Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M unranked - 8 SEC teams ranked

8,693 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Loftin
HoustonAggie427
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are we really in the bottom half of the league already?!?!
cmac94
AG
Yes….seems right to me
TXAG 05
AG
What have we done to deserve to be ranked?
Aggie Dad 26
We don't deserve it
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Interesting since we were 26 in AP and 27 in Coaches last week, and the number of teams 18-25 that lost. Still some adjustment, obviously
Aggie Therapist
AG
I think the Florida game will be very telling where this team is at and 2024 potential
Kraft Punk
Why do yall give these sip threads attention?
LB12Diamond
AG
We were ranked bud. But lost. Thats how it kind of works.
Logos Stick
ND ranked at 18. Lol
Aggie Dad 26
Kraft Punk said:

Because we touch ourselves?
Heineken-Ashi
TXAG 05 said:

What has Missouri done?
Kansas State?
LSU?
Oklahoma?
Michigan?
Clemson?
Louisville?
Arizona?
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

TXAG 05 said:

What has Missouri done?
Kansas State?
LSU?
Oklahoma?
Michigan?
Clemson?
Louisville?
Arizona?

You named a bunch of programs that are 2-0. Clemson isn't but they've also won championships in the last 10 years. Same goes for Michigan

Any Aggie that's upset over not being ranked comes off as a beggar
Heineken-Ashi
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

TXAG 05 said:

What has Missouri done?
Kansas State?
LSU?
Oklahoma?
Michigan?
Clemson?
Louisville?
Arizona?

You named a bunch of programs that are 2-0. Clemson isn't but they've also won championships in the last 10 years. Same goes for Michigan

So what have they done to deserve being ranked? Most of them haven't even a played a team that could beat a directional school.

I said nothing about us. The comment was.. "what has A&M done to deserve being ranked?" We got punished for a bad game against a marquee opponent while these other teams are given the benefit of the doubt against trash schools. LSU has looked like complete trash. Have they done more than us?

Just trying to hold other teams to the standard of the comment I addressed. Rankings this early are incredibly stupid and only serve the purpose of driving media attention. Oddsmakers don't even what the hell to do until 3-4 weeks in. It's all ridiculous. But you can't hold A&M to a standard of "what have they done" while ranking Louisville. Go check their last 4-5 games and ask.. "what have they done to deserve being ranked?".

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
MobileAGG85
AG
Rankings at this time of the year are a joke. ND to still be ranked is a joke. NIU being ranked is a joke.
Slicer97
AG
Why do we care about a poll that has no real relevance made by a bunch of writers that never played the game beyond high school if that?
Burnsey
AG
Best 1-1 team in the college football.
czar_iv
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I think the Florida game will be very telling where this team is at and 2024 potential
Klein and the offense failed the first test; lets hope he can make adjustments to the ND game.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
aglaes
AG
Logos Stick said:

ND ranked at 18. Lol
Our loss to ND looking like a bad loss instead of a "good" loss.
BillYeoman
A&M will finish in the top 10 this year.

Let it play out
Ag1188
AG
aglaes said:

Logos Stick said:

ND ranked at 18. Lol
Our loss to ND looking like a bad loss instead of a "good" loss.
all the ND games so far proved is that the QB for ND isn't an elite thrower.
Noctilucent
AG
What a buncha butthurt vajay jays! Yuh gotta win before you're ranked. One win against a cupcake don't cut it. Get back to me whenever we win 3-4 in a row! That's ranked or unranked, just so there's no ambiguity.
texag101
Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

TXAG 05 said:

What has Missouri done?
Kansas State?
LSU?
Oklahoma?
Michigan?
Clemson?
Louisville?
Arizona?

So what have they done to deserve being ranked? Most of them haven't even a played a team that could beat a directional school.

I said nothing about us. The comment was.. "what has A&M done to deserve being ranked?" We got punished for a bad game against a marquee opponent while these other teams are given the benefit of the doubt against trash schools. LSU has looked like complete trash. Have they done more than us?

Just trying to hold other teams to the standard of the comment I addressed. Rankings this early are incredibly stupid and only serve the purpose of driving media attention. Oddsmakers don't even what the hell to do until 3-4 weeks in. It's all ridiculous. But you can't hold A&M to a standard of "what have they done" while ranking Louisville. Go check their last 4-5 games and ask.. "what have they done to deserve being ranked?".
I'm convinced you don't watch college football.
Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

TXAG 05 said:

What has Missouri done?
Kansas State?
LSU?
Oklahoma?
Michigan?
Clemson?
Louisville?
Arizona?

Many of the top 25 schools have only played easy opponents with the exception of a few. They have to fill the rankings out and I don't think any of it comes off as ridiculous.

It changes from week to week as teams are exposed.

What exactly are you wanting?
Heineken-Ashi
For our own fans to use the same logic with other teams they use for us. None of the teams I've listed have proven anything more than we have. I'm ok with us not being ranked and still haven't attempted to to make a case that we should be. But when someone asks "what have we done to deserve it" and I can list over half a dozen other teams that have done less or at best equal with their only caveat that they haven't played anyone, and nobody can give a reason outside of "they have two wins over high schools", I think it's fair to wonder why we're not in the rankings while others are. I even stated that it's meaningless. So not exactly sure where the point in my posts is being missed, other than by fans who want to crap all of our program without holding multiple others to the same standard.

BBYD09
AG
We're 0-0 in league play. Just win.
infinity ag
HJack20
AG
Rankings are meaningless this early. Once you get a handful of games played, they start to accurately reflect the merit of each team.
greg.w.h
AG
HoustonAggie427 said:

Are we really in the bottom half of the league already?!?!
Are polls utterly useless?
Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

For our own fans to use the same logic with other teams they use for us. None of the teams I've listed have proven anything more than we have. I'm ok with us not being ranked and still haven't attempted to to make a case that we should be. But when someone asks "what have we done to deserve it" and I can list over half a dozen other teams that have done less or at best equal with their only caveat that they haven't played anyone, and nobody can give a reason outside of "they have two wins over high schools", I think it's fair to wonder why we're not in the rankings while others are. I even stated that it's meaningless. So not exactly sure where the point in my posts is being missed, other than by fans who want to crap all of our program without holding multiple others to the same standard.

That's fair.

Louisville hasn't lost. If and when they do they will probably plummet. I don't watch their games and know nothing about their roster but the people that matter felt they were top 20-25 material going into this season for whatever reason. They're no media darling so I can't imagine their being some sort of hidden agenda there
conroeag03
People don't realize that McNeese and Northern Illinois are very good football teams. That'll become more apparent as the season progresses. All of the Elko hate is a little premature. Let's not run off another good coach like Jimbo, Sumlin, Sherman, Fran, etc…
zafzo
Logos Stick said:

ND ranked at 18. Lol

What a joke.
Whaler
AG
"So what have they done to deserve being ranked? Most of them haven't even a played a team that could beat a directional school."

Notre Dame lost to a directional school. Yet Notre Dame beat us…. AT HOME. And we looked like total crap in the loss. We don't deserve to be ranked. Maybe we can earn our way back in, but we're not off to a very good start.
Ginormus Ag
AG
The longer we are not ranked, the better is for us. Once we get ranked we tend to usually lose the next couple of games. It is like a reverse jinx to not be ranked.
Hill08
Kraft Punk said:

Weak take. Just because someone speaks the truth doesn't make them a sip.
QCAg93
AG
Yes, we have A LOT to prove. Who was the last coach we welcomed back to campus regularly? Slocum right. When was the last time we had a championship of any sort? Don't worry! It is not the coach's fault but our board and president who gave Jimbo a ridiculous contract and hired other bozos. I could have cared less about Franchione and Fisher. I wish Sumlin and Sherman would have had better success though. Since the 1990s most classes have no idea what it is like to be in the top ten or near it throughout the season.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.