Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TJ Shanahan

7,761 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by The Zookeeper
BigRedAg2031
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw somewhere that TJ Shanahan got arrested. Can anyone confirm this because I can't seem to find where I first read this? It really stings if it's true though. Hopefully nothing serious.
Aggie Dad Sip
BigRedAg2031 said:

I saw somewhere that TJ Shanahan got arrested. Can anyone confirm this because I can't seem to find where I first read this? It really stings if it's true though. Hopefully nothing serious.

MIP at Northgate last night.
soleta27
Are you behind TJ on the depth chart?
soleta27
https://247sports.com/article/texas-am-offensive-lineman-tj-shanahan-arrested-released-on-alcohol-charges-235957863/
TexasAggiesWin
S
soleta27 said:

Are you behind TJ on the depth chart?

Not anymore
jt16
AG
MIP - forgive me if I don't care one bit about this one.
Timberwolf
AG
And so it begins
LB12Diamond
AG
Timberwolf said:

And so it begins

What begins

An MIP. For a college student?? LOL
Timberwolf
AG
The whole Elkos lost control crowd
Cojack
So much for the buy in…
theJonatron
AG
ATF did a sting at a gas station a friend of mine used a fake license at. They arrested everyone in the car except me and another because we didn't talk back and cooperated. They kept asking where the party was at and I said sir that's an 18 pack and 4 of us, we were going to have some beers and watch a movie at my apartment

A couple years later, ATF arrested someone from my hometown as she was sitting on a bench for PI. She was fine. I luckily ran into him at the paintball field when he was taking his kid there. I bunkered him and gave him some paint to the neck.

ATF and CSPD is full of hall monitor kids
TxAg76
AG

SEC ready
redeyeone
AG
I doubt the it was the MIP that got him arrested. More likely, the Failure to Identify.
jt16
AG
redeyeone said:

I doubt the it was the MIP that got him arrested. More likely, the Failure to Identify.

Probably. I wonder if they were ever able to identify this 6'4" 330lb dude

&width=180&height=270&type=webp
fav13andac1)c
AG
Unfortunate because he was getting reps at center.

The offensive line is thin (personnel wise) and just got thinner.
Aggie Dad 26
Timberwolf said:

The whole Elkos lost control crowd

Sumlin has lost control
rpag87
Exact same thing Johnny did. Johnny got to play. T.J.'s a rough dude. We need him. Johnny got to play.
Martin Cash
AG
redeyeone said:

This. Doubling down on stupidity.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
mustang1234
Seems like Big Money Ags are not donating enough cash to the CSPD recreational Fund.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Sober him up and suit him up!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Just a week and a half ago we were extolling the virtues of alcohol rather than weed. Now we are sad about one of our guys and booze. Keep on keeping on Texags.
P.U.T.U
AG
Username fits
oysterbayAG
AG
If Kolinu gets injured, who do we have that can be the center ? This could be a disaster !
Bill Superman
AG
We need to get CSPD under control.
Class of 65
AG
Very special training must be supplied toCS police to learn to identify a 6'4'' 333 pound lineman. How did they fail in this excercise. Suspect they are just prejudiced.
redeyeone
AG
In the MIP context it just means the person usually shows a fake ID to the cops. Probably the same fake ID they showed the bartender/7-11 person to get the beer. Very stupid to do and is a class B misdemeanor so instead of a citation you are getting arrested. I did an internship at the county court at law in Bryan my senior year. Seemed like every college kid that was charged with Failure to ID had the same scenario.
94chem
Sometimes a big victory over McNeese is just too much for a kid to handle.

But at least it didn't happen after a loss.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
greg.w.h
AG
It was stupid. The sister of a key coworker a few years back got arrested for presenting a fake id. Her dad was so pissed he refused to bail her out so mom and sisters did it. Heh.

Look…ATF is based on a long history in Texas including significant social opposition to alcohol often based on efforts by Women's Christian Temperance Unions that argued abuse of children and women was due to alcohol abuse. That was concurrent with women's suffrage and was a key first issue for many women. After the 21st Amendment repealed the 18th's institution of prohibition, in Texas prohibition was maintained unless overturned county by county. That process was slow because especially Baptist churches opposed it (don't act surprised or lecture me on legislating morality…I'm reminding you what the history is.)

But most importantly it's a grift. Almost all regulation creates barriers to entry to competition so those who are in the market already oppose reducing barriers for others. Their lobbying and funding of campaigns is rent seeking.

With respect to CSPD: not maintaining public order shouldn't be desired. Abusing power should be carefullly avoided. Calling them hall monitors displays disdain for the balance. Usually the fix is make the mayors and city council go out and support law enforcement so they aren't dodging optical/political responsibility…
OrygunAg
AG
used to be the alc police were texas alcohol bev commission and they were tabc. Atf was feds.
I guess I'm old now.
redeyeone
AG
I'm pretty sure you are still right. TABC is the state organization that regulates alcohol, etc.
TowerAg90
AG
Its TABC not ATF you're thinking about. ATF doesn't do Northgate underage beer sale stings.
The Zookeeper
AG
redeyeone said:

CSPD --- MIP was a ticket (and confiscation) everytime for me ... only got arrested for PI(s).

Agree ... probably failure to identify or talking back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.