Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Look. I'm just as jaded as yall are, but…

6,911 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by joe crombie
Million
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Conner had one bad game. Why are y'all so ready to crucify him? He's only played like 8 collegiate games before Saturday. Y'all are a bunch of overreacting jerks.
Captain Winky
Yeah, why is everyone being such poopy heads?
harge57
AG
"One bad game" AKA the worst QB performance I have ever seen in a CFB game.... no seriously, worst ever.
aglaes
AG
harge57 said:

"One bad game" AKA the worst QB performance I have ever seen in a CFB game.... no seriously, worst ever.

Maybe one of the worst for an Aggie QB, but I've seen worse. Was not the worst ever.
twhitfield8758
AG
I agree with the OP. This is a young man and we need to support Conner. He has shown he has talent. This is obviously a major setback, but also an opportunity for growth.

He is either going to rise up or he is not, but while he is our starter, we need to support him! Some of these posts are ridiculous.
Coppell97
AG
aglaes said:

harge57 said:

Maybe one of the worst for an Aggie QB, but I've seen worse. Was not the worst ever.

Coppell97
AG
aglaes said:

harge57 said:

jt16
AG
I'm more mad our coaches did absolutely nothing to try and come up with an answer. I get that maybe his terrible performance probably surprised them, but you have to try and find a spark from anywhere you can and grind out that win.
LB12Diamond
AG
I have no problem with a bad game if he was actually getting blasted and under constant pressure.

But there was no pressure on the majority of all those happy feet throws. Meaning it's actually a head issue. Just my opinion but those tend to be a constant future issue. You can't play this game correctly scared.
Bison
AG
LB12Diamond said:

I have no problem with a bad game if he was actually getting blasted and under constant pressure.

But there was no pressure on the majority of all those happy feet throws. Meaning it's actually a head issue. Just my opinion but those tend to be a constant future issue. You can't play this game correctly scared.
Given the content of certain other threads, are there some hidden jokes in this wording?

Hayek. Reagan. Bison.

– – hell yes I can be mad! I had fifty bucks at 40:1 on a natty, and now I’m stuck with Natty Light to drink!
JOHN2010
AG
lol @ op

JJ2005
AG
New to Aggie football? See some of the Slocum era QBs
Sterling82
Weigman deserves criticism. But continuing to run down everything about the guy borders on being hateful and is uncalled for.
Aggie Dad 26
Million said:

Conner had one bad game. Why are y'all so ready to crucify him? He's only played like 8 collegiate games before Saturday. Y'all are a bunch of overreacting jerks.

Not really. Some of us just don't like excuses. He's had enough opportunity to prove himself. The two guys below him have worked their butts off too. If I was terrible at my job I would expect something to change.

I said he numerous times before the season started. Reed has the highest ceiling. Start him!

Go forward with your excuses and enjoy being mediocre. Some of us will continue to demand better results
Papa Joe
AG
QB Marcel Reed is the best option at this point with our new OC.
mds2010
AG
Coppell97 said:

aglaes said:

harge57 said:

How does this make sense? So his rating would have been better if he was 0-60 for 0 yards?
Maroon Dawn
AG
He's a glass injury prone kid who has NEVER lived up to his billing and just turned in the actual WORST PERFORMANCE IN THE NATION

So yeah he deserves all the criticism he's getting and so do our coaches for refusing to pull him
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
I keep seeing Reed being pushed to be the starter. According to 247, his high school completion percentage was 54%. Mike Leach used to explain that kids don't jump from 50% completion rate in high school to over 60% completion rate in college. You start Reed, then the other teams will load the box and force him to throw.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
Coppell97
AG
2 INTs
Mike Elkos Burner
Coppell97 said:

aglaes said:

harge57 said:

He had the highest PFF grade for a QB last season until his injury. Even then, Jayden Daniels didn't jump ahead of him until week 5 or 6. Nobody talks about that. Or how he had the 2nd highest career TD-INT ratio among P4 starting QBs heading into this season. Everybody is so quick to crucify this dude after one horrible game.
mds2010
AG
I thought about that. I guess 2 INTS offset 12 completions?

Just would like to understand the formula.
Timberwolf
AG
Maybe it's just all between the ears. Too much for him to overcome
aggiedad7
2 years ago Ewers had a game as bad as this against TCU. Sips scored 3 offensive points. Ewers was under 50%. And I assume TCU was stacking the box because Bijon Robinson had almost nothing either. Ewers will never live up to the hype but he's more than serviceable at this point. I haven't given up all hope for CW but he's gotta be on a short lease.
TexasAGGIEinAR
aggiedad7 said:

2 years ago Ewers had a game as bad as this against TCU. Sips scored 3 offensive points. Ewers was under 50%. And I assume TCU was stacking the box because Bijon Robinson had almost nothing either. Ewers will never live up to the hype but he's more than serviceable at this point. I haven't given up all hope for CW but he's gotta be on a short lease.

A mothafkn SHORT LEASE! Evict him!!
SunrayAg
AG
This was no where near the worst performance by Aggie QB.

You only need to look back 2 years at the turd laid on the field by Texags zoo's favorite son Haynes King against Ap State.
AustinAg2K
harge57 said:

I'm guessing you missed the game against Bama where Kyle Allen threw 3 ints, all of which were returned for TDs?
harge57
AG
13-20 97 yds 0 int, 17 yds rushing.

Worse opponent, but better stat line.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Million said:

If you don't like the critique, don't read the board. You know what's going to be posted here. You're the overreacting jerk if you think anything you say is going to change people's right to voice their opinions.
The Porkchop Express
AG
jt16 said:

I'm more mad our coaches did absolutely nothing to try and come up with an answer. I get that maybe his terrible performance probably surprised them, but you have to try and find a spark from anywhere you can and grind out that win.
Exactly this. Go double tight end and run the ball. Put in a running QB for one series to see if it throws off their defense.

That game could have gone 30 more quarters and A&M's offense wasn't going to score.
harge57
AG
Shockingly Kyle Allen had a higher QBR (barely)

Kyle Allen
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
20/40 263 6.6 1 3 32.0

Conner Weigman
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
12/30 100 3.3 0 2 31.8

Bill Superman
AG
SunrayAg said:

This was no where near the worst performance by Aggie QB.

You only need to look back 2 years at the turd laid on the field by Texags zoo's favorite son Haynes King against Ap State.
This. Folks also conveniently act like 77-0, 59-0 or Ark St. didn't happen.
one safe place
Million said:

:"Bad" doesn't do it justice. He would have to climb a 48' extension ladder, extended, to barely be able to see the underside of "bad."
AustinAg2K
Reggie McNeal vs OU in 2003... 4 of 13 for 32 yards.
Million
The Porkchop Express said:

Million said:

If you don't like the critique, don't read the board. You know what's going to be posted here. You're the overreacting jerk if you think anything you say is going to change people's right to voice their opinions.

If you don't like my critique, don't read my post. You know what's going to be posted here. Stop trying to change my right to voice my opinion. Loser.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

He's had enough opportunity to prove himself. The two guys below him have worked their butts off too. If I was terrible at my job I would expect something to change.
He had the #2 QB rating in the country at the time he got injured last year

Yeah he sucked. We know that. HE knows that. I guess you've never had a bad day in your life?

Now does he need to be on a short leash, yes. If he's struggling against freaking McNeese he needs to be replaced before this thing gets out of control. But he's done nothing in the time he's been here until Saturday night to deserve the vitriol you tw*twaffles have been throwing at him. I'm good with one more shot. But if he's not absolutely dominating McNeese then yeah let's have this conversation in a week
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.