Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Absolute State of Texags Football/Recruiting Discourse

6,397 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Divining Rod
JMR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
ccolley68 said:

Should we really value the opinion of a student who made it to their senior year before venturing to Texags?

And class of '25. I've been posting on Texags longer than class of '25 has been alive, but by all means tell us how we should behave.

I've been through Slocum, Fran, Sherman, Sumlin, and Jimbo. Forgive me if my online skepticism offends anyone.

DILLY DILLY!!
Aginnebraska
AG
Classof25Battler said:

Look, I won't sugarcoat it, haven't been on the site long. Following the amazing baseball postseason got me on here and seeing that current students had access to premium. With that being said the way every thread in the football/premium forum surrounding recruiting/the upcoming season seems to degenerate into name-calling is kinda disappointing. Just because someone is really optimistic doesn't mean you have to be a debbie downer and just because someone has questions about aspects of the program moving forward doesn't mean they're a sip troll. I know there are legitimate repeat offenders but I think in general people should give other posters the benefit of the doubt. Being optimistic about Elko and Klein is good; discussing how Elko is recruiting offensively is fine too. Respect is one of our core values and I think people need to lend that to each other and the new program. Ts and Gs from an incoming zip
Ah to be young again. Brimming with optimism and unburdened by 30 years of close calls, almosts and moral victories.
aggiebird02
I heard that A&M gets more money off concessions than they do tickets…
TyperWoods
I've been on this site since Charlie Moran, I've seen it all!

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Young whippersnappers...
Buck Turgidson
This forum is for unreasonable blowhards and emotional jackasses with bad takes. It's call "the zoo" for a reason.
Meximan
Classof25Battler said:

Divining Rod said:

you might have a point to make,OP, but your refusal to use paragraphs led me to decide no, and skip your post.

Those who struggle with their writing generally aren't a compelling read.

My entire post was 155 words and all expressed a central idea: there is a lack of respect given in Texags discussions. 100-200 is average for paragraphs.
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-long-is-a-paragraph-explained#
While you are technically correct (the best kind of correct) in the mobile phone age one or two sentences can turn into a screen full of text, therefore usually modern forum writing demands paragraphs be closer to 2 or 3 short sentences in length.
Javier The Extraordinaire
AG
Classof25Battler said:

Look, I won't sugarcoat it, haven't been on the site long. Following the amazing baseball postseason got me on here and seeing that current students had access to premium. With that being said the way every thread in the football/premium forum surrounding recruiting/the upcoming season seems to degenerate into name-calling is kinda disappointing. Just because someone is really optimistic doesn't mean you have to be a debbie downer and just because someone has questions about aspects of the program moving forward doesn't mean they're a sip troll. I know there are legitimate repeat offenders but I think in general people should give other posters the benefit of the doubt. Being optimistic about Elko and Klein is good; discussing how Elko is recruiting offensively is fine too. Respect is one of our core values and I think people need to lend that to each other and the new program. Ts and Gs from an incoming zip

If you've ever wondered how the Varsity forum is different, respect is one of the big things for it. It has a code of conduct that basically eliminates trolls. Regular football forum has a lot of trolls, Premium forum has fewer, and Varsity has none. It's more expensive, but if you're looking for civil conversation like you would have face to face with someone, then that's the forum for you.
Aggie Apotheosis
Buck Turgidson said:

This forum is for unreasonable blowhards and emotional jackasses with bad takes. It's call "the zoo" for a reason.

I knew there was a reason it fits me like a glove.
stegler
AG
Canyon Lake Agbu94 said:

Wait until OP reads a gameday thread during the game. Wow!!

This. When I'm 4 bourbons deep and we can't convert the 3rd and 1.
AWP 97
AG
OP is so typical of today's generation. "Hey, everyone! I'm here now and I'd like to point out what I don't like and how I think you should fix it." Don't pay attention to the fact that something has been around for 25+ years. These are the same people who go to a school like A&M and then want to change it to some entirely different school.

The zoo is what it is. It's not for everyone. If you don't like it, the internet runs both ways.
Aggie Therapist
AG
OP will do much better on premium board.

Sunshine police and positivity patrol are big there
Ag in ATL
AG
Each board has its own personality so to speak. To some extent it is related to the success in the sport. Until the football results are consistently much better than the last decade or two, BAS reigns here. You might not have seen this particular acronym yet. It stands for Battered Aggie Syndrome. You got spoiled by the relative sanity/optimism of the Baseball board.
Cojack
Cry boy, go get some waaahh burgers!
APHIS AG
The only thing that I have noticed is that we are now under the radar. We are not expected to be no more than 7-5 this season.

To me, this is good for there is no pressure to win. Even when it was announced that we were even ranked, this brought a "what" and "why" from many prognosticators.

Having Fisher gone and Elko, a complete opposite, is like a breath of fresh air.

I personally think that the Ags will do better than 7-5 however, the first game will be very telling as to where the program is.
greg.w.h
AG
Zackdh9 said:

My son, while I agree with you, it is much easier to find Jesus than to try to change texags. Honest advice.
Soinds like a camel through the eye of a needle difficulty level…
Womackster
AG
I told y'all nothing good would come of serving soy in Sbisa.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Is B1 still a limp outfit?
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
In4TheHuddle
AG
I don't disagree there are some real @$$h0l3s around here and since it's all anonymous it makes it even worse.

However this post is kind of like walking into a bar and asking people to keep it down because some of us are trying to have real conversations.

Enjoy what you can here and ignore those with issues.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Facebook is even worse.
Commander Gorn
AG
"I can change the Zoo!"
yonose
AG
Delete thread! Ban user. No posts about feelings getting hurt allowed in here. No room for civility in this forum!!!
infinity ag
ccolley68 said:

Should we really value the opinion of a student who made it to their senior year before venturing to Texags?

And class of '25. I've been posting on Texags longer than class of '25 has been alive, but by all means tell us how we should behave.

I've been through Slocum, Fran, Sherman, Sumlin, and Jimbo. Forgive me if my online skepticism offends anyone.

lol I was going to say the same thing.
infinity ag
Commander Gorn said:

"I can change the Zoo!"

I can change the world
Divining Rod
Classof25Battler said:

Divining Rod said:

you might have a point to make,OP, but your refusal to use paragraphs led me to decide no, and skip your post.

Those who struggle with their writing generally aren't a compelling read.

My entire post was 155 words and all expressed a central idea: there is a lack of respect given in Texags discussions. 100-200 is average for paragraphs.
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-long-is-a-paragraph-explained#

At first, I wondered if my using the word "refusal" (to use paragraphs) was harsh. Now i see i was spot on.

Read 100 or so posts and get back to me how many contain even 1 of your 150-word-average paragraphs.

"you can lead a horse to water....". just trying to help you out.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.