Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jacoby Mathews…where did he land?

5,921 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ray Baker
Rysad13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know it doesn't matter at this point but I was just curious….does anyone know where he landed? I haven't seen or heard anything.

I'm expecting to be crucified for this so close to our season starting and have other things going on….
redjalapeno-87
Who dat?
LB12Diamond
AG
Checked 247 and they did not have any update except for him to transfer. No new school updated.
well_endowed_ag
We have a pretty poor hit rate on top rated recruits from third world countr…..I mean, Louisiana.
AWP 97
AG
Haven't there been 2-3 threads started on this topic or am I thinking of another site?
phatcat
AG
If he was accountable and went to class, practice, and workouts on time he might be in our rotation.
Ginormus Ag
AG
phatcat said:

If he was accountable and went to class, practice, and workouts on time he might be in our rotation.
So you're saying he is at LSU.
ahpetty33
AG
It's weird to use this as an insult towards LSU when this kid and 15 others like him were literally the whole problem with OUR culture. They were in OUR building, while LSU was winning 9 games last year and winning a heisman .We failed spectacularly the last three years because of the enablement culture
CoachLB
ahpetty33 said:

It's weird to use this as an insult towards LSU when this kid and 15 others like him were literally the whole problem with OUR culture. They were in OUR building, while LSU was winning 9 games last year and winning a heisman .We failed spectacularly the last three years because of the enablement culture
That was a Jimbo culture you are talking about. Jimbo was slack on accountability. LSU is slack on crime and school. But believe me they work in football they don't allow slacking in that.
ahpetty33
AG
That's all fine and well, but our school made that coach the highest paid coach in history at the time because we were so in love with him. You can split hairs about whether something was Jimbo or whether it was A&M, I'm just saying the insult doesn't hold water until our image recovers
CoachLB
ahpetty33 said:

That's all fine and well, but our school made that coach the highest paid coach in history at the time because we were so in love with him. You can split hairs about whether something was Jimbo or whether it was A&M, I'm just saying the insult doesn't hold water until our image recovers
A&M had Jimbo for 6 seasons. . LSU has a lifetime of bad history on this stuff. Like comparing a kid who messed up and shoplifted and a hardened criminal.
Ray Baker
CoachLB said:

ahpetty33 said:

A&M had Jimbo for 6 seasons. . LSU has a lifetime of bad history on this stuff. Like comparing a kid who messed up and shoplifted and a hardened criminal.

LSU's "lifetime of bad history" is no worse than any other top SEC program.
In regards to Matthews- it's pretty telling that LSU needed DBs in the portal and they took Jardin Gilbert and passed on Matthews
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Yeah, because all top sec programs funnel money though children's hospitals.

Ray Baker
NyAggie said:

Quote:

Yeah, because all top sec programs funnel money though children's hospitals.

Go ahead and look at the facts of that story. There was one player's father paid by the hospital for a job he did not report to. The CEO of the hospital was indicted on federal charges and is now in prison.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.