Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Absolute State of Texags Football/Recruiting Discourse

6,356 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Divining Rod
Classof25Battler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look, I won't sugarcoat it, haven't been on the site long. Following the amazing baseball postseason got me on here and seeing that current students had access to premium. With that being said the way every thread in the football/premium forum surrounding recruiting/the upcoming season seems to degenerate into name-calling is kinda disappointing. Just because someone is really optimistic doesn't mean you have to be a debbie downer and just because someone has questions about aspects of the program moving forward doesn't mean they're a sip troll. I know there are legitimate repeat offenders but I think in general people should give other posters the benefit of the doubt. Being optimistic about Elko and Klein is good; discussing how Elko is recruiting offensively is fine too. Respect is one of our core values and I think people need to lend that to each other and the new program. Ts and Gs from an incoming zip
aa4136
unsubscribe
Classof25Battler
AG
This is such an unreasonable response and encapsulates the issue. Normal people don't say go away when hearing a call to civility. I enjoy Texags and like talking about my Aggies
rondis23
AG
There are a lot of bad posters, and you just kind of have to sift through the dumb responses. I was a long time lurker on TexAgs since 2002, and didn't finally start posting until 2005.

That being said, I highly recommend you subscribe to the TexAgs YouTube channel. They are LIVE every morning from 8AM-11AM. You get to see, listen, and interact with the TexAgs crew. Nuño and the staff read some of the comments Live and it just takes TexAgs to a whole other level. Check it out! Hope this helps.
Divining Rod
you might have a point to make,OP, but your refusal to use paragraphs led me to decide no, and skip your post.

Those who struggle with their writing generally aren't a compelling read.
Classof25Battler
AG
Divining Rod said:

you might have a point to make,OP, but your refusal to use paragraphs led me to decide no, and skip your post.

Those who struggle with their writing generally aren't a compelling read.

My entire post was 155 words and all expressed a central idea: there is a lack of respect given in Texags discussions. 100-200 is average for paragraphs.
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-long-is-a-paragraph-explained#
Rectitude
AG
Classof25Battler said:

Look, I won't sugarcoat it, haven't been on the site long. Following the amazing baseball postseason got me on here and seeing that current students had access to premium. With that being said the way every thread in the football/premium forum surrounding recruiting/the upcoming season seems to degenerate into name-calling is kinda disappointing. Just because someone is really optimistic doesn't mean you have to be a debbie downer and just because someone has questions about aspects of the program moving forward doesn't mean they're a sip troll. I know there are legitimate repeat offenders but I think in general people should give other posters the benefit of the doubt. Being optimistic about Elko and Klein is good; discussing how Elko is recruiting offensively is fine too. Respect is one of our core values and I think people need to lend that to each other and the new program. Ts and Gs from an incoming zip
I side with the OP. Having said that I come here under the knowledge that the entire internet is a bit dangerous and rude if one seeks civility. I try to enjoy the good and ignor the idiots.

Thanks for the post. Things like this occasionally are helpful.
alexandertheok
First time on the internet?
Canyon Lake Agbu94
Wait until OP reads a gameday thread during the game. Wow!!
BCR
Grammar smack talk. I love it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It's the zoo. Monkey poo is part of the appeal.

Just to add: The most annoying people are undoubtedly the ones who get angry that you posted something they don't deem as "aggie football related."
ccolley68
AG
Should we really value the opinion of a student who made it to their senior year before venturing to Texags?

And class of '25. I've been posting on Texags longer than class of '25 has been alive, but by all means tell us how we should behave.

I've been through Slocum, Fran, Sherman, Sumlin, and Jimbo. Forgive me if my online skepticism offends anyone.
achooooo
OP, you are wasting your time. Most (not all) of the posters on this board are an embarrassment to Texas A&M. Just look at the first response to your post.
SA-AG72
AG
ccolley68 said:

Should we really value the opinion of a student who made it to their senior year before venturing to Texags?

And class of '25. I've been posting on Texags longer than class of '25 has been alive, but by all means tell us how we should behave.

I've been through Slocum, Fran, Sherman, Sumlin, and Jimbo. Forgive me if my online skepticism offends anyone.

WOW, give you a trophy!
AgLaw02
AG
There's a certain snide and sarcastic element to anonymous message boards. Everyone is welcome here, but not everyone will enjoy it.
Zackdh9
AG
My son, while I agree with you, it is much easier to find Jesus than to try to change texags. Honest advice.
Bill Superman
AG
I side with you OP, but you need to remember that this is the internet after all. And as much as sip and the like pretend that we don't live rent free in their heads at all times, they do tend to frequent this place more than many Ags ourselves and love to troll and pretend to be one of us.

It's both annoying and flattering but is part of the charm that keeps bringing us back. Nothing better than putting a sip in their place, they make it easy after all.
The Collective
AG
Young people get on internet forums?
Sponge
AG
Nobody is mean; it's all good natured ribbing. In reality
tjburns
Make sure you stay in school for a few more years, the real world does not seem to be a place you are ready for if you cannot handle a message board..
BrotherChad2
Classof25Battler said:

Still not going to forgive y'all for the multiple deletes of what I've said about Elko!!

Dude gets 3 years maximum to hit 10 wins (and hopefully make the 'Loffs). In which case I'd gladly extend him.

The fact that most of this board can't set a firm boundary with the head coach on expectations even in Year 1, says a lot about the unhealthy hive groupthink that OP is calling out.
Kozmozag
Op chose a side, he is going to join the sunshine pumpers, in a few more seasons of aggie football he will be a potbanger.
Classof25Battler
AG
You're clowning yourself if you don't think I can handle some berating. No, I'm not some Gen-Z snowflake. The issue I have is people acting like ones when someone disagrees with their current opinions on Aggie football, good or bad.
TyperWoods
Classof25Battler said:

Sir/Ma'am/Zi,

This is the Zoo.

You may be looking for the premium board.
greg.w.h
AG
The Collective said:

Young people get on internet forums?
No. all olds except OP…
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
the zoo before johnny was a sight to see. OP would have died. Johnny came, traffic picked up, the mods ruined everything to appease people like OP, who of course will only demand more moderation.

Shoefly!
AG
ccolley68 said:

God Bless You, I'm happy you're still with us.
StinkyPinky
AG
OP (new adult): Can't we be adults and just be kind to each other?
Zoo (old adults): Grow up and stop being so immature and learn to be a dk to people.

I'm Team OP
classof92
This is one of the best threads I've read. So much bickering. Too funny.
My Dad Earl
AG
Let's see if OP is still here after the inevitable Premium Board football meltdown that is bound to happen at least two or three times a year for whatever reason. That'll really put him to the test.

And OP, you will soon understand that internet posters, and especially those whom a vast majority suffer from BAS, do not make for the most civil of places.
Aggie Apotheosis
I don't get much chance to be on the board because I work so dang much and do a lot of traveling for my job but as far as I can tell this board is about as civil as any other. Any time you are talking about a group of tens of thousands of people there will be very little deviation from the norm.
Aggie Therapist
AG
AgLaw02 said:

There's a certain snide and sarcastic element to anonymous message boards. Everyone is welcome here, but not everyone will enjoy it.

AgLaw02 understands how to internet.
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
Aggie Therapist
AG
Premium is a positive spin zone only hang out.

You can come to the zoo and actually vent your frustrations and critique Aggie Football or the university without being called a "bleeder" or "sip troll".

Football forum and Premium forum are definitely not the same.
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
BMX Bandit
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

the zoo before johnny was a sight to see. OP would have died. Johnny came, traffic picked up, the mods ruined everything to appease people like OP, who of course will only demand more moderation.

These young kids wouldn't last an hour in the zoo where they raised me
MosesRAB-93
AG
Take it to the Snowflake Forum
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.