing 27-7 home loss to UNLV at home a week earlier. They will lose road games at Ole Miss, Missouri, and LSU, a neutral site game against Texas, and likely one of the home games against Tennessee or Alabama. That means Oklahoma will likely finish 7-5 (3-5 SEC) in their first year in the SEC. Of course, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Missouri have not played Power 4 teams yet. They will play their first Power 4 opponents this Saturday, and that will provide a good first impression of these 3 teams.

Before Saturday, I thought Oklahoma had a good chance of beating Texas because they were the only team to beat Texas in the regular season last year. But after Texas' dominating 31-12 road win at Michigan and Oklahoma's narrow 16-12 home win over Houston, I think Georgia is the only team that will beat Texas in the regular season, even in Austin. I can't stomach an undefeated 11-0 Texas coming to Kyle Field on 11/30.
Heineken-Ashi
Aggie Apotheosis said:

OU was outgained by Houston and Houston is not good. Venables kept the wrong QB.
And the refs gifted them 7 points early in the game when the ref defaulted to giving OU the ball with no clear sign the UH player touched it, leaving a "no clear evidence review".

That was a loss all day that OU magically avoided. They are awful and will be exposed in a huge way soon.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
LB12Diamond
AG
Thought the same. I did not see it touch the returner. And it was clear by his reaction he did not touch it.

Their issues are the O line. Not the new QB. Not a recipe for success in the SEC. They also appear to be very undisciplined.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Don't sleep on Texas playing down to a team and making a game close. See both TCU and Houston last year. Its early but Vanderbilt might be the team that pulls the upset.
That is true. Texas jumped out to big leads in road games at 4-8 (2-7 Big 12) Houston and 5-7 (3-6 Big 12) TCU before hanging on for narrow wins. After coming off a 34-24 win at Alabama, Texas was tied 10-10 with Wyoming after 3 quarters before pulling away for a 31-10 home win. Besides Texas A&M, they have two true road games at Vanderbilt and Arkansas. Hopefully, we can beat them.
Zachary Klement
AG
zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU
Curious to see how those teams end up ranked.
UT looks really good.
tu looks good, but outside of the Bama win last year, I am not blown away by anything they have done.
Ole Miss has done nothing.
Missouri has done nothing.
Bama has done nothing and looked terrible this weekend until the fourth quarter.
LSU has done nothing and already has a loss...wild they are somehow still ranked 16.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
rootube said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU

If they get two wins from that group they will be lucky.

Agree. Their QB is not good even though my ou buddies assured me he is wayyy better than Dylan Gabriel.
Losing Lebby as their OC was an even bigger blow.

Venebles defense won't be able to hold any of those teams under 28 points which is what they will need to win.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Zachary Klement said:

zafzo said:

Ouch...

#7 Tennessee
#2 Texas
@ #5 Ole Miss
@ #6 Mizzou
#4 Bama
@ #16 LSU
Curious to see how those teams end up ranked.
UT looks really good.
tu looks good, but outside of the Bama win last year, I am not blown away by anything they have done.
Ole Miss has done nothing.
Missouri has done nothing.
Bama has done nothing and looked terrible this weekend until the fourth quarter.
LSU has done nothing and already has a loss...wild they are somehow still ranked 16.
I agree that we should wait to see how these ranked teams finish. Alabama, Ole Miss, and Missouri have not played Power 4 teams yet. They will play their first Power 4 opponents this Saturday, and that will provide the first true indications of these 3 teams. LSU lost their only Power 4 game, but they are somehow still ranked 16th. By week 5, every SEC team will have played at least one conference game and 2 games against Power 4 teams. For these reasons, I don't think the first rankings should be published until Week 5.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.