Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Look. I'm just as jaded as yall are, but…

6,997 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by joe crombie
Sterling82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mike Elkos Burner said:

Coppell97 said:

aglaes said:

harge57 said:

"One bad game" AKA the worst QB performance I have ever seen in a CFB game.... no seriously, worst ever.

Maybe one of the worst for an Aggie QB, but I've seen worse. Was not the worst ever.

He had the highest PFF grade for a QB last season until his injury. Even then, Jayden Daniels didn't jump ahead of him until week 5 or 6. Nobody talks about that. Or how he had the 2nd highest career TD-INT ratio among P4 starting QBs heading into this season. Everybody is so quick to crucify this dude after one horrible game.

Not surprisingly, the hang him now crowd aren't interested in such stats unless they're from last Saturday. As a matter of fact, they're irrelevant to the point that Weigman sucked all through the compilation of those metrics.
Kozmozag
We win that game if cw was just bad, he just had to be terrible.
Zackdh9
AG
Coppell97 said:

aglaes said:

harge57 said:

"One bad game" AKA the worst QB performance I have ever seen in a CFB game.... no seriously, worst ever.

Maybe one of the worst for an Aggie QB, but I've seen worse. Was not the worst ever.

BBRex
AG
I was prepared for an underwhelming game. Notre Dame was ranked, we have a new coach, Weigman was coming back from injury. I wasn't prepared for the kind of bad game he had. The game was very winnable, except for his execution. If we had a half-decent quarterback performance, this season starts in a completely different direction.
Loftin
AG
I'm never mad at one of our players for playing poorly. I'm upset with the coaches for not making the desperately needed substitution.
warrington74
AG
Let him show us who he is
rsf0626
Y'all….its been one game with a new HC and OC.

If he still looks bad against McNeese then we can start having these conversations. I've never seen this fanbase turn so fast on a player
rsf0626
The Porkchop Express
AG
Million said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Million said:

Conner had one bad game. Why are y'all so ready to crucify him? He's only played like 8 collegiate games before Saturday. Y'all are a bunch of overreacting jerks.
If you don't like the critique, don't read the board. You know what's going to be posted here. You're the overreacting jerk if you think anything you say is going to change people's right to voice their opinions.

If you don't like my critique, don't read my post. You know what's going to be posted here. Stop trying to change my right to voice my opinion. Loser.
I didn't know that you were on your period because I'm not up to speed on your menstrual cycle.
halfastros81
AG
Elko is a ball coach. He wants to win. If he thinks someone else gives us a better chance to win he's going to play them imo. Weigman was bad Saturday. He has been good to very good before Saturday . I dunno what happened.
LB12Diamond
AG
He played scared. We went all year without being hit once in practice it appears. Those 1,000 reps in practice are not the same when he know he can get blasted in a game.

He needs to get blasted this week in practice and see if that makes him see. Heys it's going to be alright. Get in there and play the right way. Or if he continues with happy feet.
Magneto
AG
Bad performance
No leadership
Vomiting
His happy feet
That magic trick interview with all the jive talk

All of this was just weird ya'll, that's why we are concerned about what we have for QB1. It all came out this week all at once.
McKinney Ag69
AG
I miss the days of having a strait laced qb with a good head on their shoulders like a Johnny football.
redjalapeno-87
dixichkn said:

He had the #2 QB rating in the country at the time he got injured last year

The 2023 QBR in his first 4 games before injury was padded by cupcakes New Mexico and Louisiana-Monroe. He played well at Miami in a loss. He was not playing well that first half against Auburn, neither did he play well in a loss to Auburn in 2022.

Weigman's overall record is now 5-4. He is what his record tells you he is. He can beat the cupcakes and pad his stats, and play average to below average against Power 5 teams. He has never brought the team back while behind in the 4th quarter.
halfastros81
AG
Maybe he was playing scared but he didn't get hit a whole lot in the game from what I recall. I didn't rewatch the game but he was only sacked once and he didn't get blasted on the plays he ran that I can remember.
Million

Million said:

Million said:

Conner had one bad game. Why are y'all so ready to crucify him? He's only played like 8 collegiate games before Saturday. Y'all are a bunch of overreacting jerks.
If you don't like the critique, don't read the board. You know what's going to be posted here. You're the overreacting jerk if you think anything you say is going to change people's right to voice their opinions.

If you don't like my critique, don't read my post. You know what's going to be posted here. Stop trying to change my right to voice my opinion. Loser.
I didn't know that you were on your period because I'm not up to speed on your menstrual cycle.

The Porkchop Express
AG
LB12Diamond said:

He played scared. We went all year without being hit once in practice it appears. Those 1,000 reps in practice are not the same when he know he can get blasted in a game.

He needs to get blasted this week in practice and see if that makes him see. Heys it's going to be alright. Get in there and play the right way. Or if he continues with happy feet.
Sounds like he has no problem getting blasted.

LB12Diamond
AG
halfastros81 said:

Maybe he was playing scared but he didn't get hit a whole lot in the game from what I recall. I didn't rewatch the game but he was only sacked once and he didn't get blasted on the plays he ran that I can remember.

If he had gotten hit good it might have actually helped. Would have shown it's ok to get hit. He was getting happy feet with no pressure at all. Thats not good.

It appears Elko maybe made a mistake not allowing any contact.
fav13andac1)c
AG
If he comes out like that against McNeese State I'll be ready to try someone new. He had plenty of time to throw, yet he never set his feet.

I'm ready to write it off as first game back from injury jitters, but I'm willing to bet he's on a shorter leash, especially if THAT low of level of play continues.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
harge57 said:

Then you haven't watched much college football.

The teenaged melodrama is the only source of humor after losses.
Southlake
twhitfield8758 said:

I agree with the OP. This is a young man and we need to support Conner. He has shown he has talent. This is obviously a major setback, but also an opportunity for growth.

He is either going to rise up or he is not, but while he is our starter, we need to support him! Some of these posts are ridiculous.
This is why we have a mediocre program.

We pay these guys. They are not real students. If they underperform, then next guy up. If a manager in your company lost a major account due to malfeasance, you'd fire him or demote him.
trip98
AG
Yep...just bad footwork...that's all it is.....had he had good footwork he would have been well above average

Consider me skeptical....
Ags4DaWin
Sterling82 said:

Weigman deserves criticism. But continuing to run down everything about the guy borders on being hateful and is uncalled for.

Precisely

He sucked against ND.

Worse than any other A&M QB that has played an entire game start to finish.

The biggest question is why he was allowed to play from start to finish.

In a game that close against a highly ranked opponent when you legit have a chance to win despite such God awful QB play, why the hell do you leave him in to tank the game?

This was not a toss away game.

It was a game we needed to win.

In thsi situation you replace him to see if we can gut out the win with someone else at QB.

Then you reevaluate everyone at the McNeese state scrimmage.

There is bad QB play and there is no excuse God awful completely inept QB play.

You don't yank an established QB for the latter.

But Weigman is neither established nor was his play bad.

It was God Awful Completely inept QB play by a nonestablished starter.

No excuse to keep him in.

None.

And Elko should be held to account for leaving him in.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Million said:

You can have a bad game and get a W. CW had a bad game and got an L .... when it should have been a W.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
In the era of NIL and Portal, you play to win. This old recipe of leaving the QB in to get right mentally is no longer applicable. You're either ready to play or you're not. Take a seat on the bench and next man up.
WestGalvestonAggie
It's not that he was bad, it's that he was SO bad it's hard to see any upside right now. He legit looked like he was playing out of position. It was like our 4th string emergency quarterback, who is actually a kicker, was out there starting against freaking Notre Dame. Plus he sounded like a marble mouthed imbecile on GameDay. Plus he barfed all over himself on national TV.

Dude had an all-timer of a bad showing to say the least. He has nowhere to go but up!
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
AggieMD95
AG
harge57 said:

You haven't been watching fb for very long then.

Kyler Murray's dad threw 5 picks in the 87 cotton bowl. Two for pick 6. A&M lost by two TD. To be fair he threw for more yards than weigman in this one but essentially lost the game.

Corey pulling through 3 picks and lost two fumbles in a loss to Texas in 1995. The last swc game I think. A&M only lost the game by ten w 6 overall turnovers. Our poor defense.
big red dog
Tell us how you really feel Nancy
The Porkchop Express
AG
AggieMD95 said:

harge57 said:

You haven't been watching fb for very long then.

Kyler Murray's dad threw 5 picks in the 87 cotton bowl. Two for pick 6. A&M lost by two TD. To be fair he threw for more yards than weigman in this one but essentially lost the game.

Corey pulling through 3 picks and lost two fumbles in a loss to Texas in 1995. The last swc game I think. A&M only lost the game by ten w 6 overall turnovers. Our poor defense.

The difference between Kevin Murray and Corey Pullig as quarterbacks is roughly the distance from here to the sun and back.
diamondag
Mike Elkos Burner said:

Coppell97 said:

aglaes said:

harge57 said:

He had the highest PFF grade for a QB last season until his injury. Even then, Jayden Daniels didn't jump ahead of him until week 5 or 6. Nobody talks about that. Or how he had the 2nd highest career TD-INT ratio among P4 starting QBs heading into this season. Everybody is so quick to crucify this dude after one horrible game.

We're just saying the coach should have pulled him when he noticed he was having the worst game ever and maybe somebody else off the bench could've given us spark

Coach said when Nabou got hurt faaiu went in and played great.

Well when you have a quarterback who's playing horribly and The worst game ever, maybe another quarterback could've gone and played great

Couldn't be much Worse than the worst performance ever

rootube
AG
Million said:

Probably because we only have 12 in the regular season which means 1 is statistically significant.
joe crombie
Ozamataz Buckshank 01 said:

I keep seeing Reed being pushed to be the starter. According to 247, his high school completion percentage was 54%. Mike Leach used to explain that kids don't jump from 50% completion rate in high school to over 60% completion rate in college. You start Reed, then the other teams will load the box and force him to throw.
That would be worlds better than what cw did on saturday. You don't perform as badlyl as cw did, unless you are a terrible qb or something is wrong with you.

Footwork my ass.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.